Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit 15:28 - May 9 with 4094 viewsSheffieldjack

Guidolin has brought exactly what he thought he would bring to us. He has adjusted in his time here - he has got to know the squad and got used to the Premier League. He has brought in a bit of common sense and a bit of simplicity, as well as experience. I don't think those simple things are highlighted enough in the modern world of football. Sometimes other things are given too much prominence and some over-analysing goes on. - Huw Jenkins.

If this report is accurate it sounds like a hint at a change of heart. We can hope it's true!
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:33 - May 9 with 4064 viewsGlyn1

What's the source for this? Interesting if true.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:36 - May 9 with 4051 viewsSheffieldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:33 - May 9 by Glyn1

What's the source for this? Interesting if true.

Give Me Sport are reporting it as if it's a press interview given today by Huw Jenkins.
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:44 - May 9 with 4015 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:36 - May 9 by Sheffieldjack

Give Me Sport are reporting it as if it's a press interview given today by Huw Jenkins.

Sorry Sheffield jack - did it say 'brought what he thought' or 'brought what we thought'?

Just makes a bit of difference that's all but not sure whether typo?
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:54 - May 9 with 3958 viewsSheffieldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:44 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

Sorry Sheffield jack - did it say 'brought what he thought' or 'brought what we thought'?

Just makes a bit of difference that's all but not sure whether typo?

It's being reported as - "brought what he thought". However, I agree with you that it makes more sense as "brought what we thought" and perhaps Give Me Sport have made a typo in reporting it. However, in this case don't shoot the messenger - I've just copied and pasted what they've reported!
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:57 - May 9 with 3945 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:54 - May 9 by Sheffieldjack

It's being reported as - "brought what he thought". However, I agree with you that it makes more sense as "brought what we thought" and perhaps Give Me Sport have made a typo in reporting it. However, in this case don't shoot the messenger - I've just copied and pasted what they've reported!

I guess we'll never know !

It would just be interesting if it was actually 'brought what he thought he could' as it indicates that he told them that a move back to a more simple strategy would be good for the club. If brought what we thought then it's a bit more 'everything is great so we're going to say we always knew it would be' .
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:58 - May 9 with 3939 viewsSheffieldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 15:57 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

I guess we'll never know !

It would just be interesting if it was actually 'brought what he thought he could' as it indicates that he told them that a move back to a more simple strategy would be good for the club. If brought what we thought then it's a bit more 'everything is great so we're going to say we always knew it would be' .

Your reasoning is very astute.
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:08 - May 9 with 3890 viewsbazzool

Heres the article

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36249164
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:11 - May 9 with 3874 viewsnyc_swans

without taking sides here, what exactly is Huw supposed to say there? "we brought him in to get us relegated"

it may very well be that FG did exactly what he was asked and what was expected, but he will still never been seen as a long term solution. he of course should be considered given his success with this squad, but i don't read that quote as a "change of heart"
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:14 - May 9 with 3854 viewsbazzool

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:11 - May 9 by nyc_swans

without taking sides here, what exactly is Huw supposed to say there? "we brought him in to get us relegated"

it may very well be that FG did exactly what he was asked and what was expected, but he will still never been seen as a long term solution. he of course should be considered given his success with this squad, but i don't read that quote as a "change of heart"

Thats what i was trying to work, i came across the article just now when looking through bbc lol and thought id post it as a couple asked where was this said
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:23 - May 9 with 3815 viewsjack247

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:11 - May 9 by nyc_swans

In isolation, I wouldn't either, but the timing coukd be significant. I don't know when he was actually interviewed, but he knows how to keep his lip buttoned. I would imagine he would have steered the conversation away from Guifolin if he wasn't at least under consideration.
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:36 - May 9 with 3749 viewsicecoldjack

Huw Jenkins = smoke and mirrors .
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:00 - May 9 with 3642 viewsSheffieldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 16:23 - May 9 by jack247

In isolation, I wouldn't either, but the timing coukd be significant. I don't know when he was actually interviewed, but he knows how to keep his lip buttoned. I would imagine he would have steered the conversation away from Guifolin if he wasn't at least under consideration.

The last two sentences could be taken as a swipe at our Brenda couldn't they?
"I don't think those simple things are highlighted enough in the modern world of football. Sometimes other things are given too much prominence and some over-analysing goes on."

Given Brenda's love of dodgy dossiers and all that, I wonder if HJ is having second thoughts.
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:05 - May 9 with 3609 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is an Evening Post interview. See

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Huw-Jenkins-salutes-Francesco-Guidolin-S
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:06 - May 9 with 3602 viewsOldjack

I can't see what more Franco has to do to carry on in the already splendid job he's done to date ,apart from a few blips and a tad on the cautious side when every point mattered at the start of his campaign ,he's now showing what he's all about ,it would be madness not to get his signature for the next few years

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:45 - May 9 with 3514 viewsWarwickHunt

Stand by for a handshake followed by an email, Frankie...
[Post edited 9 May 2016 17:46]
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:45 - May 9 with 3513 viewsSheffieldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:06 - May 9 by Oldjack

I can't see what more Franco has to do to carry on in the already splendid job he's done to date ,apart from a few blips and a tad on the cautious side when every point mattered at the start of his campaign ,he's now showing what he's all about ,it would be madness not to get his signature for the next few years

Right on!
Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:58 - May 9 with 3480 viewsBanosswan

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:06 - May 9 by Oldjack

Were you in folly farm on Sat oj?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:00 - May 9 with 3465 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:58 - May 9 by Banosswan

Look, no matter what Scooby Doo says he's not a goat !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:08 - May 9 with 3428 viewsBanosswan

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:00 - May 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Look, no matter what Scooby Doo says he's not a goat !

It was wearing a swans baseball cap mind.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:10 - May 9 with 3418 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:08 - May 9 by Banosswan

It was wearing a swans baseball cap mind.

OK, a fair cop lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:11 - May 9 with 3412 viewsmax936

He can't clean those animal pen's out with his back mun

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:18 - May 9 with 3379 viewsOldjack

no ,That was max the goat

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:20 - May 9 with 3367 viewsBanosswan

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:18 - May 9 by Oldjack

no ,That was max the goat

It was a genuine question mind. He had a moustache and was smoking a rolly, with a swans baseball cap on.

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:23 - May 9 with 3351 viewsOldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 18:20 - May 9 by Banosswan

It was a genuine question mind. He had a moustache and was smoking a rolly, with a swans baseball cap on.

not guilty ,never been there

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 20:58 - May 9 with 3103 viewsSheffieldjack

Sir Huw says - Guidolin a hit on 17:45 - May 9 by WarwickHunt

Stand by for a handshake followed by an email, Frankie...
[Post edited 9 May 2016 17:46]

It would be an ignominious, dishonourable way of doing business though. And at the moment 86% of fans answering the poll think that Frankie should be kept on!
[Post edited 9 May 2016 21:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024