Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 - 3 - 2 23:49 - Jun 27 with 1902 viewsJonathans_coat

With Wales overachieving, Italy excelling (despite not exactly having their greatest squad), and Chile winning 2 successive Copa Americas, all mostly using 3 centre backs with genuine wing backs to provide the width. Is it time we should re-visit this? Especially as Guidolin has huge experience of this formation, famously overachieving with Udinese in Serie A and Europe. It seems to me that as a smaller team in the prem, this might suit us well!
5 - 3 - 2 on 23:56 - Jun 27 with 1880 viewsmonmouth

Taylor and Gunter are genuine wingbacks? ....er, ok.

As to formation, I;m sure Guidolin will do what he thinks best in terms of the players we have come August and that he is shaping the type of player we buy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

5 - 3 - 2 on 00:00 - Jun 28 with 1871 viewsJonathans_coat

5 - 3 - 2 on 23:56 - Jun 27 by monmouth

Taylor and Gunter are genuine wingbacks? ....er, ok.

As to formation, I;m sure Guidolin will do what he thinks best in terms of the players we have come August and that he is shaping the type of player we buy.

Neil Taylor is a goal machine.........okay maybe not, but Gunter certainly gets forward a lot! Just thinking out loud as it were. Would suit Ayew too, as the strikers/attackers in the system have freedom to roam, a la Bale (or Sanchez, or Italy's Eder etc)
5 - 3 - 2 on 00:02 - Jun 28 with 1866 viewsGlyn1

But have we 'over achieved'? Norn Iron outplayed us, and Slovakia could have beaten us.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

5 - 3 - 2 on 00:26 - Jun 28 with 1830 viewsmonmouth

5 - 3 - 2 on 00:02 - Jun 28 by Glyn1

But have we 'over achieved'? Norn Iron outplayed us, and Slovakia could have beaten us.

Give it a rest. We've got exactly what we deserved from this tournament so far, and it's much more than the team on paper might have expected pre tournament. The overwhelming feeling on here was we'd get between 0-3 points if I remember right.

5 - 3 - 2 on 06:07 - Jun 28 with 1756 viewsjack247

I know what you mean. A bit like Greece didn't overachieve when they won it having been outplayed in most of their games.

We're in the quarter finals mun!
5 - 3 - 2 on 06:11 - Jun 28 with 1755 viewsjack247

532/352 could work well for us and I'm sure it's something Guidolin has looked at.

It would mean no Montero or Barrow. As much as I will defend Taylor, it probably means benching him as well. We would probably need a Rangel from 2 years ago and a Kingsey from a year or two in the future out wide, plus another ball playing centre back.
5 - 3 - 2 on 08:07 - Jun 28 with 1692 viewsairedale

Some talk about Swansea City AFC, while others talk about Wales.

I think Andy Murray will do it this year myself.
5 - 3 - 2 on 08:21 - Jun 28 with 1668 viewsClinton

The formation has potential, especially with decent wing backs, but Wales were overwhelmed by a poor England side playing that formation and lost that match.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

5 - 3 - 2 on 08:32 - Jun 28 with 1653 viewsmonmouth

5 - 3 - 2 on 08:21 - Jun 28 by Clinton

The formation has potential, especially with decent wing backs, but Wales were overwhelmed by a poor England side playing that formation and lost that match.

I'd hate to see us play without wingers.

It works for Wales because we have two things 1) No options and 2) Gareth Bale.

5 - 3 - 2 on 08:35 - Jun 28 with 1650 viewsPhaedrus

Slovakia could indeed have beaten us if they had outplayed us and scored more goals than us.
Also Russia could have beaten us if we hadn't torn them a new arissole.

FFS
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 8:36]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024