Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 20:07 - May 22 with 12095 viewsLoyal

Talking to someone last weekend about this little foray.
Any of you old fecks there ?

http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/August84-1.htm
[Post edited 22 May 2016 22:38]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 20:34 - May 22 with 12021 viewsFieryJack

I never went to this game, but suspect that most Swans fans' abiding memory will be that there was fighting between the rival supporters, and that one fan - called, I think, Robbie Matthews - died about a week later, at home in Swansea, possibly as a result of being badly beaten up by Millwall fans. Grim.
Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 20:37 - May 22 with 12007 viewsAl_Bundy

Moved to South London in 1981 and traveled to most away matches during that period.

I was working in the Old Kent Road at the time and this fixture was a real time bomb.

I decided to go to this and go in the home end...the streets around the Old Den was patrolled by large mobs looking for it.

Got in the ground and was in the section behind the goal which was next to the away end. The Old Den was terraced and open three quarters where you could walk around the home end.

I remember about 10 minutes in there was a massive surge down the Millwall terrace at the other end of the ground. Around 100 Swansea attacked that terrace from the exit at the top and caught Millwall cold. Then there was massive surge up the terrace when the Swansea fans got split. Around 70 got chased after a brawl back out the exit but 30 got down to the front of the terrace after brawl and climbed the fence and got on the pitch. There was two i remembered , a ginger head lad with long hair and a skinhead with a union jack t-shirt on who climbed into the away end. The rest of the game was just missiles flying back and for and got pretty nasty after the match. I filtered away thinking bloody hell what was those 100 thinking.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 20:38]
Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 20:40 - May 22 with 11998 viewsmonmouth

I was on my way there from my house in Dulwich and had a bump in Peckham, and was a bit late anyway, so after sorting it out never got there - thank f**k. Actually went back home and the GF at the time decided to do something nice to cheer me up. Sometimes I pretend I was at the game to commiserate with those that were, whilst reminiscing about what I was really doing. God sides with the angels...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 22:10 - May 22 with 11850 viewsowainglyndwr

Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 20:37 - May 22 by Al_Bundy

Moved to South London in 1981 and traveled to most away matches during that period.

I was working in the Old Kent Road at the time and this fixture was a real time bomb.

I decided to go to this and go in the home end...the streets around the Old Den was patrolled by large mobs looking for it.

Got in the ground and was in the section behind the goal which was next to the away end. The Old Den was terraced and open three quarters where you could walk around the home end.

I remember about 10 minutes in there was a massive surge down the Millwall terrace at the other end of the ground. Around 100 Swansea attacked that terrace from the exit at the top and caught Millwall cold. Then there was massive surge up the terrace when the Swansea fans got split. Around 70 got chased after a brawl back out the exit but 30 got down to the front of the terrace after brawl and climbed the fence and got on the pitch. There was two i remembered , a ginger head lad with long hair and a skinhead with a union jack t-shirt on who climbed into the away end. The rest of the game was just missiles flying back and for and got pretty nasty after the match. I filtered away thinking bloody hell what was those 100 thinking.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 20:38]

The Ginger boy was cochin from Clydach
Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 22:37 - May 22 with 11816 viewsLoyal

Now this one against them I do remember.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/1166601.stm
They came in decent numbers and my word did they get what they came for.

Looking back now it makes you wonder .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 22:42 - May 22 with 11803 viewsLoyal

So, who on here is in this footage Millwall v Swansea 2007.
Fcking huge jacks turn out that day.

Seems we have a rivalry many didn't know about.

And yes. I am there !

[Post edited 22 May 2016 22:42]

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 23:32 - May 22 with 11713 viewsmorningstar

I was there in 84. Have told my tales about it, mad day, long time ago and not in my opinion to be discussed on this site. Just saying like.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 23:37 - May 22 with 11695 viewsKilkennyjack

Bad old days. Glad they are no more.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 23:52 - May 22 with 11677 viewsLoyal

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 23:37 - May 22 by Kilkennyjack

Bad old days. Glad they are no more.

Palace away at xmas ....

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 00:36 - May 23 with 11634 viewsdailew

I was there. Remember hearing "jack army" from the top of the cold blow lane end and thinking wtf. Thousands seemed to converge on that area (there were no barriers seperating 3/4 of the ground).

