Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five years ago today 15:47 - May 30 with 6669 viewsDr_Winston

What are your memories of the day?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Five years ago today on 15:57 - May 30 with 5072 viewsmonmouth

In order?

Excitement
Intense excitement
Delight
Delirium
Disbelief (good)
Calm reflection
Disappointment
Distress
Despair
Relief
Elation
Fever
Triumph
Drink

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Five years ago today on 16:00 - May 30 with 5063 viewsDr_Winston

Five years ago today on 15:57 - May 30 by monmouth

In order?

Excitement
Intense excitement
Delight
Delirium
Disbelief (good)
Calm reflection
Disappointment
Distress
Despair
Relief
Elation
Fever
Triumph
Drink

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Five years ago today on 16:23 - May 30 with 5012 viewsstevethejack

3 generations sat together, my dad, me and my 7 year old son Adam.

At full time, telling Adam with tears welling up to remember as much about 'today' as he could as days like this don't come around very often.
Five years ago today on 16:41 - May 30 with 4991 viewsFlashberryjack

Five years ago today on 16:23 - May 30 by stevethejack

3 generations sat together, my dad, me and my 7 year old son Adam.

At full time, telling Adam with tears welling up to remember as much about 'today' as he could as days like this don't come around very often.

Ditto.......what a fantastic day.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Five years ago today on 16:44 - May 30 with 4979 viewsairedale

Both their goals were from set-pieces, I'd forgotten that.
Five years ago today on 17:04 - May 30 with 4935 viewssomersetsimon

Five years ago today on 16:44 - May 30 by airedale

Both their goals were from set-pieces, I'd forgotten that.

I took my son for his second ever match - his first was the pre-season friendly at Haverfordwest.
After we went 3-0 up he said "we can't lose now can we?". A millisecond before Monk made that block I was thinking of having him adopted...
Five years ago today on 17:24 - May 30 with 4896 viewsEasternJack

If there's any doubt that our set piece defending has been pants for many years...

Anyway. Thanks for posting. Great memories.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Five years ago today on 17:25 - May 30 with 4895 viewsGriffting

Sitting in the Gods in Wembley at half time thinking 'is this real?'. Bizarre feeling as a Swans fan to be up 3 at half time in a play off final and I'm certain no one around where I was sat was under any illusions things were done and dusted. Possibly more worried!! Then their inevitable fight back was in full flow and it was tense. Corners our undoing (there's a shock) and those 2 blocks at 3-2 were unreal and I think I was possibly the only person in my area watching the pen for the 4th! Had so much confidence in Scotty to dispatch though, he was never going to miss it.

It was all fun from that moment on!!
Login to get fewer ads

Five years ago today on 17:33 - May 30 with 4868 viewsexiledclaseboy

The group hug of about nine or ten of us at the end that will live with me forever.

Poll: Tory leader

Five years ago today on 17:44 - May 30 with 4840 viewsJack_Meoff

Still feel sick nauseous when their second goes in and watching the ball hit the post followed by 'the block.' Could tell we were there after Scott's second penalty, Reading had nothing left to offer. Astonishing day. In fact the whole play off campaign, from Taylor's sending off to Pratley's goal in the semis to the final itself, amazing memories.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Five years ago today on 17:51 - May 30 with 4824 viewsDr_Winston

Five years ago today on 17:44 - May 30 by Jack_Meoff

Still feel sick nauseous when their second goes in and watching the ball hit the post followed by 'the block.' Could tell we were there after Scott's second penalty, Reading had nothing left to offer. Astonishing day. In fact the whole play off campaign, from Taylor's sending off to Pratley's goal in the semis to the final itself, amazing memories.

It was terrifying. Up until they hit the post (for which GM retains immortality) we were like a punch drunk boxer waiting to be knocked out.

Pratley came on eventually and the ship steadied a bit until Reading blew themselves out. We were firmly back on top in the game by the time the second penalty was awarded.

Five years ago today on 17:59 - May 30 with 4809 viewsCooperman

Kevin Johns pre match speech - that was a wow moment for me! I'm certain that it will have aided our intensity in the first half.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Five years ago today on 18:39 - May 30 with 4759 viewsOldjack

Orgasmic

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Five years ago today on 18:46 - May 30 with 4744 viewssherpajacob

the price of the fish and chips

singing the swansea city song.

generous applause from reading fans after the game.

taking hours to get out of the car park.

a mini party at the severn bridge toll booths.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Five years ago today on 03:31 - May 31 with 4475 viewsJethroJack

The ultimate "we wuz there" sporting experience.

Bursting with pride & feeling lucky to follow my local club since the mid 60's.

On the way out, I recall someone saying to some Reading fans...." Do us a favour boys & give Cardiff a good pasting in the Championship next season".

