Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC and NI success 09:54 - Jun 22 with 2992 viewscrix

before i start this is not meant to take anything away from N Irelands achievement and I wish congratulations to them!

ok to my point is it just me or are the bbc making a bigger fuss about them qualifying for the next round then us? maybe I'm imagining but it really does feel they are getting more positive coverage then we got. or perhaps I'm so used to the bbc ignoring us (Swans and Wales) its built into my psyche that we are being ignored.
BBC and NI success on 09:57 - Jun 22 with 2987 viewsjasper_T

This new tournament format is a joke.
BBC and NI success on 09:58 - Jun 22 with 2983 viewsjackjackjackjack

Less football news yesterday, so obviously they'll get more coverage.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

BBC and NI success on 10:22 - Jun 22 with 2925 viewssherpajacob

It's partly due to timing, Wales qualified and won the group at the same time England failed to win. So the national media's main focus was on England's failure.

NI qualified as a result of Turkey beating beating Czech rep, so the UK media is going to show pictures of ulstermen celebrating.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

BBC and NI success on 10:34 - Jun 22 with 2885 viewsPegojack

I guess it's all to do with relative populations and footballing resources, although I confess I don't know the actual figures.

The media are bound to make a fuss of teams like N Ireland and Iceland progressing in the competition when they've only got about 45 Sunday league players and the occupants of two old folks' homes to pick from. Well, not quite, but you know what I mean.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 10:35]
BBC and NI success on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 2873 viewsraynor94

Not in the least, BBC coverage has been very good and even handed, the item before the Slovakia game was excellent, no need for chips here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

BBC and NI success on 10:42 - Jun 22 with 2858 viewsBorojack

BBC and NI success on 09:57 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

You wouldnt be saying that if Wales finished 3rd in the group.
Also if the competition stayed with the old format there would be 16 teams Wales would have ended up in a Play off game so there is a good chance we would not have qualified.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

BBC and NI success on 11:41 - Jun 22 with 2731 viewsJJJack

BBC and NI success on 10:36 - Jun 22 by raynor94

Not in the least, BBC coverage has been very good and even handed, the item before the Slovakia game was excellent, no need for chips here

Totally agree. Wales were always expected to qualify for the last 16. N.Ireland weren't. Wales is a respected (and feared) side across Europe these days. We've been in the World's top 10 recently and were ranked above England briefly. The last 3 games have shown that far from the FIFA rankings being "a joke" they're actually pretty accurate much of the time.
N. Ireland have done exceptionally well to qualify when some were tipping Ukraine as dark horses for this tournament.
BBC and NI success on 12:20 - Jun 22 with 2660 viewsClinton

Well done Northern Ireland. To qualify from a group containing Germeny, Poland and Ukraine is a great achievement.
We have had great coverage too, so alls well in the world.
The format has kept the groups more competetive at the end IMHO

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

BBC and NI success on 13:31 - Jun 22 with 2530 viewsJBT95

BBC and NI success on 10:42 - Jun 22 by Borojack

Also if the competition stayed with the old format there would be 16 teams Wales would have ended up in a Play off game so there is a good chance we would not have qualified.

Not definitely. Euro2008 qualifying all groups had the 2nd teams automaticly qualify and there were no play-offs, although the groups were of 7 teams (one of 8) rather than 6.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 13:49]
BBC and NI success on 13:35 - Jun 22 with 2509 viewscrix

ok maybe I'm wrong
BBC and NI success on 14:15 - Jun 22 with 2456 viewsChrisSCFC

Coverage seems pretty fair to me.
BBC and NI success on 14:18 - Jun 22 with 2452 viewsjackjackjackjack

Looking at the BBC website today I can see 3 stories about England, and one about us. They must hate us...

"Is Wales' 3-0 win over Russia their finest hour?"

"England will not scare anyone - Alan Shearer"

"Wayne Rooney surprised at omission, Roy Hodgson defends selection"

"England left exposed after Roy Hodgson's changes"

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

BBC and NI success on 14:22 - Jun 22 with 2432 viewsGlyn1

Yes, it's just you.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

BBC and NI success on 15:05 - Jun 22 with 2373 viewsjasper_T

BBC and NI success on 10:42 - Jun 22 by Borojack

Yes I would. It would be a funny joke that I would have enjoyed, but a joke nonetheless.
BBC and NI success on 16:16 - Jun 22 with 2310 viewsscottishjack

Nah, as much as I'm gutted Scotland aren't there, the format is much more exciting, nearly every match has something riding on it, and every goal counts.

I personally think it's an excellent format, even though I had my doubts, I've changed my mind.
BBC and NI success on 18:00 - Jun 22 with 2219 viewsphact0rri

I think on a day when Northern Ireland are playing and no other british teams are, they are going to probably lead in with the current news...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

BBC and NI success on 19:31 - Jun 22 with 2126 viewsMurph75

In what way?

99% of teams still have something left to play for going in to their last group game. Very exciting all around except for people like you.
BBC and NI success on 19:39 - Jun 22 with 2109 viewsImAlrightJack

Hope you choke on yours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024