Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eight members of the Development squad released 16:34 - May 20 with 5009 viewswestisbest

The club confirmed the release of eight members of the Development squad in James Demetriou, Kyle Copp, Alex Gogic, Raheem Hanley, Henry Jones, Gareth Owen, Dan Alfei and Lee Lucas.

There's some decent players there .

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-starlets-sign-professional-deals-3
Eight members of the Development squad released on 16:37 - May 20 with 4990 viewsDr_Winston

Shame Alfei never really kicked on. Copp's not really lived up to the expectations many had of him either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Eight members of the Development squad released on 16:38 - May 20 with 4980 viewsDarran

I thought some of those were going to be superstars?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Eight members of the Development squad released on 16:40 - May 20 with 4964 viewslondonlisa2001

I was reading that earlier and was going to mention it.

I was quite surprised by some of the names - I'd always thought Copp and Henry Jones were supposed to be potential stars of the future and also a bit sad to see that Alfei and Lucas obviously can't have kicked on as was expected (since both of them were fringes of the 1st team squad a couple of seasons ago).

I guess that things have changed - if they are good enough for most clubs but not good enough for the premier league there's little point in us keeping them on to clog up the conveyor belt of the ones coming up behind them. Ruthless world at this level.

Edited to add - sorry didn't see the posts from Dr W and Darran before posting so a bit of repetition.
[Post edited 20 May 2016 16:42]
Eight members of the Development squad released on 17:14 - May 20 with 4811 viewsGaryFiskinsSock

Alfei had a couple of games in the first team 6 years ago. He has been nowhere near it since. He should have gone years ago.
Eight members of the Development squad released on 17:18 - May 20 with 4781 viewsKilkennyjack

Eight members of the Development squad released on 17:14 - May 20 by GaryFiskinsSock

Alfei had a couple of games in the first team 6 years ago. He has been nowhere near it since. He should have gone years ago.

4 year contract off Tony Pennock ....

Beware of the Risen People

Eight members of the Development squad released on 17:32 - May 20 with 4711 viewsjasper_T

Lucas only got to stay so long because of his constant injuries. The years of sympathy finally ran out.
N/A. on 17:34 - May 20 with 4697 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:09]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Eight members of the Development squad released on 17:46 - May 20 with 4637 viewsbonymine

Eight members of the Development squad released on 16:40 - May 20 by londonlisa2001

I was reading that earlier and was going to mention it.

I was quite surprised by some of the names - I'd always thought Copp and Henry Jones were supposed to be potential stars of the future and also a bit sad to see that Alfei and Lucas obviously can't have kicked on as was expected (since both of them were fringes of the 1st team squad a couple of seasons ago).

I guess that things have changed - if they are good enough for most clubs but not good enough for the premier league there's little point in us keeping them on to clog up the conveyor belt of the ones coming up behind them. Ruthless world at this level.

Edited to add - sorry didn't see the posts from Dr W and Darran before posting so a bit of repetition.
[Post edited 20 May 2016 16:42]

I first saw Kyle playing at 8 years old and he looked a natural talent, oozing confidence even then.Confidence is one thing Kyle certainly never lacked throughout his development !!

His development continued over the following years and I always remember when Brendan took over he had heard all the 'buzz' within the Academy (CoE as it was then) about Kyle Copp and he spent more time with the first team then with scouts from other clubs circling and even warmed up on the pitch with the team against QPR in the Championship. Never forget him nonchalantly striking 50 yard balls from halfway back to Dorus !!

A shame that he hasn't kicked on after that early promise but he is a level headed boy with a wonderful Mum and family supporting him and I sincerely hope that Kyle and the other lads get fixed up with another club in the near future.

All the Best Lads, thanks for the entertainment over the years.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

Eight members of the Development squad released on 19:00 - May 20 with 4469 viewsOldjack

On the flip side http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-starlets-sign-professional-deals-3

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Eight members of the Development squad released on 08:19 - May 21 with 4055 viewsWhiterockin

Eight members of the Development squad released on 19:00 - May 20 by Oldjack

On the flip side http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-starlets-sign-professional-deals-3

At least one of the three who have signed contracts should clean up.
Eight members of the Development squad released on 09:16 - May 21 with 3961 viewsStarsky

Eight members of the Development squad released on 17:46 - May 20 by bonymine

I first saw Kyle playing at 8 years old and he looked a natural talent, oozing confidence even then.Confidence is one thing Kyle certainly never lacked throughout his development !!

