Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kimbo Slice Dead! 16:15 - Jun 7 with 2002 viewsWingstandwood

There goes another one
http://www.skysports.com/more-sports/other-sports/news/29876/10306357/kimbo-slic

Argus!

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:17 - Jun 7 with 1995 viewsDarran

Saw that on Twitter earlier and had to google because I've never heard of him.

RIP.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:32 - Jun 7 with 1974 viewsblueytheblue

People on tw@tter have even mention Slice and Ali in the same sentence!

Absolute joke even when on steroids. How long did his UFC tenure last? Beaten in TUF. Beat a guy who was then fired the next day... wow he beat a past it ken Shamrock... at the point where an unneutered cat would also have had a good chance of winning.

Slice was a prime example of hype over actual talent or ability.

EDIT: Just read the Guardian article on him. "MMA pioneer"? What a f***ing joke that is.

Slice's last fight was against 38 year old "Dada 5000". Slice won with Dada apparently having suffered two minor heart attacks during the bout. Result was overturned to a no contested after Slice tested positive for nandrolone and elevated testosterone!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 16:37]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:34 - Jun 7 with 1964 viewsjack247

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:32 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

Absolute joke even when on steroids. How long did his UFC tenure last? Beaten in TUF. Beat a guy who was then fired the next day... wow he beat a past it ken Shamrock... at the point where an unneutered cat would also have had a good chance of winning.

EDIT: Just read the Guardian article on him. "MMA pioneer"? What a f***ing joke that is.

Slice's last fight was against 38 year old "Dada 5000". Slice won with Dada apparently having suffered two minor heart attacks during the bout. Result was overturned to a no contested after Slice tested positive for nandrolone and elevated testosterone!

He's dead mun, leave him be
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:35 - Jun 7 with 1964 viewsDarran

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:34 - Jun 7 by jack247

He's dead mun, leave him be

Innit pity mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:38 - Jun 7 with 1956 viewsblueytheblue

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:35 - Jun 7 by Darran

Innit pity mun.

Don't get me wrong, Dazzer, it's a pity he's dead in the same way it's a pity the vast majority of people die...

Just because he's dead doesn't mean he should be lauded as some amazing MMA fighter ( he wasn't ) or pioneer... respect what he was not what people would have liked him to be,

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:13 - Jun 7 with 1918 viewsWingstandwood

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:38 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

Don't get me wrong, Dazzer, it's a pity he's dead in the same way it's a pity the vast majority of people die...

Just because he's dead doesn't mean he should be lauded as some amazing MMA fighter ( he wasn't ) or pioneer... respect what he was not what people would have liked him to be,

We do indeed live in times of the Svengali manager, PR team and press secretary/agent etc whom create and peddle hype to the point where it is genuinely believed by many.

Ladies and Gentlemen!........My I unveil to you the (gasp's of awe!) the incredibly talented (*cough, cough, cough*) automobile-industry-legend Victoria Beckham!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/victoria-beckham-selling-car-designed

P.S Karl Benz eat your heart out!

Argus!

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:23 - Jun 7 with 1897 viewsGowerjack

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:17 - Jun 7 by Darran

Saw that on Twitter earlier and had to google because I've never heard of him.

RIP.

And me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:40 - Jun 7 with 1870 viewsskippyjack

Kimbo who? Oh that thug.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:53 - Jun 7 with 1849 viewsjack247

Just a bit of a stupid time to slate him
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:53 - Jun 7 with 1848 viewsperplex

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 16:32 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

Youtube sensation his bare knuckle fights were watched by millions, he was signed by the UFC for his fan pulling power rather than ability but he just could not cope with these elite fighters and was easily beaten, the UFC got rid of him however he still had a mass appeal and was to be top of the bill for Bellator at the 02 arena next month recently he tested positive roids, hence him being a roidhead for the growing speculation on the cause of his death.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 17:55]
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:02 - Jun 7 with 1827 viewsblueytheblue

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:53 - Jun 7 by jack247

Just a bit of a stupid time to slate him

So let people know when the right time is.

When media organisations refer to him as an "MMA Pioneer" that shouldn't be corrected at all?

The fact is, Slice began competing in unlicensed fights. That is a massive issue when you look at the rise of MMA.

UFC began as nothing more than a way to get the Gracie family over as gods. You had no weight categories - one judoka from memory competed against a 600lb sumo wrestler. It was barbaric with literally no rules. Early UFC events has substitutes at every round as tournaments were one night events.

When UFC was bought out the whole ethos had to change. Things had to be made safer, more organised, more licensed, more damn professional for it to be recognised as a valid sport.

Slice was a throwback to the older days, days MMA had gone away from. He knew he was never a technically good fighter and to his credit he said that often. As soon as he went legit he was out of his league. CBS wanted him for his charisma, hoping EliteXC would do well with Kimbo as figurehead. As soon as he was exposed that was it.

I'm sorry, but the fight against Dada 5000 was an embarassment, harking back to the bad old days of MMA. Took steroids, testosterone enhancement to beat a guy who had two minor heart attacks during the bout?

Tremendously charismatic and obviously it would be better if he were still alive but as Frank Mir said "every time Kimbo Slice fights, it sets (mixed martial arts) back".

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:25 - Jun 7 with 1791 viewsjack247

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:02 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

When media organisations refer to him as an "MMA Pioneer" that shouldn't be corrected at all?

