Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Fee 20:57 - Jun 7 with 3125 viewsSwansNZ

Why don’t the Trust make membership free, rather than charge £10?

With over £200,00 in the bank, you could argue there is no need to raise funds through membership.

Maybe if membership was free, you’d get many more people joining up, and having a membership of 10,000+ is better than 1,200 or whatever it is.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Trust Membership Fee on 21:12 - Jun 7 with 3102 viewsLeonisGod

I'm sure I used to get trust membership along with my ST. But I doubt it makes much difference to be honest. If people can't be arsed for a tenner, they won't be arsed for nothing.
Trust Membership Fee on 21:26 - Jun 7 with 3068 viewsairedale

They could make it free on the proviso that you attend 2 meeting per calendar year........
Trust Membership Fee on 21:33 - Jun 7 with 3051 viewsplasjack

It should be dependent on how much you can afford, perhaps our outgoing board members, who will become millionaires will contribute.
Trust Membership Fee on 21:38 - Jun 7 with 3032 viewsUxbridge

I've never been in favour of the free /ST trust membership thing. Far better to have a committed, albeit smaller, membership where you can demonstrate a genuine attachment to the organisation.

The moneys also an issue. 10 quid isn't a lot to many, but they all add up. That covers costs for things like fan forums, sponsorship of local football and good causes. There's also the expenses such as engaging counsel advice on the original American interest, and may yet be required in the future.

True there's a pot there now but I'd rather that was kept in reserve for when it may be needed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Membership Fee on 21:44 - Jun 7 with 3011 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's only a tenner mun

Pay up

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Trust Membership Fee on 21:50 - Jun 7 with 2991 viewsStarsky

Trust Membership Fee on 21:38 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

I've never been in favour of the free /ST trust membership thing. Far better to have a committed, albeit smaller, membership where you can demonstrate a genuine attachment to the organisation.

The moneys also an issue. 10 quid isn't a lot to many, but they all add up. That covers costs for things like fan forums, sponsorship of local football and good causes. There's also the expenses such as engaging counsel advice on the original American interest, and may yet be required in the future.

True there's a pot there now but I'd rather that was kept in reserve for when it may be needed.

You need to run the trust membership like Amazon prime. Auto renewal.
A lot of us are busy old bastads and will forget to renew.

I rejoined last year and didn't have a clue when it expired.

Just take it by annual direct debit.

It's just the internet, init.

Trust Membership Fee on 21:52 - Jun 7 with 2986 viewsMillie

Worth a tenner, rainy day fund needs to continue to grow
Trust Membership Fee on 22:02 - Jun 7 with 2970 viewsplasjack

Trust Membership Fee on 21:52 - Jun 7 by Millie

Worth a tenner, rainy day fund needs to continue to grow

Could not agree more, when our new owners cast us aside.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Fee on 22:09 - Jun 7 with 2953 viewsUxbridge

Trust Membership Fee on 21:50 - Jun 7 by Starsky

You need to run the trust membership like Amazon prime. Auto renewal.
A lot of us are busy old bastads and will forget to renew.

I rejoined last year and didn't have a clue when it expired.

Just take it by annual direct debit.

Yep agreed. I gather that's being looked at for the upcoming season

Trust Membership Fee on 22:11 - Jun 7 with 2940 viewsDarran

I still think it's disgusting that the sellers won't look after the Trust though,I don't begrudge anybody making money but if JVZ is anywhere near the director box next season I'll hop up there and nut the c*nt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Membership Fee on 22:12 - Jun 7 with 2939 viewsplasjack

Trust Membership Fee on 22:09 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

Yep agreed. I gather that's being looked at for the upcoming season

I am a member currently, when do we renew ?.
Trust Membership Fee on 22:16 - Jun 7 with 2925 viewsUxbridge

Trust Membership Fee on 22:12 - Jun 7 by plasjack

I am a member currently, when do we renew ?.

July I think.

Trust Membership Fee on 22:18 - Jun 7 with 2919 viewsplasjack

Trust Membership Fee on 22:16 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

July I think.

Ta.
Trust Membership Fee on 22:35 - Jun 7 with 2876 viewsUxbridge

Trust Membership Fee on 22:18 - Jun 7 by plasjack

Ta.

Just checked the swanstrust.co.UK website and current ones run out on 31st July, so 1st August is renewal date

Trust Membership Fee on 22:39 - Jun 7 with 2865 viewsplasjack

Trust Membership Fee on 22:35 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

Just checked the swanstrust.co.UK website and current ones run out on 31st July, so 1st August is renewal date

Worth every penny, only three pints in the Liberty.
Trust Membership Fee on 22:59 - Jun 7 with 2823 viewsAndyNak

Spoke to Jim about this recently - I couldn't be more in favour of the Trust and their Board and had the privilege of serving on it for a brief period before I moved to London

My biggest issue is that I'm lazy and always forget to get around to renewing with the paper forms. I would v v happily sign an annual direct debit and Jim confirmed this is coming in this summer

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Trust Membership Fee on 01:28 - Jun 8 with 2717 viewsSwansNZ

Trust Membership Fee on 21:38 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

Fair enough, just a thought on getting membership numbers up.

I didn’t realise it was only £5 for seniors (not that I am one).

I see there is an option to join the Trust as a Standard member — is there another option? I guess the ones on here would be more then likely to put their hand in their pocket, I’m just trying to think of options to get others to join, even if an affiliated member that is free — show the new board that there are big numbers behind the Trust (not that I think they’d really care).

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Trust Membership Fee on 21:06 - Jun 8 with 2570 viewsStarsky

Trust Membership Fee on 22:35 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

With respect and don't take this the wrong way but the fact that you had to check the renewal date shows how muddy all this renewal info is.
You'd think it would be a well publicised stand out date over the years.
At some stage 2 years ago I joined halfway between. No wonder I didn't have an inkling when to renew.

Trust Membership Fee on 21:58 - Jun 8 with 2531 viewsMillie

Trust Membership Fee on 21:06 - Jun 8 by Starsky

With respect and don't take this the wrong way but the fact that you had to check the renewal date shows how muddy all this renewal info is.
At some stage 2 years ago I joined halfway between. No wonder I didn't have an inkling when to renew.

I know not everyone has an email address but there'll be plenty of reminders in their regular email updates plus I always get a membership form with my printed newsletter.
Trust Membership Fee on 00:05 - Jun 9 with 2470 viewsStarsky

Trust Membership Fee on 21:58 - Jun 8 by Millie

I know not everyone has an email address but there'll be plenty of reminders in their regular email updates plus I always get a membership form with my printed newsletter.

All I need is either a text, email to tell me my auto renewing direct debit us being taken the following month unless I contact them to cancel.
I promise you, I'd be a member for life.
I ve checked my records and I've been a member 3 of the last 10 years
Some of that I wrongly assumed I was a member because of season tickets

Trust Membership Fee on 07:36 - Jun 9 with 2425 viewsUxbridge

Trust Membership Fee on 21:06 - Jun 8 by Starsky

It probably says more about me than the process imo.

Anyway, take the point on renewals. Watch this space etc etc ...

Trust Membership Fee on 08:18 - Jun 9 with 2403 viewsdougie

Trust Membership Fee on 00:05 - Jun 9 by Starsky

All I need is either a text, email to tell me my auto renewing direct debit us being taken the following month unless I contact them to cancel.
I promise you, I'd be a member for life.
I ve checked my records and I've been a member 3 of the last 10 years
Some of that I wrongly assumed I was a member because of season tickets

I'm the same. Haven' t checked how many times but know that sometimes I haven't renewed and something happens or is said on here that jolts my memory and I renew
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024