Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curry in London 08:04 - Jun 19 with 2836 viewscsf

Staying in London for three nights next week. Want to get a decent curry. Any recommendations. We are at the Barbican for a conference for three days but travelling in from Stonebirdge Park so it's got to be fairly easy to get to from those places.

Thanks
Curry in London on 08:44 - Jun 19 with 2799 viewswaynekerr55

Regency club mate outside Queensbury station (jubilee line). You'll probably be able to bus from Stonebridge park.

http://www.regencyclub.co.uk/

The people who run this place started the first Indian workingmens club in London, they sold their first play in 1990 for 990k!

Nice beer, they have sports on the TV.

I recommend garlic mogo, mushkhaki, chicken wings, methi chicken and garlic naan 👌👌👌👌👌👍👍👍👍

Ps - the food is quite hot, it's north indian / kenyan, you won't find a korma or a bhaji anywhere in there 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Curry in London on 08:44 - Jun 19 with 2799 viewsDyfnant

If your near Brick Lane, go to the Standard

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Curry in London on 19:39 - Jun 19 with 2609 viewsGlyn1

I work directly opposite the Barbican in Silk Street, and I don't know of any good curry houses in the area.

Whitecross Street, which is nearby, has a good selection of Italian, Turkish, and vegetarian cafes and Kennedy's fish restaurant. If you there on Thursday or Friday, try Whitecross Street food market at lunchtime, which is excellent. You can take any food you buy there into the Two Brewers pub to eat.

The Jugged Hare on the corner is a posh pub suitable for anyone with an expense account. For myself I'm just off to the Artillery Arms, a lovely backstreet pub on Bunhill Row, and will ask the locals for any advice. UPDATE: They couldn't recommend anywhere close to the Barbican.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 21:13]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Curry in London on 19:58 - Jun 19 with 2591 viewswaynekerr55

Curry in London on 19:39 - Jun 19 by Glyn1

I work directly opposite the Barbican in Silk Street, and I don't know of any good curry houses in the area.

Whitecross Street, which is nearby, has a good selection of Italian, Turkish, and vegetarian cafes and Kennedy's fish restaurant. If you there on Thursday or Friday, try Whitecross Street food market at lunchtime, which is excellent. You can take any food you buy there into the Two Brewers pub to eat.

The Jugged Hare on the corner is a posh pub suitable for anyone with an expense account. For myself I'm just off to the Artillery Arms, a lovely backstreet pub on Bunhill Row, and will ask the locals for any advice. UPDATE: They couldn't recommend anywhere close to the Barbican.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 21:13]

Cafe Spice Namaste is good.

Curry in London on 20:26 - Jun 19 with 2563 viewsGlyn1

Curry in London on 19:58 - Jun 19 by waynekerr55

Cafe Spice Namaste is good.

Near the Tower of London? Not in walking distance from the Barbican but I guess they could share a taxi.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Curry in London on 21:03 - Jun 19 with 2536 viewswaynekerr55

Curry in London on 20:26 - Jun 19 by Glyn1

Near the Tower of London? Not in walking distance from the Barbican but I guess they could share a taxi.

Yeah Aldgate East station I think.

Curry in London on 11:25 - Jun 20 with 2418 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I don't think London has any Asian food?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Curry in London on 11:53 - Jun 20 with 2405 viewsBatterseajack

Not quite a curry, but an Indian restaurant nonetheless. I'd recommend Dishoom. Its absolutely delicious in there. But be warned, they don't take bookings and the queues are insane every night after 7pm. If you want to eat in the day, then its a real treat and they have several locations around london.

http://www.dishoom.com/

Failing that, I'd head to Tayyabs. It has a very good reputation and is quite cheap and BYO on booze.
http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/
Login to get fewer ads

Curry in London on 13:28 - Jun 20 with 2371 viewsSweyns_Eye

I thoroughly recommend the Great Nepalese on Eversholt St, next to Euston Station. The Mutton Dansak is wonderful and not something you come across that often.

Very friendly fellows there too.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Curry in London on 15:55 - Jun 20 with 2321 viewsDyfnant

Curry in London on 13:28 - Jun 20 by Sweyns_Eye

I thoroughly recommend the Great Nepalese on Eversholt St, next to Euston Station. The Mutton Dansak is wonderful and not something you come across that often.

Very friendly fellows there too.

A lamb dansak in reality would be less common than a mutton one

Curry in London on 15:56 - Jun 20 with 2314 viewsSweyns_Eye

Curry in London on 15:55 - Jun 20 by Dyfnant

A lamb dansak in reality would be less common than a mutton one

I've had a few lamb dansaks.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Curry in London on 00:17 - Jun 21 with 2245 viewsDyfnant

Curry in London on 15:56 - Jun 20 by Sweyns_Eye

I've had a few lamb dansaks.

Technically as soon as their first set of teeth are gone - usually around 2 years of age - they are no longer lambs. They may call it lamb on the menu but unlikely they'll be wasting lamb in a curry. Older lamb will taste stronger, which would be harder to detect in a curry.

Curry in London on 00:49 - Jun 21 with 2231 viewsProfessor

Tayyabs or Needo in Whitechapel are both good with plenty of Deshi clientele. Both byo too. If you want true (veggie) Indian plenty around Drummond Dtreet near Euston and also good places in Tooting
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024