Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 23 man squad 15:06 - May 31 with 3752 viewsJack_y_Jwc

No Emyr Huws, surprising, no Matthews either which makes us light at the back. Cotterill & George Williams get in ahead of them.

Wales 23 man squad on 15:08 - May 31 with 2696 viewsJBT95

Surprised at Huws not going, he was out for a long time in the later part of the season so maybe it is to do with that. Thought Coleman would have taken more than 7 defenders but glad he hasn't in a way, more than enough there as a few can play a number of positions.

G.Williams is exciting so am glad he got in, Cotterill bit of a surprise but a good set piece taker.
Wales 23 man squad on 15:09 - May 31 with 2688 viewsGB11

Dave Cotterill will be used for one thing.

If we are losing he'll come on and cross the ball continually.
Wales 23 man squad on 15:11 - May 31 with 2676 viewsshandyjack

looking at that then it's got to be

Hennessey

Chester Collins William

Gunter Davies

King Allen

Ramsey

Bales Vokes/HRK

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wales 23 man squad on 15:16 - May 31 with 2655 viewsraynor94

Only taking seven defenders when you play a back five is a bit of a risk, disappointed for Huw's, would have taken him instead of Johnny Williams

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales 23 man squad on 15:36 - May 31 with 2607 viewsChief

I'm struggling to see where Edwards and G Williams fit in. For me Huws would be far more useful

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales 23 man squad on 15:45 - May 31 with 2580 viewsyescomeon

Got to say the biggest surprise for me is Ledley being in the squad with a broken leg.

Upthecity!

Wales 23 man squad on 15:53 - May 31 with 2559 viewscrix

Wales 23 man squad on 15:45 - May 31 by yescomeon

Got to say the biggest surprise for me is Ledley being in the squad with a broken leg.

listening to chris coleman it seems ledley is looking good to start against Slovakia
Wales 23 man squad on 15:55 - May 31 with 2551 viewsyescomeon

Wales 23 man squad on 15:53 - May 31 by crix

listening to chris coleman it seems ledley is looking good to start against Slovakia

Good news if he can get himself fit.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Wales 23 man squad on 16:10 - May 31 with 2502 viewsjack247

Wales 23 man squad on 15:45 - May 31 by yescomeon

And me. Can see why Coleman would want to take him, but not knowing when he will be fit is a bit of an issue
Wales 23 man squad on 16:18 - May 31 with 2478 viewsmagicdaps10

Think the squad is what i expected.

I am not worried with only 7 defenders when you play with wing backs, you have options of the midfielders covering as wing backs.
Would like too see

HENNESSY

CHESTER-COLLINS-WILLIAMS

GUNTER-LEDLEY-ALLEN-DAVIES

RAMSEY-BALE

VOKES

He will probably start with Robson-Kanu up top unfortunately.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Wales 23 man squad on 16:19 - May 31 with 2474 viewsskippyjack

Surprised that Huws and Lawrence are not going.. Instead of George and Jonathan Williams.. GW and JW have hardly played.. GW struggled to get into League One's Gillingham.. and JW struggled to get into a relegated MK Dons.. Huws has a goal in him, and a superior passing range that suits Gareth Bale down to a tee..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wales 23 man squad on 16:27 - May 31 with 2455 viewsblueytheblue

Wales 23 man squad on 16:19 - May 31 by skippyjack

Surprised that Huws and Lawrence are not going.. Instead of George and Jonathan Williams.. GW and JW have hardly played.. GW struggled to get into League One's Gillingham.. and JW struggled to get into a relegated MK Dons.. Huws has a goal in him, and a superior passing range that suits Gareth Bale down to a tee..

Huws was injured for quite a while wasn't he?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wales 23 man squad on 16:38 - May 31 with 2425 viewsskippyjack

Wales 23 man squad on 16:27 - May 31 by blueytheblue

Huws was injured for quite a while wasn't he?