The fact is, Slice began competing in unlicensed fights. That is a massive issue when you look at the rise of MMA.

UFC began as nothing more than a way to get the Gracie family over as gods. You had no weight categories - one judoka from memory competed against a 600lb sumo wrestler. It was barbaric with literally no rules. Early UFC events has substitutes at every round as tournaments were one night events.

When UFC was bought out the whole ethos had to change. Things had to be made safer, more organised, more licensed, more damn professional for it to be recognised as a valid sport.

Slice was a throwback to the older days, days MMA had gone away from. He knew he was never a technically good fighter and to his credit he said that often. As soon as he went legit he was out of his league. CBS wanted him for his charisma, hoping EliteXC would do well with Kimbo as figurehead. As soon as he was exposed that was it.

I'm sorry, but the fight against Dada 5000 was an embarassment, harking back to the bad old days of MMA. Took steroids, testosterone enhancement to beat a guy who had two minor heart attacks during the bout?

Tremendously charismatic and obviously it would be better if he were still alive but as Frank Mir said "every time Kimbo Slice fights, it sets (mixed martial arts) back".

Well maybe not the day he dies.

If media organisations, or people on Twitter refer to him as an MMA pioneer and you disagree. Go on their websites or Twitter and point out how they are wrong.

No one on here said anything of the sort. You argued against a point no one made.
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 19:31 - Jun 7 with 1729 viewsGowerjack

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:53 - Jun 7 by perplex

Youtube sensation his bare knuckle fights were watched by millions, he was signed by the UFC for his fan pulling power rather than ability but he just could not cope with these elite fighters and was easily beaten, the UFC got rid of him however he still had a mass appeal and was to be top of the bill for Bellator at the 02 arena next month recently he tested positive roids, hence him being a roidhead for the growing speculation on the cause of his death.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 17:55]

Did he drink at The Castle in Pontardawe then?

Roid central apparently....
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 19:47]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 19:51 - Jun 7 with 1702 viewsJonnyTheJack

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:02 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

He may have not been a good fighter but he came from the poorest of the poor, fighting in backyard brawls. I watched that doc Dawg fight which gave a great insight into what it's like. He came from nothing and made thousands of dollars and entertained millions of people. If ou watch that doc all those guys look up to Kimbo because he gives them hope of a way out of that ridiculous poverty.
Add to the fact he was a great guy, literally no one has a bad word to say about him.
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 20:34 - Jun 7 with 1663 viewsSwansNZ

“it's a pity the vast majority of people die”

What do you mean the vast majority of people die? I was told we all die at least once (more for Jack Black, of course)?

RIP Mr. Slice

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 21:15 - Jun 7 with 1623 viewsLeonisGod

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:23 - Jun 7 by Gowerjack

And me.

And me.

I haven't read the article, but can guess it was heart failure from roid use.
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:05 - Jun 8 with 1484 viewsperplex

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:25 - Jun 7 by jack247

Well maybe not the day he dies.

If media organisations, or people on Twitter refer to him as an MMA pioneer and you disagree. Go on their websites or Twitter and point out how they are wrong.

No one on here said anything of the sort. You argued against a point no one made.

He was no MMA pioneer mate ok he had some boxing skills and some ko power but as a mixed martial artist he did not have a clue, he did bring armchairs fans to MMA though but only because of his youtube bare knuckle fights.
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 19:00 - Jun 8 with 1465 viewsblueytheblue

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 20:34 - Jun 7 by SwansNZ

“it's a pity the vast majority of people die”

What do you mean the vast majority of people die? I was told we all die at least once (more for Jack Black, of course)?

RIP Mr. Slice

Lol, good spot. Missed the word "when".

I'm sure people will agree that not everyone who die will be missed or that there would be sympathy.

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 20:10 - Jun 8 with 1436 viewsjack247

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:05 - Jun 8 by perplex

He was no MMA pioneer mate ok he had some boxing skills and some ko power but as a mixed martial artist he did not have a clue, he did bring armchairs fans to MMA though but only because of his youtube bare knuckle fights.

You missed the point by quite some way there.

I never said he was an MMA pioneer. Nobody else on here did either. I said it wasn't great timing to slag him off on the day he died and if people want to get precious about others comparing him to Ali or whatever, go and do it on the sites where people are actually saying that.
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:54 - Jun 9 with 1309 viewsperplex

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 20:10 - Jun 8 by jack247

You missed the point by quite some way there.

I never said he was an MMA pioneer. Nobody else on here did either. I said it wasn't great timing to slag him off on the day he died and if people want to get precious about others comparing him to Ali or whatever, go and do it on the sites where people are actually saying that.

Whoops my comment seems to have gone way over your head, study it take in and have another read of the guy who you first said was missing the point, then you may get the sarcasm towards him in my post.
Kimbo Slice Dead! on 18:07 - Jun 9 with 1302 viewsCooperman

I'm sure my late nan used to serve kimbo slice for tea on a Sunday.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 20:11 - Jun 9 with 1259 viewsjack247

Kimbo Slice Dead! on 17:54 - Jun 9 by perplex

Whoops my comment seems to have gone way over your head, study it take in and have another read of the guy who you first said was missing the point, then you may get the sarcasm towards him in my post.

You quoted the wrong post then? What you said didn't really relate to the post you replied to in fairness. Makes sense now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024