Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover Confirmed 10:26 - Jun 5 with 41901 viewsBLAZE

Deserves its own thread

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-swansea-city-takeover-americans-pr

Thoughts?
Takeover Confirmed on 10:27 - Jun 5 with 6900 viewsDr_Winston

The small silver lining for me is those "eight unnamed figures". Plurality of ownership will hopefully prevent the kind of crass stupidity a single owner can do. There's also an outside chance that one or more of those who have retained a small stake will be prepared to side with the Trust if needs be to provide 25% of votes.

Although obviously none of them can be relied upon or trusted to do so. Not any more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:29 - Jun 5 with 6883 viewsshandyjack

This is a dark day for the club

Poll: Expectation for the season

Takeover Confirmed on 10:32 - Jun 5 with 6839 viewsupvcjack

Hold on tight riders
Takeover Confirmed on 10:32 - Jun 5 with 6836 viewsAngelRangelQS

I wonder if the Trust will ever reveal which parties have behaved badly during this process. I doubt it.
Takeover Confirmed on 10:36 - Jun 5 with 6765 viewsdougie

Takeover Confirmed on 10:32 - Jun 5 by AngelRangelQS

I wonder if the Trust will ever reveal which parties have behaved badly during this process. I doubt it.

I have said it before. There is no way that one or 2 small shareholders have managed to do a deal on other shareholders shares without them agreeing. They all decided to sell ages ago and all that has happened is that the working shareholders had been told to deal with it. I doubt any one party has behaved badly.
Takeover Confirmed on 10:37 - Jun 5 with 6755 viewsItchySphincter

HJ is positively name checked there a number of times, he could have even written it himself.

Got to just get on with it now although it does show that certain people on here who have plenty to say don't have the first idea of what they're talking about.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:37 - Jun 5 with 6750 viewsBLAZE

"Swansea City Football Club is delighted to confirm the takeover by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan"

Speak for yourselves, you no longer speak for our club
Takeover Confirmed on 10:38 - Jun 5 with 6731 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins wasn't even watching the Swans when the club was rescued he was chairman of another football club and that's a FACT.

I f*cking hate bullshit and lies.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Takeover Confirmed on 10:38 - Jun 5 with 6725 viewstylagarwjack

Takeover Confirmed on 10:32 - Jun 5 by AngelRangelQS

Why not name names? The trust are there to report to the members, we even have representation on the club board so we as members should expect no less.
Takeover Confirmed on 10:39 - Jun 5 with 6709 viewsWhiterockin

The Swansea City roller coaster continues. Hold tight for a bumpy ride.
Takeover Confirmed on 10:40 - Jun 5 with 6679 viewsAngelRangelQS

Takeover Confirmed on 10:38 - Jun 5 by Darran

Huw Jenkins wasn't even watching the Swans when the club was rescued he was chairman of another football club and that's a FACT.

I f*cking hate bullshit and lies.

I would think we'll see a hell of a lot more over the coming weeks, months and years
Takeover Confirmed on 10:41 - Jun 5 with 6666 viewsmagicdaps10

I have not got a crystal ball so would be very naive for me too say it is a good thing or a bad thing at present.

The only thing i can see from this is a lot of underhand work and secrecy from people from within the club that will take a long time to fix if ever.

I fully expect a good amount put into the team this summer(20-30M) from these guys including what we receive from sales of players. They have to make a statement early and although i know the stadium needs to be expanded, i just hope they dont play on that from day one.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Takeover Confirmed on 10:43 - Jun 5 with 6639 viewsDr_Winston

Takeover Confirmed on 10:38 - Jun 5 by tylagarwjack

Why not name names? The trust are there to report to the members, we even have representation on the club board so we as members should expect no less.

Might be worth keeping some powder dry in case ammunition is needed later.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:45 - Jun 5 with 6604 viewsexiledclaseboy

I love the cynicism on here. Fans of many other clubs would be flying US flags by now while bending over and offering the lube. In that respect at least we're still "not just another football club".

Poll: Tory leader

Takeover Confirmed on 10:45 - Jun 5 with 6597 viewsmax936

Takeover Confirmed on 10:27 - Jun 5 by Dr_Winston

The small silver lining for me is those "eight unnamed figures". Plurality of ownership will hopefully prevent the kind of crass stupidity a single owner can do. There's also an outside chance that one or more of those who have retained a small stake will be prepared to side with the Trust if needs be to provide 25% of votes.