His development continued over the following years and I always remember when Brendan took over he had heard all the 'buzz' within the Academy (CoE as it was then) about Kyle Copp and he spent more time with the first team then with scouts from other clubs circling and even warmed up on the pitch with the team against QPR in the Championship. Never forget him nonchalantly striking 50 yard balls from halfway back to Dorus !!

A shame that he hasn't kicked on after that early promise but he is a level headed boy with a wonderful Mum and family supporting him and I sincerely hope that Kyle and the other lads get fixed up with another club in the near future.

All the Best Lads, thanks for the entertainment over the years.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Well written there B.

In your opinion, what level could Kyle kick start his development?

Championship, 3rd, 4th tier or lower?

It's just the internet, init.

Eight members of the Development squad released on 09:24 - May 21 with 3940 viewsLoyal

Eight members of the Development squad released on 16:38 - May 20 by Darran

I thought some of those were going to be superstars?

Hanley surprises me, we invested a lot in him Darran.
I would expect to hear more of him in the future, Alfei too, albeit at a lower level, like Cardiff or something.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Eight members of the Development squad released on 09:45 - May 21 with 3892 viewsblueytheblue

Eight members of the Development squad released on 09:24 - May 21 by Loyal

Hanley surprises me, we invested a lot in him Darran.
I would expect to hear more of him in the future, Alfei too, albeit at a lower level, like Cardiff or something.

For an Academy to produce one player consistently is a good record. Most young players who shine at a younger level either can't cope physically at pro level or worse tend to think they've made it as a pro if they get a first year contract and just stop learning.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Eight members of the Development squad released on 21:53 - May 21 with 3595 viewsKilkennyjack

Eight members of the Development squad released on 09:16 - May 21 by Starsky

Well written there B.

In your opinion, what level could Kyle kick start his development?

Championship, 3rd, 4th tier or lower?

Loveridge and March went to port talbot, Tancock to Merthyr...?

Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:00 - May 21 with 3578 viewsDr_Winston

Have to question the quality of opposition a lot of them are facing. Doesn't seem to be much point in us entering them into a cup competion that can be won seven or eight times in a row?

Is playing the TNS youth team really going to help them get ready for the Premier League?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:09 - May 21 with 3556 viewsjasper_T

Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:00 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Have to question the quality of opposition a lot of them are facing. Doesn't seem to be much point in us entering them into a cup competion that can be won seven or eight times in a row?

Is playing the TNS youth team really going to help them get ready for the Premier League?

It's a few games a year at an in-between age level. I don't see the harm in letting the best u18s and youngest u21s waltz around Wales letting everyone else know who's boss.

Category 1 fixtures make up the bulk of the season.
Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:14 - May 21 with 3550 viewswaynekerr55

The whole thing is sh*t to be honest doc. Can't beat competitive football.

Most of these had a certain agent hawking around them as youngsters... Question is what is being done for them now when they need help?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:19 - May 21 with 3536 viewsDarran

Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:14 - May 21 by waynekerr55

The whole thing is sh*t to be honest doc. Can't beat competitive football.

Most of these had a certain agent hawking around them as youngsters... Question is what is being done for them now when they need help?

What agent Wayne?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Eight members of the Development squad released on 23:08 - May 21 with 3447 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree. I could never understand why that Pennock used to say it was an important part if their season. Kidding ourselves ?

Eight members of the Development squad released on 00:01 - May 22 with 3383 viewsjasper_T

Eight members of the Development squad released on 23:08 - May 21 by Kilkennyjack

I agree. I could never understand why that Pennock used to say it was an important part if their season. Kidding ourselves ?

Or being polite to the other teams involved.
Eight members of the Development squad released on 06:26 - May 22 with 3249 viewswaynekerr55

Eight members of the Development squad released on 22:19 - May 21 by Darran

What agent Wayne?

The one that whores his clients about and generally chats sh*t every transfer window

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Eight members of the Development squad released on 07:37 - May 22 with 3204 viewsKilkennyjack

Eight members of the Development squad released on 00:01 - May 22 by jasper_T

Or being polite to the other teams involved.

Sorry Tony mate....yes, of course .....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024