Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin wants Fer 01:48 - May 13 with 9454 viewsforkbeard

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Francesco-Guidolin-keen-permanent-deal-L
Guidolin wants Fer on 02:07 - May 13 with 5110 viewsLoyal

Is this the Leroy Fer that Guidolin didn't bring to the club ?
Think about it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin wants Fer on 07:20 - May 13 with 4923 viewsSwaneeRiver

Good. Leroy has done enough to earn a contract.
Guidolin wants Fer on 07:24 - May 13 with 4907 viewsSwan91

I think Fer has been great for us since joining. 1 year left on his contract so should be pretty cheap (QPR would want him of their wage bill) he makes some good passes but is also tall which is a good change to someone like leon britton.

I think it would be a good idea to buy him, we know he can work in the system and plays the ball well
Guidolin wants Fer on 07:26 - May 13 with 4900 viewsshandyjack

His quote on his favourite systems is interesting, no mention of 3 at the back

Poll: Expectation for the season

Guidolin wants Fer on 07:35 - May 13 with 4864 viewsmarchamjack

oh well, managers don't get all decisions correct

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:00 - May 13 with 4781 viewsClinton

I like Fer, but hasn't he got a chronic knee injury? Sunderland and Everton both halted prospective deals, on medical grounds, a few years ago.
some of the skill he shows is breathtaking, though. He sometimes shows off with a flash of fancy footwork just for the hell of it. I hope there's room for an entertainer like this in the modern game. To be entertained, it's what I go to the Liberty for. Let's have him on loan for another season.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:52 - May 13 with 4638 viewsPegojack

Can't make my mind up about this one. He's been OK to good in half the games I've seen and anonymous in the other half. I fear he will disappear into the background once he's got himself a permanent contract, and turn into a Marvin Emnes type of figure. I hope not, I guess we have to trust the Don's judgement.
Guidolin wants Fer on 08:56 - May 13 with 4624 viewsAl_Bundy

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:52 - May 13 by Pegojack

Can't make my mind up about this one. He's been OK to good in half the games I've seen and anonymous in the other half. I fear he will disappear into the background once he's got himself a permanent contract, and turn into a Marvin Emnes type of figure. I hope not, I guess we have to trust the Don's judgement.

I tend to agree with this. With his decent performances he has equally gone missing a bit to often for my liking. If FG can sort out that weakness he will be a good addition.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:03 - May 13 with 4606 viewsjasper_T

We've got enough squad players. Don't need one that usually only makes an effort till the contract is signed.

Depends who else has their eye on the door though, I suppose. He has put in some effort and seems a nice lad.
Guidolin wants Fer on 09:06 - May 13 with 4600 viewsOxOsp

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:52 - May 13 by Pegojack

We can't afford to have another Marvin. After all, there's not enough room for two LEGENDS in the squad....
Guidolin wants Fer on 09:23 - May 13 with 4566 viewsZut_Alors

Think midfield also needs a bit of a shakeup.

We currently have Cork, Leon and Ki as our signed options, with Grimes and Fulton as those making step up from development squad. Anyone else feel that even if we sign Fer, we'd still need another midfielder to freshen things up? I would consider ditching Ki if needs be. Even though he's had some great games for us, Ki is neither creative enough to hold down the box to box role, or good enough defensively for the DM.

I saw his name mentioned in another thread, but Idrissa Gueye from Villa has impressed, despite playing for a terrible side. Either that or push and sign Joe Allen again.
Guidolin wants Fer on 09:27 - May 13 with 4541 viewsSwaneeRiver

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:23 - May 13 by Zut_Alors

Think midfield also needs a bit of a shakeup.

We currently have Cork, Leon and Ki as our signed options, with Grimes and Fulton as those making step up from development squad. Anyone else feel that even if we sign Fer, we'd still need another midfielder to freshen things up? I would consider ditching Ki if needs be. Even though he's had some great games for us, Ki is neither creative enough to hold down the box to box role, or good enough defensively for the DM.

I saw his name mentioned in another thread, but Idrissa Gueye from Villa has impressed, despite playing for a terrible side. Either that or push and sign Joe Allen again.

I think Leon's days are probably numbered. At best a bit part for us next season IMO.
Likewise Ki doesn't have what it takes to perform consistently for us.
I think Joe Allen if we could get him would be an excellent replacement, with Fer.
Guidolin wants Fer on 09:27 - May 13 with 4538 viewsDrizzy

No thank you. Mediocre player who offers very little. If we're going to sign a CM then it should be a starting quality player such as Allen or de Guzman.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:32 - May 13 with 4524 viewsjasper_T

Swansea fans have desperately short memories.

