Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking tickets 19:24 - Jun 3 with 1660 viewsTreforys_Jack

I remember a thread a while back regarding parking tickets in morfa, the advice then was ignore them and they will get bored and eventually stop sending them. Anyone had any recent experience of dealing with this?
Parking tickets on 19:32 - Jun 3 with 1643 viewsSwanzay

Throw it in the bin and forget about it!

Utter nonsense, bit like the remain campaign!
Parking tickets on 19:43 - Jun 3 with 1623 viewsWingstandwood

I have not had any experience of parking tickets down Morfa. But? Parking enforcement is well and truly alive and kicking in Gorseinon. They have just booked two cars on my sisters road a few hours back. To call these traffic wardens devious would be an understatement.

I personally witnessed a devious tactic of one driving to deliberately drop his passenger/co-traffic warden off so that there is minimal to zero advance warning of residents/drivers i.e. seeing them on foot.

It has become nothing more than a cash-cow and revenue raiser. They booked a few on my sisters road on a bank holiday Monday last year knowing all to well that more cars would be parked and people would be having a lie-in. Beware bank holidays folks! I Read in a paper a few weeks back that councils are now using bank holidays to deliberately rake in higher money returns.

Argus!

Parking tickets on 19:46 - Jun 3 with 1618 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 19:43 - Jun 3 by Wingstandwood

I have not had any experience of parking tickets down Morfa. But? Parking enforcement is well and truly alive and kicking in Gorseinon. They have just booked two cars on my sisters road a few hours back. To call these traffic wardens devious would be an understatement.

I personally witnessed a devious tactic of one driving to deliberately drop his passenger/co-traffic warden off so that there is minimal to zero advance warning of residents/drivers i.e. seeing them on foot.

It has become nothing more than a cash-cow and revenue raiser. They booked a few on my sisters road on a bank holiday Monday last year knowing all to well that more cars would be parked and people would be having a lie-in. Beware bank holidays folks! I Read in a paper a few weeks back that councils are now using bank holidays to deliberately rake in higher money returns.

Are the cars parked illegally?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking tickets on 19:56 - Jun 3 with 1600 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking tickets on 19:43 - Jun 3 by Wingstandwood

You're getting confused between council issued parking tickets and those issued on private land. If you get a ticket from the council on public roads, pay it. If you get a ticket issued by a private company on private land, if you don't pay chances are you'll hear little it nothing more about it.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking tickets on 20:08 - Jun 3 with 1583 viewsWingstandwood

Parking tickets on 19:56 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

You're getting confused between council issued parking tickets and those issued on private land. If you get a ticket from the council on public roads, pay it. If you get a ticket issued by a private company on private land, if you don't pay chances are you'll hear little it nothing more about it.

Thanks for that! I never realised what was going on down there in Morfa.

Argus!

Parking tickets on 20:13 - Jun 3 with 1566 viewsLord_Bony

Any council won t give up on any bills whatever they are as they are rail roaded into the magistrates court and eventually the bailiffs. Its just the way they run things.
The court always grants a liability order.

Private parking landlords on the other hand are reluctant to take it to court for fear of losing and being lumbered with large costs if it is contested.

Paid a £35 fine today for stopping in a box junction for more than 6 seconds these cameras are on the increase.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Parking tickets on 20:18 - Jun 3 with 1557 viewsWingstandwood

Parking tickets on 19:46 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

Are the cars parked illegally?

Yes they are but there are mitigating circumstances for some residents....My sister has been booked on numerous occasions along with other residents. There is an alternative place to park i.e. a lane at the rear. But some do not have garages. My sister has had her car broken into and set on fire and my brother-in-law has had his 1000 cc motorbike nicked from the rear unlit lane of which women do not like to travel in hours of darkness.

My sister has since built a garage but others apparently cannot afford to and are stuck in a rock and a hard place.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 20:18]

Argus!

Parking tickets on 20:20 - Jun 3 with 1545 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 20:13 - Jun 3 by Lord_Bony

Any council won t give up on any bills whatever they are as they are rail roaded into the magistrates court and eventually the bailiffs. Its just the way they run things.

Private parking landlords on the other hand are reluctant to take it to court for fear of losing and being lumbered with large costs if it is contested.

Paid a £35 fine today for stopping in a box junction for more than 6 seconds these cameras are on the increase.

No wonder you're a mod. Thank God you're here to look after us all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Parking tickets on 20:32 - Jun 3 with 1527 viewsWingstandwood

Parking tickets on 20:13 - Jun 3 by Lord_Bony

Yeah we are living in the wrong day and age, many now know the motorist is being targeted and victimised just to be a cash-cow.

Argus!

