Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 09:46 - Jul 4 with 1732 viewsnice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:53]
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 09:47 - Jul 4 with 1726 viewsMurph75

Looks like he's also going to higher income tax.
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 09:53 - Jul 4 with 1709 viewsswanjackal

Two things with this:

1) Reducing it in recent past has had very little effect to bringing in significant business/industry.
2) You can lower it as much as you like, but as long as the bigger businesses keep withholding tax payments/paying below their agreed rate anyway, then this will put a bigger burden on the normal taxpayer to overcome the shortfall.

Good idea in principle it seems to attract business, but seems like a bit of a knee jerk decision. Osbourne seems to be winging everything at the moment, think he may have checked out mentally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) (n/t) on 10:05 - Jul 4 with 1691 viewsnice_to_michu

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 09:53 - Jul 4 by swanjackal

Two things with this:

1) Reducing it in recent past has had very little effect to bringing in significant business/industry.
2) You can lower it as much as you like, but as long as the bigger businesses keep withholding tax payments/paying below their agreed rate anyway, then this will put a bigger burden on the normal taxpayer to overcome the shortfall.

Good idea in principle it seems to attract business, but seems like a bit of a knee jerk decision. Osbourne seems to be winging everything at the moment, think he may have checked out mentally.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:53]
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:16 - Jul 4 with 1675 viewsmonmouth

Gideon doesn't give a shit anymore. Expect income tax rates of 23%/45% shortly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:17 - Jul 4 with 1673 viewsMurph75

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:16 - Jul 4 by monmouth

Gideon doesn't give a shit anymore. Expect income tax rates of 23%/45% shortly.

Can't wait for that along with the mass unemployment.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 10:18]
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:21 - Jul 4 with 1663 viewsmonmouth

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:17 - Jul 4 by Murph75

Can't wait for that along with the mass unemployment.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 10:18]

Personally I'd rather it all works out peachy, and we get the glowing joyous future that has been promised.

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:24 - Jul 4 with 1659 viewsMurph75

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:21 - Jul 4 by monmouth

Personally I'd rather it all works out peachy, and we get the glowing joyous future that has been promised.

Same here.

If it doesn't at least we've got our country back (not that it will be worth anything).
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 11:14 - Jul 4 with 1616 viewsEbo

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 10:24 - Jul 4 by Murph75

Same here.

If it doesn't at least we've got our country back (not that it will be worth anything).

Aye back to 1931...

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 11:18 - Jul 4 with 1607 viewsyescomeon

I guess there is a worry about big business packing it's bags and heading for Ireland?

Upthecity!

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) (n/t) on 13:10 - Jul 4 with 1549 viewsnice_to_michu

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 11:18 - Jul 4 by yescomeon

I guess there is a worry about big business packing it's bags and heading for Ireland?

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:54]
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 13:47 - Jul 4 with 1530 viewsmonmouth

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) (n/t) on 13:10 - Jul 4 by nice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:54]

Always has been though. Had to go to a number of board meetings out there to 'demonstrate' that the HQ was in Ireland. Tax laws are a joke for big business. Big issue now would be tariffs. Any hint of that and I'm sure Ireland will be touting like crazy and businesses will presumably be stampeding for a convenient eurozone base.

We are in a pretty precarious position. Needs very careful management and skilful piloting. I think the post mortems are pointless now, nobody knows the future, or what the alternative would have been, but I can't help but feel we have (inadvertently) pinned our hopes on gaining snowball support to develop a new european model with less union and more autonomy for all. If it works out it could be win-win. 'Europe' is also at a crossroads and maybe this will cause a good hard look in the mirror.

Nothing for it now but to wait and see if we are in shit or in clover.

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 14:04 - Jul 4 with 1515 viewsItchySphincter

This wouldn't happen for a few years but if it did it would be good for me, as would a cut of 0.25% in the base rate of interest. Maybe we should consider scrapping altogether and having all income taxed at 20% instead, including dividends.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 14:32 - Jul 4 with 1502 viewspikeypaul

Income tax rates are to low at the moment, I hope to see them rise soon,Perfect time for Osbourne to do it since there is no opposition party of any relevance,he can just blame it on the Brexit vote like he will blame everything negative he does in the next 3 years on anyway.

With record low inflation and virtual free money being thrown at us by the banks,along with our share portfolios soaring in value since the Brexit vote,and those with mortgages paying next to nothing on the borrowing a income tax rise should be affordable to most.

How else are the government going to pay our pensions? We can't let the Ponzi scheme fail and the young and middle age need to pay into it for the oldies.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 14:41]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 20:45 - Jul 4 with 1438 viewsKerouac

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 13:47 - Jul 4 by monmouth

Always has been though. Had to go to a number of board meetings out there to 'demonstrate' that the HQ was in Ireland. Tax laws are a joke for big business. Big issue now would be tariffs. Any hint of that and I'm sure Ireland will be touting like crazy and businesses will presumably be stampeding for a convenient eurozone base.

We are in a pretty precarious position. Needs very careful management and skilful piloting. I think the post mortems are pointless now, nobody knows the future, or what the alternative would have been, but I can't help but feel we have (inadvertently) pinned our hopes on gaining snowball support to develop a new european model with less union and more autonomy for all. If it works out it could be win-win. 'Europe' is also at a crossroads and maybe this will cause a good hard look in the mirror.

Nothing for it now but to wait and see if we are in shit or in clover.

I've been considering that exact scenario for a few weeks now, it could pan out that way.

If they gave us a fair deal I would accept.
If they try to play hardball I would wait patiently and allow all of Europe to see how their representatives are behaving.
I'd then make sure that we tailor what we say for our 'dissatisfied with the EU audience'....wait, watch...then put out the feelers both to sympathetic governments and to anti-EU opposition parties who look like they have a chance.

