Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good business, potentially 01:59 - Jul 13 with 4005 viewssully49

Could be a positive addition in a much needed area of squad particularly if it comes off, as it appears that Gomis and Ayew have played their last game for us.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/12/swansea-set-to-launch-10m-bid-for

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Good business, potentially on 02:38 - Jul 13 with 3982 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm all about it. For £10 million in the current climate we're getting a proven PL striker who plays to our strengths. Nice lad too and seems people are forgetting the situation we currently find ourselves in when criticising this potential move.

Let's face the facts. There are much worse options and if we ARE getting £25 to £40 million for Ayew (as initial reports are leading us to believe) I'd say that's bloody brilliant business. There'll be more than Ulloa to look forward to that's for sure.
Good business, potentially on 05:33 - Jul 13 with 3935 viewsGroo

erm... because we are looking at a striker, the paper supposes we are getting rid of Ayew?

The fact if Gomis goes, as likely, we ONLY have Ayew left, why the hell they make such an assumption?

Groo does what Groo does best

Good business, potentially on 07:32 - Jul 13 with 3827 viewsshandyjack

Please God no, much better out there for £10/12m. Can't see Hiw spending that on an over 30 player

Poll: Expectation for the season

Good business, potentially on 07:50 - Jul 13 with 3754 viewsSwaneeRiver

Good business, potentially on 07:32 - Jul 13 by shandyjack

Please God no, much better out there for £10/12m. Can't see Hiw spending that on an over 30 player

What's with writing off players over 30 ?
Lots of good years left in him yet
Good business, potentially on 07:53 - Jul 13 with 3744 viewsgiantstoneater

Emnes and Gomis look to be going,Eder and Paloschi have already gone and we will sell our top goalscorer and bring in a Leicester City benchman for Ten million doesn't sound good to me has anyone actually put in a bid for Ayew? I would have thought it better we keep him get Siggy signed up and add a proven goalscorer if we can, Ulloa would be an expensive addition scored two against us I know but what's his record like since being at Leicester?
Good business, potentially on 08:14 - Jul 13 with 3677 viewsshandyjack

Good business, potentially on 07:50 - Jul 13 by SwaneeRiver

What's with writing off players over 30 ?
Lots of good years left in him yet

Well Leicester seem to have written him off, he runs in treacle as it is,will only get slower. 2 full seasons in the PL,17 goals in 66 games. For £10m plus I want my Cf to get 15 goals in one season

Poll: Expectation for the season

Good business, potentially on 08:23 - Jul 13 with 3638 viewsGowerjack

Good business, potentially on 08:14 - Jul 13 by shandyjack

Well Leicester seem to have written him off, he runs in treacle as it is,will only get slower. 2 full seasons in the PL,17 goals in 66 games. For £10m plus I want my Cf to get 15 goals in one season

Yep.

If true shows a dramatic lack of ambition by the club.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Good business, potentially on 08:42 - Jul 13 with 3582 viewsMorfa_Same

Selling Paloschi for £6m, Eder for £3m and paying £10m for Ulloa doesn't seem like good business to me, although to be fair his goalscoring record is decent enough.

This link continues the summer's trend of us being linked with players who are tidy enough, but will not improve us. More imagination and ambition is required if we're going to avoid another dogfight next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Good business, potentially on 08:49 - Jul 13 with 3559 viewsperchrockjack

Might be we re setting a trend by playing with no strikers.
Madness.

Absolute suicide.

Player in player out

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Good business, potentially on 08:56 - Jul 13 with 3534 viewscrix

Good business, potentially on 08:42 - Jul 13 by Morfa_Same

Selling Paloschi for £6m, Eder for £3m and paying £10m for Ulloa doesn't seem like good business to me, although to be fair his goalscoring record is decent enough.

This link continues the summer's trend of us being linked with players who are tidy enough, but will not improve us. More imagination and ambition is required if we're going to avoid another dogfight next season.

ok Ulloa seems a hard worker and all, but seriously if we are aiming to replace paloschi, eder (and also gomis and ayew if theres anything in the report) with him we are going to be in serious trouble. its back to the HRK idea, ok they may both be decent 3rd choice back ups, but seriously are either of them going to bang in around the 20 goals a season mark that's needed from a first choice striker... I don't think so.
Good business, potentially on 08:59 - Jul 13 with 3519 viewscrix

Good business, potentially on 08:49 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

Might be we re setting a trend by playing with no strikers.
Madness.

Absolute suicide.

Player in player out

perch I don't agree with much you say on here;) but with this my friend I stand with you shoulder to shoulder.
Good business, potentially on 09:01 - Jul 13 with 3495 viewsperchrockjack

Well, it's all about opinion,is it not.

Username is simply just thst.

As it is now, I challenge anyone to be upbeat and those doubts with the yanks I didn't necessary share I do now.

The season is just around the corner and we recin bad shape, although I ll be corrected soon.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Good business, potentially on 09:08 - Jul 13 with 3470 viewscrix

Good business, potentially on 09:01 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

As it is now, I challenge anyone to be upbeat and those doubts with the yanks I didn't necessary share I do now.

The season is just around the corner and we recin bad shape, although I ll be corrected soon.

true, true it is that.

