Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did you know 02:17 - Jul 24 with 5325 viewswhiterock

That there were 1074 there today
Routledge is an option up top
Oli Mac wears schoolboys shin pads
That Joe is on the cards and Mitrovic will be our marquee signing
And Nelson Olivera will be our next Marvin
Did you know on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 3299 viewslondonlisa2001

The Oliveira bit is interesting - there was a whisper a few weeks ago that Vasquez was coming back, but it may have been 'striker we had on loan' and someone got the wrong end of the stick.

If we're talking back up forwards, I think I'd prefer HRK to Oliveira, although he wasn't as bad as some of the ones we've had here. Was it at Newcastle he scored?
Did you know on 12:44 - Jul 24 with 3265 viewsLoyal

Nelson should never have gone, superb striker, strong in the air and direct. Not sure why our player spotter HJ let him go.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Did you know on 13:33 - Jul 24 with 3160 viewskyswans

Oliveria, like so many others during his time here, wasn't utilized properly.

Didn't get the goals as a sub but always gave 100% and was solid on the ball. I'd welcome him back.
Did you know on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 3107 viewsicecoldjack

Oliviera would be a decent back up, a season in the championship would have done him the world of good too. Never let us down, decent player IMO.

We need a top class striker though I can see Ayew playing there myself.
Did you know on 13:52 - Jul 24 with 3096 viewsjack247

Routledge is an option in a 3 man attack if they are changing positions. The timing and vision on his runs are the best in the club by a long way. Great composed finish yesterday, he still really needs to improve on that aspect if he is going to get goals though.
Did you know on 13:53 - Jul 24 with 3088 viewsPozuelosSideys

looooool at pretty much all of the OP except the first thing.

Routledge as a striker. FME.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Did you know on 14:21 - Jul 24 with 2999 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did you know on 13:53 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

looooool at pretty much all of the OP except the first thing.

Routledge as a striker. FME.

I'll tell you something - I wouldn't be surprised if he did start banging them in if we stuck him in the middle of a three man front line with Montero and Mo either side of him and Ayew/Siggy behind .

He's got pace, composure, reads the game well and certainly can finish.

It amazes me the number of fans who don't rate him. He's been one of the top three consistent players we've had at any time since he's been here!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Did you know on 14:23 - Jul 24 with 2988 viewsClinton

I like Routs, he gets in good posiitons but he missed quite a few good chances last year. One-on-ones where he just put it past the post. One or two where a Defoe-type would have buried it. On the other hand if he really has got his scoring boots on now and he can prove it in the league, he could be very valuable this season.
Oli Mac wears kids shinpads because his legs are as thin as Gandhi's. A lot of potential there, mind, he needs to get a bit of meat on those bones.
Nelson has a good touch on the ball, I wouldnt mind seeing him return as a back-up. Forest were struggling badly last season, with problems in the boardrrom, but he still got a few for them.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Did you know on 14:36 - Jul 24 with 2939 viewsjack247

Did you know on 14:21 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I'll tell you something - I wouldn't be surprised if he did start banging them in if we stuck him in the middle of a three man front line with Montero and Mo either side of him and Ayew/Siggy behind .

He's got pace, composure, reads the game well and certainly can finish.

It amazes me the number of fans who don't rate him. He's been one of the top three consistent players we've had at any time since he's been here!

I think he would be better in one of the wider roles. His strength is making runs that defenders don't see and being through on goal out of nowhere. That's harder to do as a central striker. Could be very effective running onto Gylfis through balls, particularly if we sign Allen too.

He can finish well, but he needs to get more consistent with it. Most of his shots are side foot efforts designed to wrong foot the keeper. Looks great when it works, like Arsenal and yesterday, but more often he just rolls the ball to the keeper or wide.

Agree completely though, I'm amazed at how many of our fans don't rate him.
Did you know on 14:41 - Jul 24 with 2907 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd be happy with Mitrovic, Allen and Oliveria
Did you know on 14:41 - Jul 24 with 2904 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did you know on 14:36 - Jul 24 by jack247

I think he would be better in one of the wider roles. His strength is making runs that defenders don't see and being through on goal out of nowhere. That's harder to do as a central striker. Could be very effective running onto Gylfis through balls, particularly if we sign Allen too.

