Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? 08:11 - May 13 with 3610 viewsBournedore

£15m from exiting players and another £15m kitty? Or more? Not sure what the new sky deal actually gives us in terms of cash for players...?
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:15 - May 13 with 3599 viewsSwan91

I would say £15million plus whatever money we make from any sales.
if we sold Ayew for £15million then i can see us having about £20-£25million altogether
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:24 - May 13 with 3571 viewsSwansNZ

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:15 - May 13 by Swan91

I would say £15million plus whatever money we make from any sales.
if we sold Ayew for £15million then i can see us having about £20-£25million altogether

wouldn't that be 30+ million?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:38 - May 13 with 3515 viewspencoedjack

I would say no one on this forum really has any idea

My guess is somewhere between 5 & 200 million
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:44 - May 13 with 3501 viewsSwansNZ

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:38 - May 13 by pencoedjack

I would say no one on this forum really has any idea

My guess is somewhere between 5 & 200 million

Yeah, with the US "investment", 200 million is likely.

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 09:16 - May 13 with 3453 viewsjasper_T

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:24 - May 13 by SwansNZ

wouldn't that be 30+ million?

We still owe Ayew a big chunk of his signing on fee.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 09:41 - May 13 with 3414 viewsSwansNZ

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 09:16 - May 13 by jasper_T

Unless he wants to move, I assume.

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 09:43 - May 13 with 3405 viewsEasternJack

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 09:16 - May 13 by jasper_T

So that's what he keeps pointing out every week.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 10:43 - May 13 with 3317 viewsjasper_T

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 09:41 - May 13 by SwansNZ

Unless he wants to move, I assume.

No, we pay it no matter what. "Loyalty" payments aren't really a thing any more.
Login to get fewer ads

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 10:48 - May 13 with 3301 viewsicecoldjack

Maybe get £6m for Eder and perhaps £10m for ki ?

Keep ayew let gomis go on a free transfer and we should have enough to bring in bony and Joe Allen , plus a bit to get a full back ?

Impossible to tell really .
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 10:50 - May 13 with 3296 viewsdougie

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 08:44 - May 13 by SwansNZ

Yeah, with the US "investment", 200 million is likely.

Looks like it will be more like 5 mill then
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 11:06 - May 13 with 3258 viewsJJJack

I think we'll spend a lot more than people think. e.g. Bony +Fer +Allen (if they all sign) would be c. £30m
I'd then expect us to buy at least 2 more players.
Then again I can see Gomis, Ayew, Eder plus others going so should recoup c.£15-20m
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 11:08 - May 13 with 3251 viewsAnotherJohn

According to the media Big Sam at Sunderland is asking for a £50M war chest. Of course, asking and getting are two different things, but I fear that a lot of teams will be spending big to try to keep hold of the new TV money. I'm not sure how long we'll get by on our usual levels of spending. It really depends on smart purchasing I suppose, and this is where I hoped that Guido's knowledge of the Italian market would help (names not general specs re 'type of player').
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 11:20 - May 13 with 3225 viewsairedale

As time goes on, I'm thinking more and more that the trick in this transfer business, is in the selling bit.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 11:42 - May 13 with 3182 viewswaynekerr55

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 10:43 - May 13 by jasper_T

No, we pay it no matter what. "Loyalty" payments aren't really a thing any more.

Depends on the contract clauses.

He may, as you say get the signing on fee whatever but he could lose a whole load of other bonuses.

'Devil', 'detail' and 'in the' spring to mind.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 11:58 - May 13 with 3156 viewsDracan66

Give the big "E" to Taylor, Gomis, Barkley and Emnes and send Rangel and Britton to the museum....job's a good un' !
Me thinks 25-30 million will be spent on players.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 12:33 - May 13 with 3092 viewsBorojack

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 11:58 - May 13 by Dracan66

Give the big "E" to Taylor, Gomis, Barkley and Emnes and send Rangel and Britton to the museum....job's a good un' !
Me thinks 25-30 million will be spent on players.

I am looking forward to reading posts where fans are getting exited about foreign players they have never heard of like Tabanou and Eder.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 12:45 - May 13 with 3057 viewsTheKirkyLife

Right, time to do some experimental maths here.

Likely Outs: Gomis £3-£6 million, Eder £3-£6 million, Emnes £1-£2 million

Total = £7 million to £14 million

Possible Outs: Ayew £15-£20 million, Ki £8-£12 million

Maximum Out Total = £30 million to £46 million

Then we of course have possible American investment and however much we end up getting towards players from the Sky Deal.

Those figures to me suggest that if we want to be seriously looking at improve the first team with players ala Bony so on then Ayew or Ki will simply have to make way.

Now the question is what could we get away with if we don't sell money bag players?

