Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen to Stoke? 21:09 - Jul 20 with 50277 viewsJango

Gone into odds on to join Stoke with a few links on Twitter reporting a bid rising to £13.5million has been accepted by liverpool
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:10]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:12 - Jul 20 with 9739 viewsmonmouth

Oh f**k. Look out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:13 - Jul 20 with 9725 viewsraynor94

Looks like we won't match Liverpool's valuation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:22 - Jul 20 with 9612 viewsmorningstar

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:13 - Jul 20 by raynor94

Looks like we won't match Liverpool's valuation

Good. He's not worth £14m to us. As to how the rest of it pans out then fvck knows?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:24 - Jul 20 with 9582 viewsFlashberryjack

Be gutted if that's true, my usually reliable informant told me he was definitely coming to the swans, also told me that if Joey didn't come here, one of our first choice players would be leaving.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:27 - Jul 20 with 9553 viewsSwansea93

13M for someone who's in the last year of his contract and wasn't playing any games last season for Liverpool, has a good tournament and suddenly his price is inflated, 2M less than what Liverpool payed for him they're laughing.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

N/A. on 21:51 - Jul 20 with 9306 viewsHuw57

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:27 - Jul 20 by Swansea93

13M for someone who's in the last year of his contract and wasn't playing any games last season for Liverpool, has a good tournament and suddenly his price is inflated, 2M less than what Liverpool payed for him they're laughing.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:17]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:58 - Jul 20 with 9225 viewsDarran

£13 million five year contract no brainer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:00 - Jul 20 with 9194 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 21:58 - Jul 20 by Darran

£13 million five year contract no brainer.

You'd think so wouldn't you?
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:00 - Jul 20 with 9192 viewsSwansea93

We probably could of bought him for 6M January just gone.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:02 - Jul 20 with 9154 viewsblaine_scfc

This would be a kick in the teeth if he goes there.

I can understand people's concerns regarding the price tag, but that's the market we are in. We are on about paying over double the amount Spurs paid for Chadli and he has done nothing.

Allen is a perfect player for us in my opinion.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:05 - Jul 20 with 9107 viewsJango

£13 million for a brilliant player who will probably be at the heart of our midfield for the next 7/8 years. I can't understand why people wouldn't want him back.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:07 - Jul 20 with 9073 viewsmagicdaps10

15M for Chadli, 13M for Allen.

Regardless of what position we need, this is a opportunity for us to strengthen for now and for a few years to come, taking into account todays market then this is a no brainer.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:08 - Jul 20 with 9074 viewsdobjack2

As we are on record as wanting him it is a sign of where we are going, or not going if he doesn't come here.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:10 - Jul 20 with 9045 viewsblaine_scfc

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:07 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

15M for Chadli, 13M for Allen.

Regardless of what position we need, this is a opportunity for us to strengthen for now and for a few years to come, taking into account todays market then this is a no brainer.

Agree on Allen.

Would pay £8mil tops for Chadli.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:10 - Jul 20 with 9046 viewsKGriz16

£13m for a long term replacement for Leon. I thought it was almost a done deal for Joe to come back here to Swansea. Obviously not, getting quite a bit annoyed now at the lack of activity with transfers and the "take over"
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:13 - Jul 20 with 8996 viewsPozuelosSideys

Meh, way overpriced. Lets look outside England please

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 8954 viewsblaine_scfc

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:13 - Jul 20 by PozuelosSideys

We haven't got a Laudrup anymore who can pluck these players out of nowhere on the continent. I just think Joey is a risk free signing, we have seen him doing it in this league for us, obviously Liverpool didn't work out as well as it could have, but I can guarantee he would come back a better player than the one that left.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 8938 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:13 - Jul 20 by PozuelosSideys

Yeah like a Paloschi or a Schecter or a Vasquez or a Gomis or an Eder
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 8936 viewsDyfnant

Doesn't mean we have to match it. He can just refuse to go there and sit tight until January. Pre contract for him then with a huge signing bonus, he has all the power right now.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:21 - Jul 20 with 8865 viewsPozuelosSideys

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:16 - Jul 20 by blaine_scfc

We haven't got a Laudrup anymore who can pluck these players out of nowhere on the continent. I just think Joey is a risk free signing, we have seen him doing it in this league for us, obviously Liverpool didn't work out as well as it could have, but I can guarantee he would come back a better player than the one that left.

Agreed, undoubtedly he is a better player now, but would he even appear on our radar if he was Polish and playing for Southampton for example? Im not so sure. Our scouting is still woeful though, youre right.

Dont fancy that sort of player being our record signing either, especially given our striker predicament. No doubt people will say "oh but they are the prices now due to the tv deal", but thats bollox imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 8841 viewsPozuelosSideys

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:17 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

Yeah like a Paloschi or a Schecter or a Vasquez or a Gomis or an Eder

Or a Michu or a Rangel or a Sigurdsson etc. Swings and roundabouts

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:23 - Jul 20 with 8811 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:17 - Jul 20 by Dyfnant

Doesn't mean we have to match it. He can just refuse to go there and sit tight until January. Pre contract for him then with a huge signing bonus, he has all the power right now.

Well we better have the right guys keeping this in his mind.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:27 - Jul 20 with 8762 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:22 - Jul 20 by PozuelosSideys

Or a Michu or a Rangel or a Sigurdsson etc. Swings and roundabouts

Not recently it hasn't been and Sigurdsson has spent the majority of his career in Britain so I don't think he counts.

We need to spend money on quality, even if it means missing out on 'fillers' - how much more money are we going to waste on players who may come good but don't?
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:31 - Jul 20 with 8706 viewsPozuelosSideys

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:27 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

Not recently it hasn't been and Sigurdsson has spent the majority of his career in Britain so I don't think he counts.

We need to spend money on quality, even if it means missing out on 'fillers' - how much more money are we going to waste on players who may come good but don't?

Not denying we need to spend money - i agree. But do we really want to spend what is likely to be about half of our transfer kitty on a midfielder who isnt particularly creative in the final third? Id rather spend elsewhere on the squad. We look like we're going to struggle to create and score looking at our squad so far. We're ok for midfielders too with Cork, Ki, Fer, Britton playing for those 2 slots.

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:33 - Jul 20 with 8669 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:31 - Jul 20 by PozuelosSideys

Not denying we need to spend money - i agree. But do we really want to spend what is likely to be about half of our transfer kitty on a midfielder who isnt particularly creative in the final third? Id rather spend elsewhere on the squad. We look like we're going to struggle to create and score looking at our squad so far. We're ok for midfielders too with Cork, Ki, Fer, Britton playing for those 2 slots.

It's fine if the money was spent wisely elsewhere but in recent years it hasn't been
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024