He can finish well, but he needs to get more consistent with it. Most of his shots are side foot efforts designed to wrong foot the keeper. Looks great when it works, like Arsenal and yesterday, but more often he just rolls the ball to the keeper or wide.

Agree completely though, I'm amazed at how many of our fans don't rate him.

Yes, maybe an interchangeable front three of those I just mentioned. Or an interchangeable front 5 with those 3 with the addition of Gylfi and Ayew

If Kevin Keegan picked SCFC football teams eh lol..................
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 14:42]

Did you know on 14:51 - Jul 24 with 2851 viewsjack247

Did you know on 14:41 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes, maybe an interchangeable front three of those I just mentioned. Or an interchangeable front 5 with those 3 with the addition of Gylfi and Ayew

If Kevin Keegan picked SCFC football teams eh lol..................
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 14:42]

From our current squad, I'd be playing Ayew up front with either Montero on the left or Barrow on the right, Routledge on the opposite side. Gylfi just behind with two midfielders dropped back. Front three would definitely interchange though.

Wouldn't be easy to defend against
Did you know on 15:54 - Jul 24 with 2692 viewsjasper_T

Routledge is a really poor finisher.
Did you know on 15:56 - Jul 24 with 2683 viewsmonmouth

Did you know on 15:54 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

Routledge is a really poor finisher.

Certainly is. Extraordinarily poor.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Did you know on 16:19 - Jul 24 with 2604 viewsjasper_T

Now post the clips of the dozen one on ones he missed in a row before that.
Did you know on 16:21 - Jul 24 with 2589 viewsItchySphincter

Did you know on 15:56 - Jul 24 by monmouth

He generally is a poor finisher but that's not to say there can't be the odd exceptions. One of the best footballers at the club, he sees a lot of the ball because he has a good brain but finishing has always been his biggest weakness.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Did you know on 16:25 - Jul 24 with 2571 viewsJango

Did you know on 15:56 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Come on mun, he's a terrible finisher. He works hard and makes some great runs opening up space. But for a top half premier league team, which is where we are aiming to be consistently, he's nowhere near good enough. Certainly not up front!!
Did you know on 16:27 - Jul 24 with 2557 viewsicecoldjack

Did you know on 16:21 - Jul 24 by ItchySphincter

He generally is a poor finisher but that's not to say there can't be the odd exceptions. One of the best footballers at the club, he sees a lot of the ball because he has a good brain but finishing has always been his biggest weakness.

It's a pleasure to be in total agreement with you!

Good pro and one of our most skillful players .
Did you know on 17:14 - Jul 24 with 2435 viewsjack247

Did you know on 16:19 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

Now post the clips of the dozen one on ones he missed in a row before that.

Post clips of anyone else in our squad who has got themselves into one on one positions a dozen times.
Did you know on 17:19 - Jul 24 with 2403 viewsJango

Did you know on 17:14 - Jul 24 by jack247

Post clips of anyone else in our squad who has got themselves into one on one positions a dozen times.

A dozen times in 5 years yes.
Did you know on 17:22 - Jul 24 with 2388 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did you know on 17:19 - Jul 24 by Jango

B*llocks. don't talk sh*t mun

Did you know on 17:23 - Jul 24 with 2377 viewsjack247

Did you know on 17:19 - Jul 24 by Jango

In a fluid frontline dragging defenders out of position and with Gylfi threading balls through, he will get more than his fair share of one on ones. Yes, he will probably miss most of them, but he won't miss them all.

If we set up like we did for the last couple of games, I wouldn't mind betting he will score more than Barrow or Montero. The formation is perfect for him.
Did you know on 17:25 - Jul 24 with 2372 viewsDarran

Routledge has been shit for the last couple of years he has a stormer against Bristol Rovers and suddenly he's f*cking Pele.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Did you know on 17:27 - Jul 24 with 2355 viewsjack247

Did you know on 17:25 - Jul 24 by Darran

Routledge has been shit for the last couple of years he has a stormer against Bristol Rovers and suddenly he's f*cking Pele.

Plenty of us have been saying it since Guidolin came in and started playing him to his strengths mate
Did you know on 17:29 - Jul 24 with 2340 viewsDarran

Did you know on 17:27 - Jul 24 by jack247

Plenty of us have been saying it since Guidolin came in and started playing him to his strengths mate

He's been playing on his strengths under Guidolin? Oh ok.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024