Although obviously none of them can be relied upon or trusted to do so. Not any more.

I hope what I've just read about continuing the growth of the club isn't just sound bites, on reading that it lifts my spirits for now at least, but its all about time innit.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Takeover Confirmed on 10:48 - Jun 5 with 6546 viewsmagicdaps10

Takeover Confirmed on 10:45 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

I love the cynicism on here. Fans of many other clubs would be flying US flags by now while bending over and offering the lube. In that respect at least we're still "not just another football club".

We have been through to much to say we are just another football club and every time we have come through it.

100M does change the whole dynamics though if things go wrong this time, we are not talking thousands this time round.

I will await and see what these guys have too say first. I have had too many thoughts go through my mind in recent months on what will happen and looking for answers without little joy.........they are in and we cant do anything about it at present but we have to show dignity and listen to what they have too say first and foremost.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 5 with 6550 viewsDr_Winston

Takeover Confirmed on 10:45 - Jun 5 by max936

I hope what I've just read about continuing the growth of the club isn't just sound bites, on reading that it lifts my spirits for now at least, but its all about time innit.

This may be a good thing, it may be a bad thing. Only time will tell.

What is for certain however is that the way in which certain individuals have gone about their business over the last six months has permanently tarnished the reputations that they could have had if things had been done differently.

That just makes me sad more than anything else.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 5 with 6530 viewsDarran

Takeover Confirmed on 10:48 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

We have been through to much to say we are just another football club and every time we have come through it.

100M does change the whole dynamics though if things go wrong this time, we are not talking thousands this time round.

I will await and see what these guys have too say first. I have had too many thoughts go through my mind in recent months on what will happen and looking for answers without little joy.........they are in and we cant do anything about it at present but we have to show dignity and listen to what they have too say first and foremost.

100m?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Takeover Confirmed on 10:50 - Jun 5 with 6519 viewsskippyjack

Takeover Confirmed on 10:45 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

It's because the UK is full of money obsessed lunatics.. while we're just happy with a bottle of lidl's finest and a pack of pork scratchings

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Takeover Confirmed on 10:51 - Jun 5 with 6510 viewsWarwickHunt

Takeover Confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 5 by Darran

100m?

It's a marathon not a sprint.
Takeover Confirmed on 10:51 - Jun 5 with 6500 viewsmax936

Takeover Confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 5 by Dr_Winston

This may be a good thing, it may be a bad thing. Only time will tell.

What is for certain however is that the way in which certain individuals have gone about their business over the last six months has permanently tarnished the reputations that they could have had if things had been done differently.

That just makes me sad more than anything else.

Absolutely.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Takeover Confirmed on 10:52 - Jun 5 with 6496 viewsswancity

Takeover Confirmed on 10:37 - Jun 5 by BLAZE

"Swansea City Football Club is delighted to confirm the takeover by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan"

Speak for yourselves, you no longer speak for our club

Delighted?

Delight? Really.

Some delighted bank managers of that there is no doubt.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Takeover Confirmed on 10:52 - Jun 5 with 6483 viewstylagarwjack

Fair comment, and I suppose the fact that a lot of fans are thinking way at this stage (myself included) shows how a lot of us think this is ownership going to end (not well).

I just wonder if any of those selling shares have considered the fact that if the Americans don't do the right things by the club then the sellers will be blamed as much as the Americans themselves and they might not be welcome at the stadium by the fans on match days in future.

I'm not saying that is right but it could easily happen, they will have their new found wealth to soften the blow however.
Takeover Confirmed on 10:53 - Jun 5 with 6452 viewsmagicdaps10

Takeover Confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 5 by Darran

100m?

The reported cost of buying the club.

We are not talking a thousands or even a £1, prices at the club were sold for in the past.

Takeover Confirmed on 10:55 - Jun 5 with 6439 viewsUxbridge

A sad day but one inevitable since the Yanks v1.0. Once the dollar signs came into view, they couldn't wait to cash out.

I've long since made my peace with change being inevitable. What matters now is the future. Those now in charge, and those departed, will be judged on that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024