Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job 15:00 - May 31 with 21051 viewsmacthejack

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/31st-may-2016/garry-monk-new-frontrunner-for-lee
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 15:05 - May 31 with 7372 viewsMurph75

Not the club for someone looking to rebuild his reputation.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 15:05 - May 31 with 7372 viewsmonmouth

Isn't that themost desperate toxic job in the whole of the football league? For all his faults, he should set his sights higher than that insane snakepit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 16:13 - May 31 with 7241 viewsjack247

I'd be surprised if he even gets this. He was a virtual unknown outside Swansea, got the chance at PL level and failed. It's not as if he is a massive name or an experienced manager who just had a bit of bad luck.

It's not as ridiculous as appointing John Carver, but it's not a million miles from it.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 16:43 - May 31 with 7163 viewsLoyal

I will give him 2 months if he gets it, or less if his Mrs decides to start slagging off Leeds like she did Swansea.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:07 - May 31 with 7007 viewsMillie

Good luck, get it right and career back on track, get it wrong people know it's a basket case, can't loose really
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:09 - May 31 with 6993 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:07 - May 31 by Millie

Good luck, get it right and career back on track, get it wrong people know it's a basket case, can't loose really

I honestly think he'd be far better off at a less high profile club.

Learn his trade properly and go from there. Good luck to him though.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:14 - May 31 with 6967 viewsFlashberryjack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 16:43 - May 31 by Loyal

I will give him 2 months if he gets it, or less if his Mrs decides to start slagging off Leeds like she did Swansea.

If he can secure the dream team of Beattie and KOL to help him I can see nothing but success.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:18 - May 31 with 6948 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 16:13 - May 31 by jack247

I'd be surprised if he even gets this. He was a virtual unknown outside Swansea, got the chance at PL level and failed. It's not as if he is a massive name or an experienced manager who just had a bit of bad luck.

It's not as ridiculous as appointing John Carver, but it's not a million miles from it.

Taking the club to an 8th place finish and doing the double over a lot of the bigger teams in the league certainly put him on the map.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:21 - May 31 with 6939 viewsmonmouth

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:14 - May 31 by Flashberryjack

If he can secure the dream team of Beattie and KOL to help him I can see nothing but success.

People keep forgetting Peppie the Organ Grinder to Monky's..um..monkey. Far more influential than those other two. They were just footnotes. Happenstance random floaters offered jobs a thousand times beyond their ability.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:32 - May 31 with 6903 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:18 - May 31 by Murph75

Taking the club to an 8th place finish and doing the double over a lot of the bigger teams in the league certainly put him on the map.

Temporarily
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:34 - May 31 with 6893 viewsDarran

F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:40 - May 31 with 6868 viewsJack_Kass

Good lord they'll eat him alive up there.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:58 - May 31 with 6804 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:32 - May 31 by jack247

Temporarily

He still did it though.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:06 - May 31 with 6774 viewsWingstandwood

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:40 - May 31 by Jack_Kass

Good lord they'll eat him alive up there.

Monk inherited a rather nice talented cache of 'family-silver' i.e. playing squad courtesy of previous mangers! He then went about his work to systematically destroy (albeit not overnight) a fantastic playing style/system in the process.

How the f#ck could that guy and his back-room team-of-managerial-impostors ever possibly rebuild a team to go upwards? Give him two years at LUFC and they'll end up with in an even worse state than the one he initially started his job with.

Argus!

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:06 - May 31 with 6771 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:58 - May 31 by Murph75

He still did it though.

Don't bother Murph it's pointless he's not Michael Laudrup so it didn't happen.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:08 - May 31 with 6763 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:06 - May 31 by Darran

Thanks Daz. I was kind of out after that reply.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:09 - May 31 with 6760 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:58 - May 31 by Murph75

He still did it though.

Yes. But it won't count for much when he destroyed us the following season.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:14 - May 31 with 6744 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:09 - May 31 by jack247

Yes. But it won't count for much when he destroyed us the following season.

Both occasions count.

The 8th place finish show's he has the potential to be a good manager. This season showed he still has a lot to learn.

Jose Mourinho would struggle at Leeds.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:15 - May 31 with 6737 viewsjack247

That's a weird one. He pretty much is Michael Laudrup in the way he enhanced his reputation with us in the first season and then trashed it straight after,

Laudrup was linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid after his first season, Monk with West Ham and England. Now Laudrup manages in the desert and Monk would be lucky to get any managerial job in the Championship.

Don't take reasonable criticism of Monk as Laudrup fandom, you couldn't be further from the truth.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:16 - May 31 with 6727 viewsLoyal

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:14 - May 31 by Flashberryjack

Part of the deal surely 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:17 - May 31 with 6724 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:15 - May 31 by jack247

That's a weird one. He pretty much is Michael Laudrup in the way he enhanced his reputation with us in the first season and then trashed it straight after,

Laudrup was linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid after his first season, Monk with West Ham and England. Now Laudrup manages in the desert and Monk would be lucky to get any managerial job in the Championship.

Don't take reasonable criticism of Monk as Laudrup fandom, you couldn't be further from the truth.

I've no idea what that last sentence means?!
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:20 - May 31 with 6714 viewsLoyal

Michael Laudrup a.ongside Toshack the most successful manager we have ever had, and for silverware and Europe he ranks the best for me.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:22 - May 31 with 6708 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:14 - May 31 by Murph75

Both occasions count.

The 8th place finish show's he has the potential to be a good manager. This season showed he still has a lot to learn.

Jose Mourinho would struggle at Leeds.

Yes, if you look at it from afar.

When you look at it properly, as any Swans fan should be able to, and you would expect anyone (even from Leeds) appointing a manager to do - it's fairly apparent that when he carried on playing the way we had for the best part of a decade with players that were already in place, he was very successful. When he brought his own players in and got them playing the way he wanted, he failed.

As far as I'm aware, Leeds don't have the kind of foundation for him to go in and keep doing what already works.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:23 - May 31 with 6702 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:22 - May 31 by jack247

Yes, if you look at it from afar.

When you look at it properly, as any Swans fan should be able to, and you would expect anyone (even from Leeds) appointing a manager to do - it's fairly apparent that when he carried on playing the way we had for the best part of a decade with players that were already in place, he was very successful. When he brought his own players in and got them playing the way he wanted, he failed.

As far as I'm aware, Leeds don't have the kind of foundation for him to go in and keep doing what already works.

Did he bring the players in then?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:24 - May 31 with 6704 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 16:13 - May 31 by jack247

Failed? Initial success, followed by failure, surely? Just like the vast majority of other managers who do well initially till it goes wrong and they get sacked. Mourinho, for example. You can't just dismiss the initial success on the basis of what happened later, which rightly got him the sack.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024