Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Taylor 01:29 - Jul 2 with 8039 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im watching the re-run of this game and im wondering who this guy at left back is? It certainly isnt the player who plays for us. I mean this guy gets forward, chucks in decent crosses and looks mildly creative.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Neil Taylor on 03:09 - Jul 2 with 7957 viewsnierika

Its amazing what one intl goal will do for one's confidence. :)
Neil Taylor on 09:19 - Jul 2 with 7699 viewsJango

Also amazing what a different set of tactics and instructions can do for a player
Neil Taylor on 09:21 - Jul 2 with 7689 viewsSwaneeRiver

Neil Taylor on 09:19 - Jul 2 by Jango

Also amazing what a different set of tactics and instructions can do for a player

Exactly. So much credit has to go to Coleman.
Most of these players are "average" yet they are playing like world beaters to a man
Neil Taylor on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 7676 viewsSwansNZ

I blame Monk.

And Guidolin.

And Rodgers

And Sousa

Edit. Maybe not Sousa, was he signed after his time?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 9:24]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Neil Taylor on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 7676 viewsbuilthjack

He's been given a free role down the left, knowing that the likes of Ben will cover for him when he gets forward. Simple.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Neil Taylor on 09:26 - Jul 2 with 7668 viewsmonmouth

Robson-Kanu's turn was amazing but the opportunity was created by Neil Taylor standing in the box. Like the defenders, I thought it was 100% certainty that R-K would lay the ball back to NT.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Neil Taylor on 09:33 - Jul 2 with 7648 viewsjasper_T

Neil Taylor on 09:24 - Jul 2 by builthjack

He's been given a free role down the left, knowing that the likes of Ben will cover for him when he gets forward. Simple.

I think it's more that he's always supported inside so he can pass back and doesn't have to beat people, and when he does go to cross we usually have at least two in the box and Gunter on the far side, so he doesn't have to be accurate.

Should have scored that first half chance, though.
Neil Taylor on 09:34 - Jul 2 with 7637 viewsSwansNZ

Neil Taylor on 09:26 - Jul 2 by monmouth

Robson-Kanu's turn was amazing but the opportunity was created by Neil Taylor standing in the box. Like the defenders, I thought it was 100% certainty that R-K would lay the ball back to NT.

Watched tha goal about 100 times, great turn and goal, and very amusing to watch all 3 defenders move to close down Taylor, while HRK went straight to goal.

Well done Taylor for being there.

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Taylor on 09:45 - Jul 2 with 7614 viewsBLAZE

Neil Taylor on 09:34 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

Watched tha goal about 100 times, great turn and goal, and very amusing to watch all 3 defenders move to close down Taylor, while HRK went straight to goal.

Well done Taylor for being there.

There you go, watch it another couple of hundred times

Neil Taylor on 09:47 - Jul 2 with 7599 viewsSwaneeRiver

Neil Taylor on 09:45 - Jul 2 by BLAZE

There you go, watch it another couple of hundred times

Help!!! I can't switch it off !
Neil Taylor on 09:50 - Jul 2 with 7579 viewsBLAZE

It's burned into my retinas now
Neil Taylor on 09:57 - Jul 2 with 7554 viewsSwansNZ

Neil Taylor on 09:50 - Jul 2 by BLAZE

It's burned into my retinas now

Neil Taylor on 16:55 - Jul 2 with 7295 viewsDafyddHuw

Neil Taylor on 09:24 - Jul 2 by builthjack

Yup. And that goal-line block early on was worth as much as scoring a goal.
Neil Taylor on 17:20 - Jul 2 with 7237 viewsHighjack

Neil Taylor on 09:24 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

I blame Monk.

And Guidolin.

And Rodgers

And Sousa

Edit. Maybe not Sousa, was he signed after his time?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 9:24]

Yeah Sousa had Bessone at LB

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Neil Taylor on 11:38 - Jul 3 with 6885 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Will Swansea play with a back three next season Amat Ferdames Williams wing backs Rangel and Taylor. Three in midfield plus a one of our wingers and a Centre forward if we can find one.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Neil Taylor on 12:04 - Jul 3 with 6841 viewsswancity

I think you'll find that he's playing in a different position for WAles where he's operating as a left wing back with a responsibility to get forward. Along with Gunter he's been excellent. But he's equally effective at left back when needed there. It's a totally different role isn't it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Neil Taylor on 12:13 - Jul 3 with 6823 viewstrampie

Neil Taylor on 11:38 - Jul 3 by felixstowe_jack

Will Swansea play with a back three next season Amat Ferdames Williams wing backs Rangel and Taylor. Three in midfield plus a one of our wingers and a Centre forward if we can find one.

I hope we do play that formation as Taylor and Williams are well versed in it with Wales and Rangel has played as a wide midfielder in front of the fullback on a few occasions, I think I heard that our current manager favours that formation.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Neil Taylor on 12:32 - Jul 3 with 6774 viewsgrabsplatter

Neil Taylor on 12:13 - Jul 3 by trampie

I hope we do play that formation as Taylor and Williams are well versed in it with Wales and Rangel has played as a wide midfielder in front of the fullback on a few occasions, I think I heard that our current manager favours that formation.

Wouldn't mind that formation but not sure we have the player's for it currently.
Rangel has been one of my favourite players but there's no way he has the energy to play in that role now
Neil Taylor on 12:56 - Jul 3 with 6722 viewstrampie

The system affects the defenders and typically there are only 4 defenders in a conventional set up and Swansea have 3 of them that can play it, Taylor, Williams and Rangel, Rangel will be replaced at some point anyway due to age [Legend, full respect, hope he stays as a coach or in some capacity], Amat and Fernandez are Catalan and Argentine perhaps they have played it in the past ?, Swansea have the personnel I would think to easily adapt to the system.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Neil Taylor on 15:02 - Jul 3 with 6633 viewsgrabsplatter

Rangel needs replacing now & not convinced that Naughton can do it but I take your point about the central defenders.
Neil Taylor on 15:06 - Jul 3 with 6619 viewsangryjack

still prefer kingsley
Neil Taylor on 15:12 - Jul 3 with 6601 viewsjasper_T

Neil Taylor on 11:38 - Jul 3 by felixstowe_jack

Doubtful. Every time Guidolin has been asked he has said we'll be playing a back 4.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024