Tick-tock

Are you goig to let us out of this political union with a sensible trade deal or shall we set up our own economic bloc and take some of your member states with us...

tick tock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 20:59 - Jul 4 with 1407 viewslondonlisa2001

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 20:45 - Jul 4 by Kerouac

I've been considering that exact scenario for a few weeks now, it could pan out that way.

If they gave us a fair deal I would accept.
If they try to play hardball I would wait patiently and allow all of Europe to see how their representatives are behaving.
I'd then make sure that we tailor what we say for our 'dissatisfied with the EU audience'....wait, watch...then put out the feelers both to sympathetic governments and to anti-EU opposition parties who look like they have a chance.

Tick-tock

Are you goig to let us out of this political union with a sensible trade deal or shall we set up our own economic bloc and take some of your member states with us...

tick tock.

So you, a self proclaimed Lib Dem, want to 'tailor our message' to those that are sympathetic, dissatisfied with the EU or anti EU parties? People like Le Pen for example and those that support her?

Fantastic.
George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 21:06 - Jul 4 with 1392 viewsmax936

I love the fact people are welcoming a rise in income tax, your salary must be more than adequate then, some of us aren't so lucky just a thought for you, but I and others pay enough tax thank you very much, we're taxed to death in this country.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 21:37 - Jul 4 with 1371 viewsKerouac

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 20:59 - Jul 4 by londonlisa2001

So you, a self proclaimed Lib Dem, want to 'tailor our message' to those that are sympathetic, dissatisfied with the EU or anti EU parties? People like Le Pen for example and those that support her?

Fantastic.

Well what I want is to be allowed to leave the political union (sneaked in through the backdoor) that UK citizens never voted for and for our neighbours to respect that decision.

What I want is to continue trading with each other and cooperating in the areas that we wish to in a civilized manner.

BUT

If our neighbours do not wish to do this, if they seek to punish us for daring to make a decision concerning our future FOR OURSELVES as a SOVEREIGN nation...
If they wish to behave spitefully, attempting to impoverish us and our children (as some of them have so joyously made clear)...
then they have made themselves my, and I believe our, enemy.
In which case, fuk 'em.

We haven't created Le Pen. The far right was always present in France. - Not our responsibility.
We haven't created the surge of anti-EU sentiment within the EU. Brussels has. - Not our responsibility.
We didn't force upon the Eurozone a currency without first creating fiscal union. European leaders and their elites did. - Not our responsibility.

The UK has ALWAYS argued for a looser arrangement. Our emphasis was always on trade not building a super state. This is not news to anybody, we opted out of many EU "moves".
They chose not to listen to us, they have created a mess, and now the choice for many EU states is a Hobson's choice...they are in a position where there is little option but further integration which many citizens of Europe do not want.
You wish to make out that it is only the far right who do not want further EU integration but that is not true is it now?

If they want to play hardball and make themselves our enemy in these circumstances, more fool them.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 21:41]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 22:20 - Jul 4 with 1334 viewslonglostjack

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 21:37 - Jul 4 by Kerouac

Well what I want is to be allowed to leave the political union (sneaked in through the backdoor) that UK citizens never voted for and for our neighbours to respect that decision.

What I want is to continue trading with each other and cooperating in the areas that we wish to in a civilized manner.

BUT

If our neighbours do not wish to do this, if they seek to punish us for daring to make a decision concerning our future FOR OURSELVES as a SOVEREIGN nation...
If they wish to behave spitefully, attempting to impoverish us and our children (as some of them have so joyously made clear)...
then they have made themselves my, and I believe our, enemy.
In which case, fuk 'em.

We haven't created Le Pen. The far right was always present in France. - Not our responsibility.
We haven't created the surge of anti-EU sentiment within the EU. Brussels has. - Not our responsibility.
We didn't force upon the Eurozone a currency without first creating fiscal union. European leaders and their elites did. - Not our responsibility.

The UK has ALWAYS argued for a looser arrangement. Our emphasis was always on trade not building a super state. This is not news to anybody, we opted out of many EU "moves".
They chose not to listen to us, they have created a mess, and now the choice for many EU states is a Hobson's choice...they are in a position where there is little option but further integration which many citizens of Europe do not want.
You wish to make out that it is only the far right who do not want further EU integration but that is not true is it now?

If they want to play hardball and make themselves our enemy in these circumstances, more fool them.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 21:41]

Well the feeling here in Germany is one of complete astonishment. The U.K. had a rebate and so many opt outs yet access to the internal market with all the benefits. Sure the EU isn't perfect and they are very well aware of that. Above all the feeling is they've lost an ally. There is a sense of resignation too - along the lines of "you make you're bed and you lie in it." The U.K. chose not to stand up for what they believe in by fighting for a more pragmatic EU on the inside. They are now powerless to change anything and will end up with a far worse deal on the outside. Two words words sum up mainstream German opinion - bafflement and sadness.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 12:10 - Jul 5 with 1262 viewsItchySphincter

George Osborne will lower corporation tax to 15% (down from 20%) on 22:20 - Jul 4 by longlostjack

Well the feeling here in Germany is one of complete astonishment. The U.K. had a rebate and so many opt outs yet access to the internal market with all the benefits. Sure the EU isn't perfect and they are very well aware of that. Above all the feeling is they've lost an ally. There is a sense of resignation too - along the lines of "you make you're bed and you lie in it." The U.K. chose not to stand up for what they believe in by fighting for a more pragmatic EU on the inside. They are now powerless to change anything and will end up with a far worse deal on the outside. Two words words sum up mainstream German opinion - bafflement and sadness.

Being as the charge was led by inadequate buffoonery it's hardly surprising they now view us with pity.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024