Fer supposedly coming in will not cost much, surely. QPR are a mid-table championship side and will probably sell for £2 to £4 million. Well within budget for the worst case scenario. Bony will surely be £15 to £20 million, same could go for Benteke or any decent striker. Not sure about the LB or RB scene at all but I feel a new RB is pretty necessary at this point. Let's just say we need to be spending at least £8 million worth on a RB.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 12:53 - May 13 with 3034 viewsdobjack2

£10 million or so plus anything for sales. Not expecting too much.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:05 - May 13 with 3004 viewsmonmouth

I think anyone expending big spend will be disappointed. I'd be surprised ifwe snd more than 20m total even with departures (most of anything we get for Gomis or Ayew will go to paying up their signing on fees etc if they don't put in a written transfer request - and they won't). We also have a net short term deficit ontransfer income/outflow to deal with don't we? There will be no funds made (magically) available by a new 60% shareholder unless it's through interest bearing loans or equity dilution or unless the 'free' funds were matched by the other 40% or the assets ringfenced - which is not the model we need is it?

All in all everything, including the managerial appointment and accompanying comments, point to a frugal summer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:16 - May 13 with 2983 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

hanging on to Siggy will make a very good summer

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:31 - May 13 with 2952 viewslondonlisa2001

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:05 - May 13 by monmouth

I think anyone expending big spend will be disappointed. I'd be surprised ifwe snd more than 20m total even with departures (most of anything we get for Gomis or Ayew will go to paying up their signing on fees etc if they don't put in a written transfer request - and they won't). We also have a net short term deficit ontransfer income/outflow to deal with don't we? There will be no funds made (magically) available by a new 60% shareholder unless it's through interest bearing loans or equity dilution or unless the 'free' funds were matched by the other 40% or the assets ringfenced - which is not the model we need is it?

All in all everything, including the managerial appointment and accompanying comments, point to a frugal summer.

I think we'll spend more than you think.

Gomis' signing fee will have had another year paid off and as we saw before, the deal appeared to be fee to us plus the rest to him (this came up when the talk about him leaving before happened and the club pulled out because the deal was different to what they had expected).

Ayew's is possibly structured the same, but even if not, we will only owe him say 2/3rds of the fee agreed, so even if it was substantial there's only be £4m or £5m left and we'd get at least £15m for him I would think? The deficit on transfers was cash not profit wasn't it, and there'll be another chunk of Bony money due.

Unless the whole thing is off which is possible, then the takeover will happen and any new owners will want to make a bit of an impact.

I expect us to sign 4 or 5 players (get rid of the same) but that doesn't include any 'first teamers' who could leave.

I personally hope though that we look for real quality to improve the team not just squad members. I'd like to think that next season it's Britton, Rangel etc who are the squad members.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:35 - May 13 with 2938 viewsmonmouth

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:31 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

I think we'll spend more than you think.

Gomis' signing fee will have had another year paid off and as we saw before, the deal appeared to be fee to us plus the rest to him (this came up when the talk about him leaving before happened and the club pulled out because the deal was different to what they had expected).

Ayew's is possibly structured the same, but even if not, we will only owe him say 2/3rds of the fee agreed, so even if it was substantial there's only be £4m or £5m left and we'd get at least £15m for him I would think? The deficit on transfers was cash not profit wasn't it, and there'll be another chunk of Bony money due.

Unless the whole thing is off which is possible, then the takeover will happen and any new owners will want to make a bit of an impact.

I expect us to sign 4 or 5 players (get rid of the same) but that doesn't include any 'first teamers' who could leave.

I personally hope though that we look for real quality to improve the team not just squad members. I'd like to think that next season it's Britton, Rangel etc who are the squad members.

I hope you're right!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:42 - May 13 with 2919 viewslondonlisa2001

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:35 - May 13 by monmouth

I hope you're right!

I probably won't be :-)

I expect though to see Gomis and Eder go - new striker brought in.

Ki to go and possibly Grimes - Allen in.

Emnes to go, Dyer to go - wide player brought in.

Taylor to go - full back in.

Bartley to go - centre back in.

In that scenario we keep Ayew. If he goes then another forward / attacking midfielder brought in.

I think we may bring in another midfielder anyway though (possibly just make Fer permanent).

Of the 'ins' I'm not sure if one of our young players make take that vacancy - I'm assuming Kingsley does anyway but possibly Gorre becomes the extra wide man?
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:48 - May 13 with 2904 viewsjasper_T

I don't think Gorre's going to be good enough for this level. Too good for the 21s but you see Barrow playing in that team and the difference is much bigger still.
How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:56 - May 13 with 2884 viewslondonlisa2001

How much cash will we have to spend on players this summer? on 13:48 - May 13 by jasper_T

I don't think Gorre's going to be good enough for this level. Too good for the 21s but you see Barrow playing in that team and the difference is much bigger still.

Fair enough - haven't ever seen him in the flesh only on the segments on the official site. Only mentioned him as some others have said he's good.

I forgot about Tabanou by the way - him out as well as Taylor unless our new coaching team can do something with him.

I believe we keep Naughton as a more flexible option (and faster).

Speed is what we will build on I think. One question I do have is whether Bony (who I loved) fits that? Don't know at the money he would take.

Edited to add - in my analysis I am not suggesting that Ki is crap or anything like that by the way - I just think he'll want to go and we can raise money for him.
[Post edited 13 May 2016 13:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024