Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New leader off the swans trust 13:08 - Aug 1 with 2461 viewsswansealad69

Should a new leader be voted in due to the lack off information the current leader seams un willing to give or find out
Correct me if I'm wrong but had it on good account that a Mr cooze is head and running or owner off a printing firm
And again correct if wrong has the contract for the club.
If this is true in anyway then is that a conflict off intrest
Let's be honest the very lack off info coming from him is worrying and when u add the possibility his links with the club it starts to make sense
Has he been given the contract in order to be how's lapdog as huw seams to like
Just a point that concerns me after all why have fans on the board if they don't have any idea on what's going on
New leader off the swans trust on 13:15 - Aug 1 with 1689 viewsHighjack

I don't know if there is any truth in the printing firm thing, it may just be a rumour going round but it wouldn't do any harm to clarify it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New leader off the swans trust on 13:20 - Aug 1 with 1642 viewsfbreath

New leader off the swans trust on 13:15 - Aug 1 by Highjack

I don't know if there is any truth in the printing firm thing, it may just be a rumour going round but it wouldn't do any harm to clarify it.

Yes it is true apparently he prints all the money for the transfers

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

New leader off the swans trust on 13:21 - Aug 1 with 1627 viewsswansealad69

New leader off the swans trust on 13:15 - Aug 1 by Highjack

I totally agree
We are not a small club anymore running gear on a shoe string but a multimillion pound club on a global stage.
There needs to be some clearing up involved with the club and who does what
New leader off the swans trust on 13:23 - Aug 1 with 1612 viewsjack247

Let's forget about the trust for a minute, they aren't the problem here. They have been kept in the dark and saddled with unwanted majority owners as much as the rest of us have.

I'm sure that when there is something to say, they will say it.

Issues regarding printing contracts seem a little bit trivial at the moment, truth or rumour, there are more important things to worry about.
New leader off the swans trust on 13:23 - Aug 1 with 1607 viewsWxmJax

I presume that the OP is a member of the trust.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

New leader off the swans trust on 13:24 - Aug 1 with 1600 viewsfbreath

New leader off the swans trust on 13:21 - Aug 1 by swansealad69

I totally agree
We are not a small club anymore running gear on a shoe string but a multimillion pound club on a global stage.
There needs to be some clearing up involved with the club and who does what

What if he offer the best deal to the club when the work is put out to tender.

Would it be better for the club to pay more for the work to be done.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

New leader off the swans trust on 13:25 - Aug 1 with 1583 viewsHighjack

New leader off the swans trust on 13:23 - Aug 1 by WxmJax

I presume that the OP is a member of the trust.

Brains trust by the look of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New leader off the swans trust on 13:29 - Aug 1 with 1551 viewswhiterock

New leader off the swans trust on 13:25 - Aug 1 by Highjack

Brains trust by the look of it.

I'm all for local companies being involved so long as there's a tender process, which I'm told there is
Login to get fewer ads

New leader off the swans trust on 13:29 - Aug 1 with 1541 viewsUxbridge

A few things here:

The Supporters Director is chosen by the Trust Board, from the eligible Trust Board members. He/She is not chosen by the members directly. Huw has 12 months left to serve.

The Supporters Director isn't the leader of the Trust. There are several officers, such as Chairman, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and SD. I'd view the Chairman as the actual Trust leader, in so much as one exists.

It's been a while since the issue of Huw's printing contract has been raised. Totally understand the CoI argument, and in an ideal world we'd have total separation. However a) Swansea is a small place and b) his contract precedes his Trust role. The issue for me is whether the contract has been retained through his position. This has been reviewed and confirmed that there is a clear tendering process. So much so that I understand Huw lost one part of the contract. This is always an area that needs clarifying and, for those poring over the Trust minutes each month, will know there is a group which is documenting the Trust aims, roles, conduct of board members etc. This is pretty close to completion (funnily enough things got in the way lately).

As for communication, I have to wonder what you're asking for. A press release was issued 10 days ago, on the back of many others. I suppose daily alerts to confirm not a lot has happened, but what's the point. I actually think comms have improved in recent times, however of course there's always room for improvement.

