Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most memorable Wales goals 18:35 - Jun 10 with 2427 viewsTNT

Brian Flynn's double one-two against Scotland before scoring at Ninian Park in the home championship in '75. I'd travelled up from Swansea by train, place was packed, loads of Scotland fans. Younger fans - have a look on You Tube.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Most memorable Wales goals on 18:38 - Jun 10 with 2425 viewsdailew

Never seen it in any list of great World Cup goals but there can't be many better than this.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Most memorable Wales goals on 18:59 - Jun 10 with 2412 viewsbonymine

For games I was at it must be Mark Hughes' scissors kick against Spain at Wrexham in 1985. Travelled up in the back of a transit van from Swansea with 7 mates. Stood on the Kop behind the goal he scored in everybody went mental!

Also was at Arms Park when Rushy scored the winner in a 1-0 v Germany (maybe West Germany ?) and also Tosh got a hat trick at Ninian Park against Scotland I think near the end of his career I was in the Enclosure with the old man.

Sparky' goal ;

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/skills/4600/forgotten_wonde-3.html

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Most memorable Wales goals on 23:04 - Jun 10 with 2351 viewsTNT

Most memorable Wales goals on 18:38 - Jun 10 by dailew

Never seen it in any list of great World Cup goals but there can't be many better than this.

Cracking finish, fair play!

Most memorable Wales goals on 23:19 - Jun 10 with 2343 viewsTNT

Most memorable Wales goals on 18:59 - Jun 10 by bonymine

For games I was at it must be Mark Hughes' scissors kick against Spain at Wrexham in 1985. Travelled up in the back of a transit van from Swansea with 7 mates. Stood on the Kop behind the goal he scored in everybody went mental!

Also was at Arms Park when Rushy scored the winner in a 1-0 v Germany (maybe West Germany ?) and also Tosh got a hat trick at Ninian Park against Scotland I think near the end of his career I was in the Enclosure with the old man.

Sparky' goal ;

Saw Mark Hughes' goal on the box. Great goal, fair play. I was at Wrexham for the four goals we scored against England at Wrexham, we don't score four often... especially against England! I too was at the Germany game, another good goal, and at Scotland game for Tosh's hat-trick (did he score with his left foot, right foot and head? - proper hat-trick!). Remember us beating England 0-1 at Wembley, think that was a Leighton James penalty that won that one.

Most memorable Wales goals on 23:23 - Jun 10 with 2341 viewsraynor94

Sparky' goal ;

Why weren't you watching the Swans that night?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Most memorable Wales goals on 23:55 - Jun 10 with 2318 viewssherpajacob

Hughes goal v spain has to be up there. From the same campaign rush scored a screamer at Hampden.
Ivor in black and white v Hungary.

For sheer comedy value I remember a Willie donachie own goal, when Scotland were 1-0 and running the clock down.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:04 - Jul 9 with 2156 viewsTNT

A couple to add to the list, fair play.

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:42 - Jul 9 with 2123 viewsWxmJax

Sparky' goal ;

A pity that some Muppet decided to change cameras just as he was kicking the ball. Must have it all on one camera angle somewhere but it's never been seen.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:49 - Jul 9 with 2111 viewsTNT

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:42 - Jul 9 by WxmJax

A pity that some Muppet decided to change cameras just as he was kicking the ball. Must have it all on one camera angle somewhere but it's never been seen.

Don't know which gogglebox you were watching. Anyway, check it out on YouTube.

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:51 - Jul 9 with 2104 viewsmorningstar

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:42 - Jul 9 by WxmJax

Never mind camera angles. I was at that game behind the goal, but was always convinced it was scored at the other end!

Footnote: Not a lot of people know this, but the Swans were away at Wigan the very same night!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:54 - Jul 9 with 2098 viewsMurph75

Ryan Giggs fee kick against Belgium in 93. Went with my old man on the spur of the moment.

Also got me thinking about the Bobby Gould era, they were dark times.
Most memorable Wales goals on 22:59 - Jul 9 with 2091 viewsJBT95

Bale 89th minute screamer to make it 2-1 vs Scotland at the CCS October 2012, first win since Speed's death and what a goal to make that happen! Scenes... what a night!

[Post edited 9 Jul 2016 23:02]
Most memorable Wales goals on 23:17 - Jul 9 with 2058 viewsmorningstar

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:59 - Jul 9 by JBT95

Bale 89th minute screamer to make it 2-1 vs Scotland at the CCS October 2012, first win since Speed's death and what a goal to make that happen! Scenes... what a night!

Ok, time for a did you know moment. Wales first played Scotland in 1876 and played them 29 times before they eventually beat them in 1905. This is the longest stretch of games without one country beating another in international history. I thank you for wasting 10 seconds of your life.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Most memorable Wales goals on 03:22 - Jul 10 with 1992 viewsLoyal

Most memorable Wales goals on 18:38 - Jun 10 by dailew

Oh please, it's not English, it really doesn't count.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Most memorable Wales goals on 03:25 - Jul 10 with 1987 viewsLoyal

Get your tits round this.

My first international game.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Most memorable Wales goals on 11:05 - Jul 10 with 1907 viewsEbo

Most memorable Wales goals on 22:59 - Jul 9 by JBT95

We are so lucky to have Gareth Bale, really really lucky and I hope a new generation of kids will look up to him and want to emulate him. Truly in the top 5 players in the world and easily the best footballer currently from the British Isles.

Even when he does not score you can see he always puts in one hell of a shift, from defending to assisting he has got it all. I'll never forget the goal he scored against us at the Liberty, I didn't see the ball leave his foot, only the net rustling and Vorm just looking puzzled and shocked.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024