A group of swansea fans were chased down to the bottom and somehow scrambled over the fence.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 07:03 - May 23 with 11537 viewsdobjack2

Yep. 2 pop and crisps buses and the queens bus turned up on their end. Remember stacko walking around on his own after the main trouble had died down. Opening day of the season.

After game police told us to get under the roof of the away end- barrage of bricks and bottles was thrown from outside a few minutes later.

fecking mental. Too much went on to write about.

They were out of control that season. Smashed up Bristol city coaches - we saw them in Heston services coming back from Cambridge, smashed up Bristol pub in the away game and a few people had heard a rumour that they were coming to the vetch. As it happened the Luton FA cup riot happened before they were due here so there were more police with cameras than away fans that game.
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 06:52 - May 24 with 11187 viewsangryjack

my cousin was playing for millwall that day swansea boy steve lovell.now first team coach at gillingham
[Post edited 24 May 2016 6:56]
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 22:51 - Feb 8 with 7842 viewsjackharris

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 22:42 - May 22 by Loyal

So, who on here is in this footage Millwall v Swansea 2007.
Fcking huge jacks turn out that day.

Seems we have a rivalry many didn't know about.

And yes. I am there !

[Post edited 22 May 2016 22:42]

I was there at the back...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 22:59 - Feb 8 with 7795 viewsGaryjack

Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 20:34 - May 22 by FieryJack

I never went to this game, but suspect that most Swans fans' abiding memory will be that there was fighting between the rival supporters, and that one fan - called, I think, Robbie Matthews - died about a week later, at home in Swansea, possibly as a result of being badly beaten up by Millwall fans. Grim.

Jesus wept! Not true!

Edit: Just realised how old is this thread?

I will say though, that up until last Saturday Millwall had sold just over 400 tickets. They are now bringing 1200. Bristol City last week? They've sold almost 800 since then, which tells us the type of fans who are travelling tomorrow.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 23:14]
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 23:09 - Feb 8 with 7761 viewsWingstandwood

Those were truly the dark days. ITV got in on the act courtesy of numerous press headlines of the era and made this documentary shortly after Millwall ran riot at Luton. 0:52s in gets a bit surreal with the Cockney Rejects bassist Vince o' Riordan making an appearance "It's a way of life innit".

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c9_1271450493

Argus!

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 23:27 - Feb 8 with 7710 viewssainthelens

Listen guys, this one is coming in under the radar tmrw. They arnt coming for a quiet pint believe me. No BS but I've picked up on plenty last few days. Have your wits about you it's gonna be lively!!.
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 00:57 - Feb 9 with 7585 viewsWarwickHunt

Watched in disbelief from the other end. Mental. Spread all along the length of the ground until they reached the relative safety of the away end. “At least we had a go like” was overheard.

Whenever I talk to older Millwall fans and tell them I’m Swansea, they always bring it up. “The only mob to take fakkin’ liberties at The Den” is usually the jist of the conversation.
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 10:19 - Feb 9 with 7345 viewsdickythorpe

Put your cocks away you dinosaurs!! FFS .
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 10:26 - Feb 9 with 7324 viewssainthelens

Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 10:19 - Feb 9 by dickythorpe

Put your cocks away you dinosaurs!! FFS .

Have a pint with em Dicky pal, lovely bunch .
Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 10:28 - Feb 9 with 7322 viewscostalotta

Let's reminise you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 20:34 - May 22 by FieryJack

I remember Robert Matthews. I’m sure it was quite a few weeks after that game. If my memory serves me well it was after the Fulham away game (lost 5 nil - Gordon Davies scoring a few). I say that becuase I’m pretty sure he was on the bus I was on. We got bricked windows and traveled back to Swansea in the freezing cold. But, it was a long time ago so may have things a bit wrong with games/dates etc.
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 09:31 - Dec 24 with 1105 viewsUptonzSCFC

way before my time but apparently it was infamous
Let's reminisce you oldies 2 - Millwall away 1984 on 14:44 - Dec 24 with 927 viewsTreforys_Jack

I remember Robbie from School, nice guy, so long ago now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024