I suspect things will start to move pretty quickly in the near future. They have to really. However, if you want to point fingers in that regard I'd look at those who kept this deal quiet for the best part of, at least, 9 months.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New leader off the swans trust on 13:32 - Aug 1 with 1519 viewsvetchonian

I quess you are a major WUM and obviously cannot read as Mr Sumbler has attempted to answer some of these questions on other posts.

Or do you own a printing firm yourself and fancy the business?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New leader off the swans trust on 13:39 - Aug 1 with 1488 viewsClinton

New leader off the swans trust on 13:29 - Aug 1 by Uxbridge

A few things here:

The Supporters Director is chosen by the Trust Board, from the eligible Trust Board members. He/She is not chosen by the members directly. Huw has 12 months left to serve.

The Supporters Director isn't the leader of the Trust. There are several officers, such as Chairman, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and SD. I'd view the Chairman as the actual Trust leader, in so much as one exists.

It's been a while since the issue of Huw's printing contract has been raised. Totally understand the CoI argument, and in an ideal world we'd have total separation. However a) Swansea is a small place and b) his contract precedes his Trust role. The issue for me is whether the contract has been retained through his position. This has been reviewed and confirmed that there is a clear tendering process. So much so that I understand Huw lost one part of the contract. This is always an area that needs clarifying and, for those poring over the Trust minutes each month, will know there is a group which is documenting the Trust aims, roles, conduct of board members etc. This is pretty close to completion (funnily enough things got in the way lately).

As for communication, I have to wonder what you're asking for. A press release was issued 10 days ago, on the back of many others. I suppose daily alerts to confirm not a lot has happened, but what's the point. I actually think comms have improved in recent times, however of course there's always room for improvement.

I suspect things will start to move pretty quickly in the near future. They have to really. However, if you want to point fingers in that regard I'd look at those who kept this deal quiet for the best part of, at least, 9 months.

Thanks Uxbridge. As a Trust member (well I was yesterday I must renew) please be aware that there's at least one out here who appreciates the work of the Trust board. Keep up the good work all of you.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

New leader off the swans trust on 13:46 - Aug 1 with 1467 viewsUxbridge

New leader off the swans trust on 13:39 - Aug 1 by Clinton

Thanks Uxbridge. As a Trust member (well I was yesterday I must renew) please be aware that there's at least one out here who appreciates the work of the Trust board. Keep up the good work all of you.

Appreciate that, thanks!

I'm all for fans questioning things though. They should do that of the Trust, and they should do that of the Club. This thread highlights one of the reasons why we've been looking at the issues such as conflict of interest, roles, code of conduct etc.

PS Hope you review! A strong Trust is critical at this time IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New leader off the swans trust on 13:47 - Aug 1 with 1448 viewsscottishjack

Seconded...
New leader off the swans trust on 13:51 - Aug 1 with 1419 viewsDewi1jack

Probably about 1410 people out there who support the trust and the Trust board.
Should be an awful lot more IMHO.
We may have questions and we voice them on here and elsewhere.
But, in these times of uncertainty and being stabbed in the back by snide, underhanded dealings off supposed friends and colleagues, then...

Maybe we should all get behind the Trust and leave the petty problems of printing etc until a later date.
The other thing we should all do, is join the Trust and get the numbers up to 18,000 at least.
I'd say 20,000+ but unfortunately I can't see the away fans joining as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New leader off the swans trust on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 1332 viewsswansealad69

So explain the hold up off the expansion
Who is holding it back and why
Explain the short mid and long term plans for the club and the new owners
Ask the question as to why huw seams it right that he decides on who comes in when he has such a bad record on spotting players
What was the point in bringing in marvin emness who is not good enough and a drain on wages
I'm not a member off the trust but never the less deserve questions as do all swans fans
The stadium fiasco is pathetic
I'm lucky to have a season ticket but for all the fans out there who love the club more then most the 20k that go down there these are the questions that needs asking
Most the 4k real fans who supported the club in the dark days can't get a sniff off the tickets because on low wages or have other prioritise there for lost out on the chance to purchase before the prem.
What are the plans
New leader off the swans trust on 15:09 - Aug 1 with 1254 viewsSmellyplumz

New leader off the swans trust on 13:46 - Aug 1 by Uxbridge

Appreciate that, thanks!

