Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough 14:23 - May 9 with 7168 viewslondonlisa2001

I know we have spoken on this board about this over the past few weeks, but I thought the new BBC documentary on this last night was superb. Incredibly moving.

If anyone has a spare two hours I would urge you to watch this on iplayer. Made me want to cry and throw things in equal measure. Such dignity on display it was humbling.

Hillsborough on 21:47 - May 9 with 2098 viewsepaul

Hillsborough on 20:12 - May 9 by Glyn1

Something that you don't want to watch but know that you have to watch.

Im an hour into it and boy its hard but I know Ive got to watch it to the end, that Duckenfield needs to be hung on a lamppost so everyone can see the utter utter b*stard

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Hillsborough on 21:51 - May 9 with 2094 viewsPhil_S

Hillsborough on 14:28 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

I'm watching it now. It's not easy viewing. Anyone who still wants to perpetuate the lie that football fans were somehow in any way responsible for what happened that day, and there were plenty on here a couple of weeks ago, should be made to watch this and then hang their heads in shame.

Watched it last night, superbly put together and impossible not to be moved and angered by the stuff on there
Hillsborough on 22:04 - May 9 with 2071 viewsdickythorpe

Moved me and I still wonder to this day why the feck the sun newspaper is still trading.
The man who told the BBC his father had died had me in tears please I saw some images I'd never saw before.
We mustn't forget the good police that day., and likewise the scum police surely they will be brought to justice soon.
My greatest respect to the families of the bereaved and those legal heroes that fought hard with them.
RIP the 96.
Hillsborough on 22:42 - May 9 with 2030 views1983

Hillsborough on 22:04 - May 9 by dickythorpe

Moved me and I still wonder to this day why the feck the sun newspaper is still trading.
The man who told the BBC his father had died had me in tears please I saw some images I'd never saw before.
We mustn't forget the good police that day., and likewise the scum police surely they will be brought to justice soon.
My greatest respect to the families of the bereaved and those legal heroes that fought hard with them.
RIP the 96.

Didn't see it but will watch it on i player

Excuse my ignorance but can anybody actually go to jail because of this now?

Duckenfield etc

Hillsborough on 23:18 - May 9 with 2004 viewsepaul

Hillsborough on 22:42 - May 9 by 1983

Duckenfield etc

Because of the outcome the other day the DP is now considering criminal proceedings, I hope so the b*stards who covered up and lied need to f*cking rot

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Hillsborough on 02:17 - May 10 with 1936 viewsLoyal

Hillsborough on 21:47 - May 9 by epaul

Im an hour into it and boy its hard but I know Ive got to watch it to the end, that Duckenfield needs to be hung on a lamppost so everyone can see the utter utter b*stard

Nothing like scapegoats in the land of the free.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Hillsborough on 02:18 - May 10 with 1935 viewsLoyal

Duckenfield etc

Of course he will, it's the final chapter.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Hillsborough on 05:20 - May 10 with 1903 viewsHumpty

Hillsborough on 02:17 - May 10 by Loyal

Nothing like scapegoats in the land of the free.

Would you like to expand on that at at all?

It looks like you're making out Duckenfield is a scapegoat in some way.

Could you expand on that please?
Login to get fewer ads

Hillsborough on 09:05 - May 10 with 1834 viewsLoyal

Hillsborough on 05:20 - May 10 by Humpty

Would you like to expand on that at at all?

It looks like you're making out Duckenfield is a scapegoat in some way.

Could you expand on that please?

You may assume what you want, we long for someone to blame in these situations, and I agree that he should be charged and tried. However, here's hoping that goes for all those who affected that day's events. The stadium safety manager ? Is a very good starting point.

Not just the one man who no matter what he said or did would have wished this to happen to anyone.

I stand up for no man at no time, and take no sides at any time in this matter. I just hope the direct families of these victims at some point stop hurting. And hanging Duckenfield from a lamppost is not going to help ......

Hillsborough on 09:48 - May 10 with 1800 viewssherpajacob

I see it as two separate but related matters.

1. The cause of the original disaster. Which was set out decades ago in the Taylor report.

2. The subsequent establishment cover up. Put in place because it was simply incomprehensible to the powers that be that the police could be to blame and must be held accountable.

For the first- those responsible should have been removed from their posts, it's all a bit late for that now.

For the second - Those responsible should still face jail for perverting the course of justice.

There are people who fall into both categories.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hillsborough on 10:28 - May 10 with 1771 viewsepaul

Hillsborough on 09:05 - May 10 by Loyal

You may assume what you want, we long for someone to blame in these situations, and I agree that he should be charged and tried. However, here's hoping that goes for all those who affected that day's events. The stadium safety manager ? Is a very good starting point.

Not just the one man who no matter what he said or did would have wished this to happen to anyone.

I stand up for no man at no time, and take no sides at any time in this matter. I just hope the direct families of these victims at some point stop hurting. And hanging Duckenfield from a lamppost is not going to help ......

That was my raw emotion and anger at the time last night watching and listening g, of course he shouldn't be hung from a lamppost (although I think I meant it more as a metaphor) . Yes he should face trial and then we will see the outcome

Hillsborough on 11:15 - May 10 with 1740 viewsjackb

watched it last night, very powerful, choked up a few times.

Defining moment at the 20th anniversary when one guy shouted justice then the crowd chanted, the look on Burnham's face was something else.

And that scumbag 'Lord Justice' Smith making a joke about liverpool fans arriving at last minute, what an utter c&nt
Hillsborough on 16:31 - May 10 with 1644 viewsOxOsp

Hillsborough on 11:15 - May 10 by jackb

watched it last night, very powerful, choked up a few times.

Defining moment at the 20th anniversary when one guy shouted justice then the crowd chanted, the look on Burnham's face was something else.

And that scumbag 'Lord Justice' Smith making a joke about liverpool fans arriving at last minute, what an utter c&nt

I remembered the Burnham moment at Anfield. I was quite choked up for him week before last when he stepped up to do his speech and the crowd starting singing "There's only one Andy Burnham." He looked genuinely touched.
Hillsborough on 16:36 - May 10 with 1636 viewsHighjack

Duckenfield etc

I would have some sympathy for him if he hasn't acted the way he did afterwards to save his own skin. He should never have been put in that position of responsibility for such a big game given his obvious lack of competence and experience. But to lie and squirm and doctor evidence he should be shot.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024