I'm just hoping we have a cunning plan we are waiting to implement, my fear is its going to be something straight from the blackadder playbook.
Good business, potentially (n/t) on 09:16 - Jul 13 with 3440 viewsjasonbromham

Good business, potentially on 09:08 - Jul 13 by crix

true, true it is that.

I'm just hoping we have a cunning plan we are waiting to implement, my fear is its going to be something straight from the blackadder playbook.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 9:18]
Good business, potentially on 09:18 - Jul 13 with 3433 viewsjasonbromham

I like Ulloa, he is a good player. At 30 in a few weeks though he doesn't have much time ahead of him. Also 10 million is very steep. If we could get him for around 5-6 million then that wouldn't be bad business. Selling Ayew at this stage on the other hand would be catastrophic.
Good business, potentially on 09:26 - Jul 13 with 3411 viewsmonmouth

Good business, potentially on 09:01 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

I'm not sure we are currently in bad shape Perch. We're pretty much, bar a Paloschi, in the same shape as we were during our excellent last 10 games of the season. We obviously need a couple of key positions filled for depth and you have to hope that will happen. We're only in really bad shape if you believe Ayew and Ki will leave and no one else will come in. I think I'd say that we currently could be in better shape.

But, yeah, I'm most certainly not feeling upbeat about anything to do with my club at the moment. A bit overdramatic but it's starting to feel less like 'we' and more like 'them'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Good business, potentially on 09:28 - Jul 13 with 3409 viewsEasternJack

Ulloa? Not for me. There are better (and younger) prospects for that sort of £

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Good business, potentially on 10:30 - Jul 13 with 3288 viewsblaine_scfc

Selling Ayew would be a mistake if you ask me. Proven he can score goals in this league and will be even better next year.

Sounds obvious, but the need to improve our starting XI this year is greater than ever before, I would like to see 4 x signings to come in, Joey Allen, a right back, winger and a striker. Keeping fingers crossed.
Good business, potentially on 10:32 - Jul 13 with 3283 viewsdobjack2

Good business, potentially on 09:26 - Jul 13 by monmouth

I'm not sure we are currently in bad shape Perch. We're pretty much, bar a Paloschi, in the same shape as we were during our excellent last 10 games of the season. We obviously need a couple of key positions filled for depth and you have to hope that will happen. We're only in really bad shape if you believe Ayew and Ki will leave and no one else will come in. I think I'd say that we currently could be in better shape.

But, yeah, I'm most certainly not feeling upbeat about anything to do with my club at the moment. A bit overdramatic but it's starting to feel less like 'we' and more like 'them'.

It all smacks of the "we don't need to do much to the squad" pronouncements from the end of last season.

Fer for shelvey; ulloa and someone cheap for Eder and paloschi. Add in the money we paid for paloschi in the first place and fee wise it is somewhere near balancing out.

Get part of gomis' wages off the books along with Bartley and we've brought in van Der hoorn.

One marquee signing (Joe?) keep everyone else and strengthen the development squad.

All done without outside investment.

No expansion for the time being, no major investment in the squad.

Hopefully I've got it all wrong and there is a master plan to be unveiled, but at the moment it is not clear what benefit the share sale is bringing to the club, squad or supporters as opposed to the benefit it is having for certain shareholders.

As you say it will start unraveling big time if ki and ayew go.
Good business, potentially on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 3220 viewsDafyddHuw

Good business, potentially on 10:30 - Jul 13 by blaine_scfc

Selling Ayew would be a mistake if you ask me. Proven he can score goals in this league and will be even better next year.

Sounds obvious, but the need to improve our starting XI this year is greater than ever before, I would like to see 4 x signings to come in, Joey Allen, a right back, winger and a striker. Keeping fingers crossed.

Exactly. Even if he wants to go (as opposed to saying he wants to go, just to get a pay rise), doesn't mean we have to sell.
Good business, potentially on 15:37 - Jul 13 with 3051 viewsmrsoto

Could be a good option to have when Swansea wants to go more direct. I could see him getting at the end of crosses by Montero or Kingsley. Could benefit the set pieces as well with his physical presence. I think Bolanos will probably be the first option, though.
Good business, potentially on 15:44 - Jul 13 with 3034 viewsClinton

We shouldnt be shipping out Ayew now.
Season starts in a month, any new boys will hardly have chance to get their feet under the table.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Good business, potentially on 17:01 - Jul 13 with 2914 viewsAnotherJohn

Some scary stories around at the moment. I was hoping that the flirtation with relegation last season would have convinced the powers that we need to get in some quality signings - particularly a goal scorer. No sign of that so far.
Good business, potentially on 18:32 - Jul 13 with 2790 viewsGriffting

We don't need anymore attacking options leaving once Gomis goes. We need to keep Ayew in this window definitely.

Regarding Ulloa, one positive is that doesn't rely on pace and explosive power so his age shouldn't be a problem. Think we could aim higher, though.
Good business, potentially on 19:20 - Jul 13 with 2705 viewsLandore_Jack

Good business, potentially on 17:01 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

Some scary stories around at the moment. I was hoping that the flirtation with relegation last season would have convinced the powers that we need to get in some quality signings - particularly a goal scorer. No sign of that so far.

Right back as well.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 19:29]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024