I'm all for fans questioning things though. They should do that of the Trust, and they should do that of the Club. This thread highlights one of the reasons why we've been looking at the issues such as conflict of interest, roles, code of conduct etc.

PS Hope you review! A strong Trust is critical at this time IMO.

It's the current board that massive questions have to be asked of but they are no where to be seen for obvious reasons.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 15:18]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

New leader off the swans trust on 15:11 - Aug 1 with 1247 viewsDarran

New leader off the swans trust on 14:48 - Aug 1 by swansealad69

Ask the question as to why huw seams it right that he decides on who comes in when he has such a bad record on spotting players
What was the point in bringing in marvin emness who is not good enough and a drain on wages
I'm not a member off the trust but never the less deserve questions as do all swans fans
I'm lucky to have a season ticket but for all the fans out there who love the club more then most the 20k that go down there these are the questions that needs asking
Most the 4k real fans who supported the club in the dark days can't get a sniff off the tickets because on low wages or have other prioritise there for lost out on the chance to purchase before the prem.
What are the plans

Mate there's only one 'F' in of,just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New leader off the swans trust on 15:13 - Aug 1 with 1234 viewsswansealad69

New leader off the swans trust on 15:11 - Aug 1 by Darran

Will sleep better tonight now
New leader off the swans trust on 15:14 - Aug 1 with 1227 viewsDr_Winston

New leader off the swans trust on 13:24 - Aug 1 by fbreath

What if he offer the best deal to the club when the work is put out to tender.

Would it be better for the club to pay more for the work to be done.

Whether he's cheaper or not it's a clear potential conflict of interest and leaves him wide open to accusations such as this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New leader off the swans trust on 15:17 - Aug 1 with 1207 viewsDarran

New leader off the swans trust on 15:13 - Aug 1 by swansealad69

Will sleep better tonight now

Great stuff dream off me when you drop of.

New leader off the swans trust on 15:26 - Aug 1 with 1169 viewsvetchonian

New leader off the swans trust on 14:48 - Aug 1 by swansealad69

What are the plans

Definately a major WUM!

None of this is down to the Trust.....If you bothered to read threads you will see the Trust themselves are waiting for questions to be answered. YOur best off ringing up Huw Jenkins or lobby him at the next home game.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New leader off the swans trust on 15:27 - Aug 1 with 1165 viewsswansealad69

New leader off the swans trust on 15:17 - Aug 1 by Darran

Great stuff dream off me when you drop of.

Don't fret
I think off u enough after all the shit u give😉
New leader off the swans trust on 15:28 - Aug 1 with 1158 viewsDewi1jack

New leader off the swans trust on 15:11 - Aug 1 by Darran

Think it's a bit unfair to pick on the lad constantly just for a few spelling mistakes.
We all make mistakes- spell check/ predictive text on my phone helps me make more!!

He's right in saying that questions do need answering.
He's just aiming his anger at the wrong person IMHO, as the Trust and its' director has been treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed bulls**t).
I believe that what the Trust statements and comments on here say are true.

The snidey, snivelling, slimy sell out film stars are the ones who can answer the questions.
And all anger should be aimed at them.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New leader off the swans trust on 15:32 - Aug 1 with 1134 viewsAndyNak

New leader off the swans trust on 15:26 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

Definately a major WUM!

None of this is down to the Trust.....If you bothered to read threads you will see the Trust themselves are waiting for questions to be answered. YOur best off ringing up Huw Jenkins or lobby him at the next home game.

And as far as my understanding goes, The Trust are there to serve Trust members. Maybe you should join

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

New leader off the swans trust on 15:33 - Aug 1 with 1128 viewsDarran

New leader off the swans trust on 15:28 - Aug 1 by Dewi1jack

Think it's a bit unfair to pick on the lad constantly just for a few spelling mistakes.
We all make mistakes- spell check/ predictive text on my phone helps me make more!!

He's right in saying that questions do need answering.
He's just aiming his anger at the wrong person IMHO, as the Trust and its' director has been treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed bulls**t).
I believe that what the Trust statements and comments on here say are true.

The snidey, snivelling, slimy sell out film stars are the ones who can answer the questions.
And all anger should be aimed at them.

Picking?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024