Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales full 29-man provisional squad 19:02 - May 9 with 2604 viewscrix

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Owain Fon Williams.

Defenders: Ashley Williams, James Chester, Ben Davies, James Collins, Chris Gunter, Adam Matthews, Neil Taylor, Adam Henley, Paul Dummett, Ashley Richards.

Midfielders: Joe Ledley, Joe Allen, David Vaughan, Emyr Huws, Jonathan Williams, David Edwards, George Williams, Aaron Ramsey, Andy King.

Strikers: David Cotterill, Hal Robson-Kanu, Tom Lawrence, Simon Church, Sam Vokes, Wes Burns, Tom Bradshaw

ok for a bit of fun being as I'm fed up with the managerial threads, the above is chris colemans provisional squad for the euros. hes left out gareth bale because of the champions league so we can assume he would of been in it too.
so bearing that in mind, out of those in the above squad plus bale what would your starting line up be for the first game assuming everyones fit.

-------------------- Hennessey --------------------
Gunter - Collins - Williams - Davies - Taylor
---------------- King - Allen - Ledley -------------
--------------------------- Ramsey ------------------
---------------------- Bale ---------------------------

that's my staring line up. ive gone with chris colemans usual 5 at the back as I don't think we have enough quality midfielders and forwards. also I havnt actually bothered with a recognised striker as none of them seem to be able to hit a barn door lol. so I stuck bale up front as hes our most realistic hope of getting a goal.
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 19:11 - May 9 with 2579 viewstylagarwjack

I'd put Chester in and put Davies to left back, has Coleman not seen how much better Ben is going forward? I'd also put either Matthews or Richards in ahead of Gunter, who is pretty poor IMO.

I'd also put Ramsey deeper instead of King, I'd play Vokes with Bale in behind. Vokes isn't great but at least it allows Bale to play a bit deeper as up against the two centre backs really isn't the best use of him IMO.
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 00:30 - May 10 with 2361 viewsMorganator100

Hennessy
Chester Williams Davies
Gunter Taylor
Allen
Robson Kanu Ramsey Ledley

Bale
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 00:37 - May 10 with 2357 viewsMorganator100

I would like to see Tom Bradshaw make the squad as he looked more dangerous than any of our other strikers. Vokes, Church,. Cotterill, Lawrence etc.

I also can't see Matthews making the quad, Henley, Richards, Edwards, Vaughan, Cotterill, Burns.
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 12:20 - May 10 with 2242 viewsJBT95

Trouble is with Bradshaw he is in the play-offs with Walsall now, which if they go out at the semi final stage won't be a problem as the squad do not meet up until the 23rd. However if they make the final (which I am sure can only be beneficial for Wales in the long run if Bradshaw stays there) he will be in the same boat as Bale as the final is the day after the UCL's. I doubt he will get picked though if he doesn't go to the week training, I'd love to be proved wrong.
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 12:23 - May 10 with 2229 viewsJBT95

My starting XI would be

Hennessey

Gunter Chester Williams Davies Taylor

Allen Ramsey King/Edwards/Ledley

Bale HRK
[Post edited 10 May 2016 12:25]
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 12:29 - May 10 with 2216 viewssomersetsimon

I quite like Robson-Kanu up front for Wales. He's given a job of harassing the defenders, chasing the ball down and creating space and he seems to stick to the job pretty well.
None of our strikers are particularly talented and are unlikely to create a goal for themselves, so we need someone there who is going to work hard and create opportunities for our better midfielders to come through.
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 13:13 - May 10 with 2144 viewsnice_to_michu

Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 12:29 - May 10 by somersetsimon

I quite like Robson-Kanu up front for Wales. He's given a job of harassing the defenders, chasing the ball down and creating space and he seems to stick to the job pretty well.
None of our strikers are particularly talented and are unlikely to create a goal for themselves, so we need someone there who is going to work hard and create opportunities for our better midfielders to come through.

Apparently David Cotterill has a good season, though I don't know if he is good enough to play at the Euros.
Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 13:14 - May 10 with 2144 viewsbuilthjack

There's about 14 of that squad, plus Bale, who are actually good enough. Let's hope we stay injury clear, then we can do something.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 13:51 - May 10 with 2102 viewsyescomeon

Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 13:14 - May 10 by builthjack

There's about 14 of that squad, plus Bale, who are actually good enough. Let's hope we stay injury clear, then we can do something.

Outside of the big boys every country is in that boat. We may even be better off than some. But certainly hope we stay injury free of course.

Upthecity!

Wales full 29-man provisional squad on 14:03 - May 10 with 2083 viewstomdickharry

No Bret Pitman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024