Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Bale, the new..... 20:00 - Jun 15 with 4973 viewsjackrabbit

....Muhammad Ali! Last week we buried the world's greatest and most entertaining bullshitter - unsurpassed in winding up 'the opposition'. Bale has spotted the vacancy and stepped right into it.

His comments 'no England player would get into our team' were delivered with a broad grin on his face - do you think he really believes we wouldn't find room for Harry Kane? Or Kyle Walker at right back, for starters? However the slavering Press desperate for a grudge angle,pounced on it and reported it with due gravity all over the back pages today. Anybody with half a brain can sense a wind-up when they see it, but not the po-faced journos.

It made me laugh anyway.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 07:18 - Jun 16 with 1009 viewsItchySphincter

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:15 - Jun 16 by jack247

Your football posts are normally very good.

I'm amazed you can't see he is being asked leading questions and just answering them in a way that exudes confidence and pride. Short of refusing to do press conferences, he either comes out all guns blazing or meekly admits England are better than us.

He is the player that makes the headlines, no one would bat an eyelid if Joe Ledley said any of that.

I was hanging in there, rooting for you, then I read the first line of that post......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 07:24 - Jun 16 with 1004 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 07:18 - Jun 16 by ItchySphincter

I was hanging in there, rooting for you, then I read the first line of that post......

Ha. He is a screaming paranoid nutjob, but credit where it's due, he knows his football.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 09:26 - Jun 16 with 973 viewsSmellyplumz

great if we win or draw , looks a complete monkey`s cockpouch if we get bummed 10-0

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 10:06 - Jun 16 with 951 viewsskippyjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 07:24 - Jun 16 by jack247

Ha. He is a screaming paranoid nutjob, but credit where it's due, he knows his football.

I'm paranoid? I'm not the one screaming out someone is paranoid.. how do I know my football?..

ever since Oh tommy tommy said it a few months ago.. everyone is jumping on this band wagon about how brilliant my football knowledge is.. even though everyone bombards me. It's not hard to talk about someone kicking leather around a field.

If you wanted to talk about fluctuating dimensions, molecular biology and cell regeneration.. it's a completely different ball game all together.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 11:05 - Jun 16 with 930 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 10:06 - Jun 16 by skippyjack

I'm paranoid? I'm not the one screaming out someone is paranoid.. how do I know my football?..

ever since Oh tommy tommy said it a few months ago.. everyone is jumping on this band wagon about how brilliant my football knowledge is.. even though everyone bombards me. It's not hard to talk about someone kicking leather around a field.

If you wanted to talk about fluctuating dimensions, molecular biology and cell regeneration.. it's a completely different ball game all together.

Skippy I don't have to explain how you're paranoid mate. I'm not surprised you can't see it though.

You can tell by reading someone's posts if they know their football or are just blagging it. I did think you were a stats nerd who looked up obscure foreign players and pretended to have an in depth knowledge of them, but there is usually a bit of substance and logic in your football posts.

Oh and don't get too far up yourself, there are plenty of other people on here whose football posts I respect. I even respect some of thems non football stuff.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 12:06 - Jun 16 with 912 viewsskippyjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 11:05 - Jun 16 by jack247

Skippy I don't have to explain how you're paranoid mate. I'm not surprised you can't see it though.

You can tell by reading someone's posts if they know their football or are just blagging it. I did think you were a stats nerd who looked up obscure foreign players and pretended to have an in depth knowledge of them, but there is usually a bit of substance and logic in your football posts.

Oh and don't get too far up yourself, there are plenty of other people on here whose football posts I respect. I even respect some of thems non football stuff.

from the year 2008 to 2013 I had a fantastic knowledge of football.. I must have watched over 80,000 games or something stupid like that.. In the last 3 years I have hardly watched football from around the world.. There was a time when I would watch every game around the continent.. including S4C and the Welsh League.. but mainly I watched La Liga vigorously.. and I'm not surprised that Juanfran, Godin, Griezmann, Mata, Silva, Villa, Cazorla, Soldado, Adrian, Koke, Jonas, have developed into world class talents.. players like Ruben Castro, Aduritz, Cani, Fernando Navarro, Joaquín, Miguel Torres, Pedro León, Marcos Senna, Willy Caballero..

but I never rated Navas, Ander Herrera, Mikel San José, Nolito, Juan Carlos Valerón, Juan Arango.. Vicente Iborra, Hernán Pérez while commentators and pundits were praising them.. Cani was one of the best players in La Liga.. yet nobody gave him the recognition.

Not 80,000.. but easily 2 a day
[Post edited 16 Jun 2016 12:11]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 12:22 - Jun 16 with 902 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 12:06 - Jun 16 by skippyjack

from the year 2008 to 2013 I had a fantastic knowledge of football.. I must have watched over 80,000 games or something stupid like that.. In the last 3 years I have hardly watched football from around the world.. There was a time when I would watch every game around the continent.. including S4C and the Welsh League.. but mainly I watched La Liga vigorously.. and I'm not surprised that Juanfran, Godin, Griezmann, Mata, Silva, Villa, Cazorla, Soldado, Adrian, Koke, Jonas, have developed into world class talents.. players like Ruben Castro, Aduritz, Cani, Fernando Navarro, Joaquín, Miguel Torres, Pedro León, Marcos Senna, Willy Caballero..

but I never rated Navas, Ander Herrera, Mikel San José, Nolito, Juan Carlos Valerón, Juan Arango.. Vicente Iborra, Hernán Pérez while commentators and pundits were praising them.. Cani was one of the best players in La Liga.. yet nobody gave him the recognition.

Not 80,000.. but easily 2 a day
[Post edited 16 Jun 2016 12:11]

There is watching it and there is understanding it. Bloke in front of me at the games has been going 50 years, still doesn't have a clue what's going on, but thinks he is a football guru because he started going before most of us were born. Fair few on here clearly have a deeper knowledge of the game than I do. Likewise, some clearly don't.

Disagree with you on the Bale comments, they aren't going to make England try harder, but they may well get under their skin, as well as galvanising our squad.

All I was saying is there is normally some sense in your football stuff, even though I often don't agree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024