He was out for a month.. and played in Huddersfields last few games

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wales 23 man squad on 16:39 - May 31 with 2412 viewsJackfath

Good luck Wales!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales 23 man squad on 16:42 - May 31 with 2406 viewsblueytheblue

Wales 23 man squad on 16:38 - May 31 by skippyjack

He was out for a month.. and played in Huddersfields last few games

I'd have taken him. Wouldn't mind seeing him with us.

Seems to definitely have the quality, but something is holding him back - that's why he's with Wigan, loaned to Huddersfield.

Wales 23 man squad on 16:58 - May 31 with 2377 viewsshandyjack

Manager Chris Coleman, who recently signed a new deal after leading Wales to a first major tournament in 58 years, says Ledley 'is looking good' and should be back to play his part in the group stages.

"We can't say he is going to be ready, we don't know that," he said.

"He's included because of what he brings to the squad.

"He deserves the chance. The conversation is, what stage of the group games will he be available for?

So they have taken Ledley even though they don't know he will be able to play??????

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wales 23 man squad on 17:00 - May 31 with 2369 viewsblueytheblue

Wales 23 man squad on 16:58 - May 31 by shandyjack

Manager Chris Coleman, who recently signed a new deal after leading Wales to a first major tournament in 58 years, says Ledley 'is looking good' and should be back to play his part in the group stages.

"We can't say he is going to be ready, we don't know that," he said.

"He's included because of what he brings to the squad.

"He deserves the chance. The conversation is, what stage of the group games will he be available for?

So they have taken Ledley even though they don't know he will be able to play??????

They know when he'll play. Not tipping the hand to opposition managers.

Wales 23 man squad on 19:18 - May 31 with 2143 viewsMorganator100

Lawrence is injured.
Wales 23 man squad on 20:11 - May 31 with 2076 viewsDrGonzo

I'm sure Huws didn't play at all in the qualifiers, maybe he didn't start. Can't remember.

A selection based on sentiment and loyalty I'd say, but apart from Huws probably the right one.
Wales 23 man squad on 20:17 - May 31 with 2061 viewsOxOsp

And Church got sent out on loan from Milton Keynes, because he couldn't get a game.

Nevertheless, I'm convinced our success comes from picking the best team rather than the best individuals. Also, Coleman has had the opportunity to watch them all at close quarters over the last week or so - and arranged the trial game behind closed doors. So I guess he best placed.
Wales 23 man squad on 20:50 - May 31 with 2020 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gunter ahead of Taylor in majority of people's teams .

Fair play he never let's wales down

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Wales 23 man squad on 21:03 - May 31 with 1988 viewsLoyal

Wales 23 man squad on 20:17 - May 31 by OxOsp

And Church got sent out on loan from Milton Keynes, because he couldn't get a game.

Nevertheless, I'm convinced our success comes from picking the best team rather than the best individuals. Also, Coleman has had the opportunity to watch them all at close quarters over the last week or so - and arranged the trial game behind closed doors. So I guess he best placed.

What with him being the manager and all that 👍🇫🇷

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wales 23 man squad on 07:52 - Jun 1 with 1733 viewspencoedjack

Would of taken Dummett over Collins who is a liability

I hope he is nowhere near a starting 11.
Wales 23 man squad on 09:10 - Jun 1 with 1686 viewsjasper_T

Wales 23 man squad on 07:52 - Jun 1 by pencoedjack

Would of taken Dummett over Collins who is a liability

I hope he is nowhere near a starting 11.

Collins has been excellent for West Ham this season. He's been in the form of his life.
Wales 23 man squad on 10:02 - Jun 1 with 1655 viewswaynekerr55

Wales 23 man squad on 16:42 - May 31 by blueytheblue

I'd have taken him. Wouldn't mind seeing him with us.

Seems to definitely have the quality, but something is holding him back - that's why he's with Wigan, loaned to Huddersfield.

The whole Man City thing has, in my view, held him back.

Shame, but that's football I suppose

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024