Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spoilt 07:37 - Jul 2 with 2040 viewscsf

I've lived all of my football loving life as a Wycombe Wanderers supporting Englishman. I have an understanding of life in the lower leagues and failure at International tournaments.

I have a Welsh step-son who is sixteen. He's had a Swansea Premier league season ticket since the age of 11 and the first major tournament his national team gets to they get to the semi's, dare I say exceeding expectation!!
How do I explain to him so he gets it, that he is being totally spoilt and needs to make the most of these great days because they may not happen again for a long time??!!
Spoilt on 08:31 - Jul 2 with 1953 viewsSwaneeRiver

My fourteen year old is the same.
Has a ST yet when I say we're going to the Liberty today, he asks "Who are we playing?" and when I say "Man U (or whoever)" he tells me he'd rather stay at home on his effin computer games!!!!!!
Spoilt beyond belief these youngsters
Spoilt on 08:36 - Jul 2 with 1931 viewscsf

Spoilt on 08:31 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

Has a ST yet when I say we're going to the Liberty today, he asks "Who are we playing?" and when I say "Man U (or whoever)" he tells me he'd rather stay at home on his effin computer games!!!!!!

Glad I'm not the only one!! Last season was tough between us. The football wasn't great and the results were worse and he went off it. He's not the most cheerful of kids anyway so sitting with his miserable mug for 90 minutes was hard work!!!
Spoilt on 08:40 - Jul 2 with 1912 viewsSwaneeRiver

Spoilt on 08:36 - Jul 2 by csf

Glad I'm not the only one!! Last season was tough between us. The football wasn't great and the results were worse and he went off it. He's not the most cheerful of kids anyway so sitting with his miserable mug for 90 minutes was hard work!!!

Too right. I lost count of the number of times he was looking at other fans or worse at his phone. I could have cheerfully taken it and thrown it out of the stadium.
Spoilt on 08:53 - Jul 2 with 1864 viewsSwansNZ

Swans fans under 18 don't know anything but success.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Spoilt on 09:13 - Jul 2 with 1827 viewsSwaneeRiver

Spoilt on 08:53 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

Swans fans under 18 don't know anything but success.

This is the trouble.
If / when normal service is resumed and we go back to the Championship or worse, it'll hit them and they'll be wishing they'd enjoyed it while it was there
Spoilt on 09:16 - Jul 2 with 1805 viewsSwansNZ

Spoilt on 09:13 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

This is the trouble.
If / when normal service is resumed and we go back to the Championship or worse, it'll hit them and they'll be wishing they'd enjoyed it while it was there

They need to be aware of history - respect and understand it.

Being in the Championship is still sucess (although not from where we are today, of course).

Spoilt on 09:27 - Jul 2 with 1781 viewsSwaneeRiver

Spoilt on 09:16 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

They need to be aware of history - respect and understand it.

Being in the Championship is still sucess (although not from where we are today, of course).

Although I enjoyed the Tosh years, after we fell I just used to wish we could play a top team now and again in a cup competition. Rarely did it happen
The fact I can drive ten minutes down the road and watch some of the best players in the world is something I never take for granted.
With respect to the Championship, and as exciting as it is, nothing compares to the Premier League.
Spoilt on 09:31 - Jul 2 with 1760 viewsSwansNZ

Spoilt on 09:27 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

Although I enjoyed the Tosh years, after we fell I just used to wish we could play a top team now and again in a cup competition. Rarely did it happen
The fact I can drive ten minutes down the road and watch some of the best players in the world is something I never take for granted.
With respect to the Championship, and as exciting as it is, nothing compares to the Premier League.

Now we hope to get a lower team in the cup, but not too low, else it would be embarrassing if/when we lose.

Login to get fewer ads

Spoilt on 10:59 - Jul 2 with 1634 viewsMurph75

Spoilt on 09:31 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

Now we hope to get a lower team in the cup, but not too low, else it would be embarrassing if/when we lose.

Jeez, I'm glad some of you on here aren't my old fella. You miserable sods.
Spoilt on 11:51 - Jul 2 with 1573 viewsDafyddHuw

Spoilt on 08:31 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

Give him a few slaps, lock him up in the cupboard under the stairs for a few hours.

That'll learn him. Worked for Harold Shipman, and he turned out to be a doctor.
Spoilt on 12:08 - Jul 2 with 1541 viewsMurph75

Spoilt on 11:51 - Jul 2 by DafyddHuw

Give him a few slaps, lock him up in the cupboard under the stairs for a few hours.

That'll learn him. Worked for Harold Shipman, and he turned out to be a doctor.

And Harry Potter
Spoilt on 12:16 - Jul 2 with 1519 viewsDafyddHuw

Spoilt on 12:08 - Jul 2 by Murph75

And Harry Potter

Nah, Harold Shipman never turned out to be Harry Potter.
Spoilt on 12:51 - Jul 2 with 1466 viewsperchrockjack

I'm with Swanee.
It's the prem every time.

We really are the top and are staying put

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024