Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ 14:35 - Jul 4 with 3009 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When C.E.T.A. has already been negotiated and signed!

Read this piece on it from the Guardian and then the reaction further down this page fro the international officer of the GMB. Scary stuff and Cameron is (well actually was) hell bent on implementing this here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/30/ttip-trade-deal-agreements

"In terms of transferring power from countries to corporations, the CETA is every bit as bad as TTIP and contains a version of the thoroughly discredited investor state dispute settlement mechanism that allows big companies to sue governments in parallel courts if their rent-seeking activities are curtailed by legislation protecting public services.

Some 85% of US firms have subsidiaries in Canada, thus giving them access to Europe via CETA. Moreover, the US, Canada and Mexico have their own North American Free Trade Agreement, and under “most favoured nation” commitments, the EU deal with Canada could effectively be bound by its rules, including an even worse ISDS clause.

If this were not bad enough, EU-Canada negotiators are pushing for ways to effect a “provisional implementation” of CETA without a vote in either the European parliament or the legislature of any EU member state. And should that approach fail, the Trade in Services Agreement, currently being negotiated by the European commission, the US and 19 other countries, will eliminate what is left of member states’ ability to decide their own economic destiny".
Bert Schouwenburg
International officer, GMB

I have posted this in response to the "lies by the leavers" thread and I think the remain campaign's lack of information (or disinformation which I think both sides were guilty of BTW) has affected their judgement also .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 18:42 - Jul 4 with 2935 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I'm not sure now if remain are for big business overriding government ? It's a complicated scenario for sure.

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 19:12 - Jul 4 with 2880 viewsharryhpalmer

Not sure what this has to do with leave or stay.

Fact is the Tory government are looking to ratify it regardless of the opposition to it in some European countries, which would block it being implemented in the EU.

As there is a great deal of opposition to TTIP.

Both, in their current form are disasters, whether we are in the EU or not.

And if we are out, we have less of a negotiating position. if we want access to the US market, then we'll have to touch our toes to get it! Which means TTIP with knobs on.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 23:18 - Jul 4 with 2788 viewslonglostjack

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 19:12 - Jul 4 by harryhpalmer

Fact is the Tory government are looking to ratify it regardless of the opposition to it in some European countries, which would block it being implemented in the EU.

And if we are out, we have less of a negotiating position. if we want access to the US market, then we'll have to touch our toes to get it! Which means TTIP with knobs on.

This. The French would never have signed up to TTIP and German politicians are on record as saying that the US were intansigient in the negotiations. But now we can rely on the Tories to stand up to big business and strike a better deal for the little guy. FFS!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 23:23 - Jul 4 with 2776 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 19:12 - Jul 4 by harryhpalmer

The point I was making was that if the UK (Tory) government wanted to being it in at least the opposition could block it.
We're back of the queue for any trade with the U.S. apparently but I get your point.
I wouldn't worry, the EU will probably declare the referendum illegal anyway so we'll get it without knobs on. Isn't it great how big business owns all of us now. Actually no, it's sh*t.

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 23:32 - Jul 4 with 2765 viewsKerouac

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 23:18 - Jul 4 by longlostjack

This. The French would never have signed up to TTIP and German politicians are on record as saying that the US were intansigient in the negotiations. But now we can rely on the Tories to stand up to big business and strike a better deal for the little guy. FFS!

If we don't like it we can vote for a different government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 23:34 - Jul 4 with 2759 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And there was I worried about TTIP............................................ on 23:18 - Jul 4 by longlostjack

Any opposition would soon melt away in the EU if the price was right. I simply don't have any faith in the EU as an institution of social progress. Just look at how much lobbying is done by corporations to get ammendments to anything they want via the EU parliament.
The Americans have been at it in Brussels for a long time.
Quite an interesting video (long I know but bear with it) on the way corporate blueprints for Economic "liberation" find themselves copied and pasted as EU directives.

It's made by the same people who came out with the book EU INC - f*ck all to do with UKIP
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 23:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024