Prior to this historic day, Leon's goal against Forest in the semi was a particular highlight.
Five years ago today on 06:57 - May 31 with 4426 viewsMattG

Excitement and tension gradually building throughout the day.
Kev Johns's incredible speech which captured the moment perfectly.
The elation of three first half goals and that "we can't f**k this up now surely" feeling at half time.
The sinking feeling when their second went in that we genuinely could f**k it up.
The relief when Fabio won that second penalty and delight when Scotty converted.
The weird sight of our end still being chock full while the Reading end was totally empty.
The realisation that we had made it.

What a ridiculously wonderful day that was.
Five years ago today on 07:08 - May 31 with 4424 viewsDewi1jack

Stewarded a bus up that day with 2 of "Western Fails finest?" on board. Not a good start to the day and dreading having these pair of c**ts from Cardiff taking the p on the way home if we lost. Don't like journos to start with.
A full to the seams Wembley, we both turned up unlike 'Ull on the weekend.
Kev John's speech- would have followed him through the Gates of Hades after that.
Having a disco to Reading's "war song" and laughing my titsoff.
Dobb's goal going in at the 40th minute when we were having a minutes applause, thinking this is our day.
Worried about being 3 up at half time (The Swansea way!) then being terrified when they scored 2 thinking the curse of the Swansea way is hitting. Knowing if they got a third they'd nick it and then it was going to be a very long trip home.
Haven't watched a penalty taken since Rog used to take them down the Vetch and was hiding my face and my back turned when SS ran up.
Celebrated like crazy when Scottie scored though. Then watched the replay on the big screen!!
Felt like the return trip home was over in minutes, even though it took a couple of hours to get out of London.

It was definitely emotional.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Five years ago today on 08:32 - May 31 with 4372 viewswaynekerr55

Getting off at Wembley park, I said to a copper "I bet you're glad Cardiff didn't get here to play us " and he said "I'd have called in sick".😂😂😂😂

How their centre half wasn't sent off for fouling Nathan for the first pen

Seeing how slow their full backs were, given that Steven "Hale and no Pace" Dobbie glided past them

All the talk about their winger who Beaker had in his pocket

Dobbie's finish 😍😍😍😍😍

Followed by Dobbie missing a sitter which would have made it 4 - 1

Monk's block

Scottie's cool pens

Enjoying a lovely meal at the Regency club, surrounded by Reading fans

What a f*ckin day 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃😍😍😍😍
[Post edited 31 May 2016 8:34]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Five years ago today on 08:36 - May 31 with 4367 viewswaynekerr55

Five years ago today on 18:46 - May 30 by sherpajacob

the price of the fish and chips

singing the swansea city song.

generous applause from reading fans after the game.

taking hours to get out of the car park.

a mini party at the severn bridge toll booths.

I remember seeing a coach with someone who I knew from Penlan - it was literally bouncing and it looked like a mental party going on at the toll booth 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Five years ago today on 09:55 - May 31 with 4293 viewsNogginthenog

[Post edited 31 May 2016 9:57]
Five years ago today on 09:59 - May 31 with 4284 viewsperchrockjack

Wasn't able to get tickets for my family as two had/have scousersish accents .

Instead we watched it all I found on to.

We had boeuf bougignon for lunch washed down with laid down Margaux from 2004 and some nougat for dessert.

I hung my large Welsh flag out of the window and a neighbour called to ask if he could watch the game with us.

I thought we were going to throw it all away at one time and got a yellow card from the missus for foul and abusive language. My son gave me a hug. My daughter told me to sod off.

Toute soudaine it's all over and I collapse in a heap. I ring me ol fella and it's very emotional. Daughter again tells me to sod off you soft bugger.

I open a bottle of Bollinger and the rest is a bit of a blur.

For some reason , borini sticks in my head, as does Sinclair and his coolness.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Five years ago today on 10:18 - May 31 with 4271 viewsProfessor

Sat on Aberaeron beach eating crab and strawberries. No mobile signal. Avoided all tension. Was a a camping trial run before a month in France and no way out of it. Picked up signal again at 5:30 when it was all over. Did not sink in until we played Citeh and was listening on a weak signal in the Ardeche. Sometimes I still wonder if I fell into a hole of alternative reality on the Lleyn that I have swirled around for the last five years on lots of levels.
Five years ago today on 10:29 - May 31 with 4263 viewsdna

Sums up the feeling when we got the 2nd penalty
Five years ago today on 10:43 - May 31 with 4240 viewsSmellyplumz

Alan Tate just fukn Alan tate.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Five years ago today on 11:13 - May 31 with 4203 viewsshandyjack

great day , crock of gold before the game, 3 nil up halt time, Monk's toe, Lifitng the trophy. Great moments, didn't even know Kev johns had said a speech untill the next day when i came on here and someone mentioned it.

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024