Ki is twice the player Gueye is when he's on form.
Guidolin wants Fer on 09:35 - May 13 with 4510 viewsSwaneeRiver

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:27 - May 13 by Drizzy

No thank you. Mediocre player who offers very little. If we're going to sign a CM then it should be a starting quality player such as Allen or de Guzman.

Fer will be a good squad player if signed on loan or at a reasonable price.
The likes of Joe Allen are more serious signings financially IMO
Both are needed to bolster us next season, especially if Leon figures less and Ki leaves.
Guidolin wants Fer on 09:48 - May 13 with 4473 viewsPegojack

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:27 - May 13 by SwaneeRiver

I think Leon's days are probably numbered. At best a bit part for us next season IMO.
Likewise Ki doesn't have what it takes to perform consistently for us.
I think Joe Allen if we could get him would be an excellent replacement, with Fer.

I agree that Leon is coming to the end of the road as a player, but can't agree about Ki.

When he's on song, he is sheer class, as seen at West Ham last Saturday. I feel the Don can get the best out of him. We need to cut him some slack, I'm sure his long haul flights across the globe aren't doing him any favours. I also think back to the away game at WBA where he got a really nasty kick in the head and was badly concussed. I think he's taken a while to recover fully from that. Incidentally, before he got the kick in the noggin, he was again the best player on the field.
[Post edited 13 May 2016 9:55]
Guidolin wants Fer on 10:14 - May 13 with 4404 viewsUxbridge

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:48 - May 13 by Pegojack

I agree that Leon is coming to the end of the road as a player, but can't agree about Ki.

When he's on song, he is sheer class, as seen at West Ham last Saturday. I feel the Don can get the best out of him. We need to cut him some slack, I'm sure his long haul flights across the globe aren't doing him any favours. I also think back to the away game at WBA where he got a really nasty kick in the head and was badly concussed. I think he's taken a while to recover fully from that. Incidentally, before he got the kick in the noggin, he was again the best player on the field.
[Post edited 13 May 2016 9:55]

Ki in a more attacking role is possibly where he's best suited.

However it's difficult to forget the games before Christmas where him and Shelvey were regularly run rings around by various midfielders. Still have a mental image of Kante running through both of them like they weren't there, which they pretty much weren't.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Guidolin wants Fer on 10:18 - May 13 with 4387 viewsicecoldjack

I think fer staying will mean ki moving on, can't see those two being here especially if we are to try and re sign Joe Allen .

Leon will have limited game time but can still play a part, ki is on a hefty wage and has gone a bit stale so a move elsewhere may be on the cards, it's not like we've taken commercial advantage of his huge status in Korea anyway.

Leroy or ki, I think having both will be a waste of our budget.
Guidolin wants Fer on 11:45 - May 13 with 4264 viewsharryhpalmer

I think Ki has been suffering from burn out.

too many games with little time off before this season. Add in his travel. Kick to the head. New baby.

Being taken out of the firing line for a few weeks has hopefully recharged him, because he was magnificent at West Ham.

Back to the Player of the Season we had in 2014/5, lest we forget.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Guidolin wants Fer on 12:41 - May 13 with 4154 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Fer has fitted in nicely. Would be a real asset

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Guidolin wants Fer on 14:50 - May 13 with 3989 viewskarnataka

Guidolin wants Fer on 12:41 - May 13 by NeiltheTaylor

Fer has fitted in nicely. Would be a real asset

Yeah, I'd be quite happy for him to stay too. Seems versatile which is handy and gives us a bit more steel in midfield where we've lacked it for quite a while, possibly since Ferrie. If a deal that suits us can be agreed with QPR, I'd say yes.
Guidolin wants Fer on 18:42 - May 13 with 3780 viewsJango

The games where people say fer goes missing were the games where played the diamond. Cork also went missing during those games along with a few others. I think he's a great player when used right and also offers very good cover for siggy also meaning we wouldn't need to find someone for that role .
Guidolin wants Fer on 21:36 - May 13 with 3640 viewssP7qupUf

Guidolin wants Fer on 09:27 - May 13 by Drizzy

Yes, bring back the "old guard"!! Would you have said that if they had never played at the Liberty? Narrow minded.
Guidolin wants Fer on 21:46 - May 13 with 3615 viewsdameedna

Versatility
Entertainment
2 words
Qualities I feel we need
Fer and Ki are both our most versatile players
Capable of running and dominating a game
It's been 5 seasons now and with z new manager we will be able to attract the very best talent but we probably can't afford it yet
I think Fer fits our model well and if Guidolin like him then he us going to be a happy man
Id like to have Fer around I think he fits in well
Fer Ki and Cork is a combination we have not seen much of and maybe we will see gem against City with Ayew up front
Guidolin wants Fer on 11:32 - May 14 with 3435 viewsDafyddHuw

Why are we so content to be getting journeymen, when the teams around us won't be?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024