Parking tickets on 20:40 - Jun 3 with 1519 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 20:32 - Jun 3 by Wingstandwood

Yeah we are living in the wrong day and age, many now know the motorist is being targeted and victimised just to be a cash-cow.

Targeted and victimised? Park legally and you won't have a fine.

Parking tickets on 20:44 - Jun 3 with 1513 viewsLord_Bony

Parking tickets on 20:32 - Jun 3 by Wingstandwood

Bus lanes, parking nr crossings,staying in box junctions etc, I ve been told by the council the cameras and sophisticated monitoring devices are on the increase.

I could nt even contest stopping in a box junction (before I would have got away with it) as they have it recorded from multiple angles the exact time you enter and exit.

It can quickly escalate to £195 if you dont pay the bill quickly enough. You can go online now to view photos of your offence.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Parking tickets on 20:46 - Jun 3 with 1510 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 20:44 - Jun 3 by Lord_Bony

Bus lanes, parking nr crossings,staying in box junctions etc, I ve been told by the council the cameras and sophisticated monitoring devices are on the increase.

I could nt even contest stopping in a box junction (before I would have got away with it) as they have it recorded from multiple angles the exact time you enter and exit.

It can quickly escalate to £195 if you dont pay the bill quickly enough. You can go online now to view photos of your offence.

As it should be. I'm glad they are exploiting these revenuse streams given the continual cutbacks faced by councils.

Parking tickets on 20:54 - Jun 3 with 1504 viewsWingstandwood

Parking tickets on 20:40 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

If you did not read my previous post that is easier said than done in certain areas! If you were like my sister whom preferred to not have a car of which was desperately needed to travel daily from Gorseinon to Neath/Port Talbot Hospital employment broken into and set on fire in a dark, deserted, unlit and intimidating to women lane.......Park in a place that is considered the lesser threat to finances and personal safety and risk a parking ticket!

Argus!

Parking tickets on 20:54 - Jun 3 with 1504 viewsLord_Bony

Parking tickets on 20:46 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

As it should be. I'm glad they are exploiting these revenuse streams given the continual cutbacks faced by councils.

Well one good thing Jackfath is any monies raised have to by law go back in to repairing and maintaining the highways of that council and not poured into a black hole like they used to be. So some good comes of it I suppose.

Parking tickets on 21:18 - Jun 3 with 1476 viewsbuilthjack

So what's the score on overstaying the 2 hours or whatever it is in a private car park? They have in and out cameras don't they?
Should the letters be ignored or paid?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Parking tickets on 21:22 - Jun 3 with 1471 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 21:18 - Jun 3 by builthjack

So what's the score on overstaying the 2 hours or whatever it is in a private car park? They have in and out cameras don't they?
Should the letters be ignored or paid?

Ignored. Better still, don't allow them to take your photo.

Parking tickets on 21:24 - Jun 3 with 1465 viewsbuilthjack

Parking tickets on 21:22 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

Ignored. Better still, don't allow them to take your photo.

But don't they photograph your number plate on the way in, and then on the way out?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Parking tickets on 21:25 - Jun 3 with 1463 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 21:24 - Jun 3 by builthjack

But don't they photograph your number plate on the way in, and then on the way out?

Yes. Yes they do.

Parking tickets on 21:32 - Jun 3 with 1452 viewsbuilthjack

Parking tickets on 21:25 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

Yes. Yes they do.

So if the parking notice says 2 hours, and you stay for 3 hours, should you pay the fine if you receive a letter?

Parking tickets on 21:36 - Jun 3 with 1443 viewsnice_to_michu

Parking tickets on 20:40 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

Totally agree.

It's not "devious" to catch somebody parking where they shouldn't be or haven't paid for. If there weren't any ticket wardens it would be utter chaos.

I'm happy to have ticket wardens in my area of the world. I get caught every now and then, the air turns blue for a few minutes and you get on with life.
Parking tickets on 21:39 - Jun 3 with 1439 viewsJackfath

Parking tickets on 21:32 - Jun 3 by builthjack

So if the parking notice says 2 hours, and you stay for 3 hours, should you pay the fine if you receive a letter?

no

Parking tickets on 21:41 - Jun 3 with 1431 viewsbuilthjack

Parking tickets on 21:39 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

no

Okies

Parking tickets on 22:19 - Jun 3 with 1386 viewssherpajacob

Parking tickets on 21:32 - Jun 3 by builthjack

If it's the council it's a fine and you should pay.

If it's a private parking company like parking eye or smart parking, It's not a fine it's a parking charge (contract).
Ignore is old advice as some companies will go to the small claims court for breach of contract, and if you still.Ignore you will get a ccj. Parking eye are the worst for this and they will happily lie and provide false evidence to the court to get you to pay.

There are plenty of forums and groups that can successfully fight and appeal these cowboys.
But don't ignore.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024