Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Experience in Bordeau 01:19 - Jun 12 with 4399 viewsWanderer

Reading a lot of shit in the Australian press here about the "England & Russian fans' in Marseilles, but very low column inches about Wales and Slovaks fans in Bordeaux.
I'm interested to know, how was the match day experience in Bordeaux? How did the French locals receive the Welsh? how where the Slovak fans?
Experience in Bordeau on 01:52 - Jun 12 with 4352 viewsJackFish

The whole day was excellent. Went to the fanzone where Welsh and and Slovakians were mixing fine. Some Austrians and Spanish there too for their games over the next few days. Didn't see any problems with the locals at all and even walked past a few bars with bluebird and jack flags hanging up next to each other. Great to see pretty much all the Wales support wearing red too, looked very impressive in the ground.

Also loved seeing the police filming us coming out of the ground. Not for evidence or surveillance but on their mobiles because of the noise we were making. Really enjoyable day and can only hope the next two will be as good - can't see that somehow though sadly.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 1:54]
Experience in Bordeau on 01:55 - Jun 12 with 4343 viewsWanderer

Experience in Bordeau on 01:52 - Jun 12 by JackFish

The whole day was excellent. Went to the fanzone where Welsh and and Slovakians were mixing fine. Some Austrians and Spanish there too for their games over the next few days. Didn't see any problems with the locals at all and even walked past a few bars with bluebird and jack flags hanging up next to each other. Great to see pretty much all the Wales support wearing red too, looked very impressive in the ground.

Also loved seeing the police filming us coming out of the ground. Not for evidence or surveillance but on their mobiles because of the noise we were making. Really enjoyable day and can only hope the next two will be as good - can't see that somehow though sadly.

Great to hear JF, very jealous.
All the best to the traveling Wales fans out there enjoy and represent!
Experience in Bordeau on 02:53 - Jun 12 with 4288 viewsLoyal

I can add to this, the fanzone in Paris is such a great experience. The games today were fantastic to watch, ok overpriced beers, but who needs to get hammered on alcohol all the time. Many Swansea friends travelling north tomorrow, all of whom are talking about a wonderful time in the south with Cardiff fans especially. There has been a few and I mean a few comments between the Cardiff and Swansea supporters - and there was one potential flashpoint but all the other supporters in the bar told them to shut up, the real fans outnumbering the few fools.

That's how it should be.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Experience in Bordeau on 06:03 - Jun 12 with 4203 viewsJethroJack

My son & I are in Bordeaux and having a BLAST!!
Bloody brilliant in every respect, Welsh, Slovaks, locals all getting on like a house on fire.
Brilliant to see & (thanfully) in stark contrast to events in Marseille.
I just hope we don't get dragged down into behaving like knuckleheads in the next 2 games.
Experience in Bordeau on 07:23 - Jun 12 with 4104 viewsowainglyndwr

Experience in Bordeau on 01:52 - Jun 12 by JackFish

Funny I notice the police very relaxed and one whistling to a Wales song, loads of families sitting on the grass, staff and security filming Welsh fans on their phone.
Calon lan was superb.
A German Euro official said the stadium was shaking when we scored the second.
Anyone at castle gardens back home what was it like
Experience in Bordeau on 08:09 - Jun 12 with 3985 viewsmarchamjack

The experience in Bordeaux has been everything I hoped it would be in following Wales at a major finals.

A real togetherstronger atmosphere. I saw one Swans shirt and one Cardiff shirt only at the match. Loads of flags with Jacks/Bluebirds hung side by side.
Thousands drinking outside the bars. Singing from every bar. Locals, Slovakians mixing freely. Lots of group photos. Masses of beer. A sea of red everywhere.
100% positive experience.
And then I see what's going on a few hundred kilometres from us it's hard to believe I'm in the same country.
Bucket list experience. Ticked that top of the list box.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Experience in Bordeau on 08:38 - Jun 12 with 3901 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Experience in Bordeau on 08:09 - Jun 12 by marchamjack

The experience in Bordeaux has been everything I hoped it would be in following Wales at a major finals.

A real togetherstronger atmosphere. I saw one Swans shirt and one Cardiff shirt only at the match. Loads of flags with Jacks/Bluebirds hung side by side.
Thousands drinking outside the bars. Singing from every bar. Locals, Slovakians mixing freely. Lots of group photos. Masses of beer. A sea of red everywhere.
100% positive experience.
And then I see what's going on a few hundred kilometres from us it's hard to believe I'm in the same country.
Bucket list experience. Ticked that top of the list box.

Fabulous scenes. The Welsh fans out in France are a real credit to our country and the UK as a whole. I hope that it carries on ad infinitum for every future Wales fixture, home or away.

Keep it up lads and lasses !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Experience in Bordeau on 10:43 - Jun 12 with 3555 viewsGrandPrix

Slovakian fans were brilliant, even formed a little guard of honour as we were leaving the stadium, clapping and shaking welsh fans hands.
Great atmosphere inside and outside the ground.
French police were friendly towards both sets of supporters, all mixing and having a good time......just how football should be.
I'm going to the Russia game, but after seeing their fans recently I'm not too sure if I'm doing the right thing!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Login to get fewer ads

Experience in Bordeau on 12:31 - Jun 12 with 3352 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Experience in Bordeau on 10:43 - Jun 12 by GrandPrix

Slovakian fans were brilliant, even formed a little guard of honour as we were leaving the stadium, clapping and shaking welsh fans hands.
Great atmosphere inside and outside the ground.
French police were friendly towards both sets of supporters, all mixing and having a good time......just how football should be.
I'm going to the Russia game, but after seeing their fans recently I'm not too sure if I'm doing the right thing!

If they keep that up their fans will be banned from the stadia.

Experience in Bordeau on 12:56 - Jun 12 with 3253 viewsblueytheblue

Experience in Bordeau on 12:31 - Jun 12 by Brynmill_Jack

If they keep that up their fans will be banned from the stadia.

Russia and their fans are untouchable and they know it.

What, FIFA take the World Cup away from them? UEFA kick them out of Euros? Not happening whatsoever.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Experience in Bordeau on 13:17 - Jun 12 with 3162 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Experience in Bordeau on 12:56 - Jun 12 by blueytheblue

Russia and their fans are untouchable and they know it.

What, FIFA take the World Cup away from them? UEFA kick them out of Euros? Not happening whatsoever.

How in God's name are they untouchable?

Experience in Bordeau on 15:05 - Jun 12 with 2949 viewsjacabertawe

A nice thing to read
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/welsh-football-fans-fo

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Experience in Bordeau on 16:43 - Jun 12 with 2789 viewsperchrockjack

Of course they are untouchable but they have balls or brass neck because there is shortly to be a World Cup there
Like Serbia and many other east block they are created a on a grand scale.

Absolute filth of a race of people and their history of blood letting is a pointer of why they should be shunned at any price

Sad thst the USSR broke up as these chunts were kept behind a wall of steel .

Both they and England should be thrown out .

They wont

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Experience in Bordeau on 16:55 - Jun 12 with 2735 viewsLandore_Jack

I was in Castle Gardens yesterday. The big screen stopped working just before Bale scored. Nobody knew the timescale of when it would be fixed. Watched the first half in Yates and the second half back in Castle Gardens.

Good atmosphere by the Welsh fans. Police didnt mind us drinking. Had a good time.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 16:56]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024