Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 13:18 - Aug 1 with 6961 viewsMillie

Should we push the boat out and go and get Wilfried Bony? For me, he knows our game and would live to see the Gylfi/ Bony link up again
Bony on 13:22 - Aug 1 with 4927 viewseddie71

Yes. We should also push the boat and get Ziyech (if Ayew leaves) and Baston. Now admittedly the boat is quite a long way out by that point. But it least it wont be heading for the rocks like it is at present.
Bony on 13:25 - Aug 1 with 4907 viewsOldjack

I believe Man c want 25 mill for him ,no takers yet though ,i wonder why

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bony on 13:25 - Aug 1 with 4902 viewsjasper_T

No.
Bony on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 4784 viewsmagicdaps10

There is talk of a reported 15M buy back clause we inserted in the deal when he joined Citeh.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bony on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 4759 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 13:50 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

There is talk of a reported 15M buy back clause we inserted in the deal when he joined Citeh.

No there's not.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony on 14:02 - Aug 1 with 4716 viewswaynekerr55

If the sums add up for a season long loan it's a yes from me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 14:22 - Aug 1 with 4621 viewsjack247

Bony on 13:50 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

They bought him for £28m with a £15m buy back clause? Where did you get that from?
Bony on 14:40 - Aug 1 with 4536 viewsFatherJack

Are you referring to the fact they still owed us money from the deal, so we could effectively buy him back for less than the asking price?

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 14:41 - Aug 1 with 4525 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'd only want a loan personally. Save on as much cash as possible.
Bony on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 4476 viewsnantywatcher

No and after further consideration - NO!
Bony on 15:00 - Aug 1 with 4418 viewsswansealad69

No let's save money and get borini or crouch
That way we can struggle all season long wile some one is getting richer
The prem stands still for no one
And after last season we clearly needed some reason building
But all the players brought in last season have now gone for cut price to what we paid (thanks huw for that)
We need some one who can fit straight in to the way we play and can score goals
Bony fits both
We have had pre season for players to get back in to it and for new players to settle
Bringing new players in now will take time to settle especially from the outside the prem.
Can we realy afford a poor start with the squad we got
Especially considering we are weaker then a poor last season.
Bony on 15:09 - Aug 1 with 4354 viewsGriffting

Knows the all of the players. Knows the club. Knows what it takes to play here. Would likely fit back in seemlessly. Did well here before. Wouldn't take as long to bed in as a new striker. Links up exceptionally well with gylfi. Fits the bill in terms of players type we are looking for. Would definitely give a big lift to the squad.

We should. But, we won't.
Bony on 15:14 - Aug 1 with 4310 viewsjack247

Bony on 15:00 - Aug 1 by swansealad69

No let's save money and get borini or crouch
That way we can struggle all season long wile some one is getting richer
The prem stands still for no one
And after last season we clearly needed some reason building
But all the players brought in last season have now gone for cut price to what we paid (thanks huw for that)
We need some one who can fit straight in to the way we play and can score goals
Bony fits both
We have had pre season for players to get back in to it and for new players to settle
Bringing new players in now will take time to settle especially from the outside the prem.
Can we realy afford a poor start with the squad we got
Especially considering we are weaker then a poor last season.

Can't really argue. We need a striker yesterday. I'd be happy with Bony, Llorente or Ulloa. No doubt we will be linked with more quality over the next week or so.

We cannot afford to start the season with a goalscoring midfielder and a youth team prospect as our only striking options. If they leave it late enough, some of us will start to believe Crouch and Borini are decent options
Bony on 16:02 - Aug 1 with 4176 viewsswansea101

Yay another let's get bony thread
Bony on 16:05 - Aug 1 with 4157 viewslondonlisa2001

Why does everyone seem to believe that Bony would want to come back to us even if we wanted him?
Bony on 16:29 - Aug 1 with 4076 viewskarnataka

Bony on 16:05 - Aug 1 by londonlisa2001

Why does everyone seem to believe that Bony would want to come back to us even if we wanted him?

I don't think anyone knows if he'd want to come back here or not unless they've asked him but if no other club is interested and he wants to play matches and be first choice rather than a benchwarmer, then he may come if he know he's going to feel wanted by the club, teammates and fans. The big question is, are we close to clinching a deal for someone as good who is cheaper? If we're not, then if anyone can strike a deal with Citeh, it's us because they still owe us money.
Bony on 16:39 - Aug 1 with 4026 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 16:29 - Aug 1 by karnataka

I don't think anyone knows if he'd want to come back here or not unless they've asked him but if no other club is interested and he wants to play matches and be first choice rather than a benchwarmer, then he may come if he know he's going to feel wanted by the club, teammates and fans. The big question is, are we close to clinching a deal for someone as good who is cheaper? If we're not, then if anyone can strike a deal with Citeh, it's us because they still owe us money.

I'm pretty certain he'll manage to feel wanted at the club who pays him closest to his £100k per week.

And I don't believe that the Qataris are going to make a deal just because they'd have to pay us £8m in January of next year. In fact, it could work out worse for them, as we may say we'll give you £4m now and then you save the £8m (or whatever, the £4m is just an example) in January while someone else may have to give them £7m now and £5m in January.
Bony on 16:41 - Aug 1 with 3997 viewsjack247

I'd say the close he gets to starting the season outside of City's matchday squad, the more amenable he will be to a move. I expected someone to have taken a punt on him by now.

It' seems a moot point though, as I can't see us stumping up enough to sign him on loan or permanently
Bony on 16:42 - Aug 1 with 3991 viewslifelong

Because he used to point at the ground when he was playing here.
Bony on 16:50 - Aug 1 with 3946 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 16:41 - Aug 1 by jack247

I'd say the close he gets to starting the season outside of City's matchday squad, the more amenable he will be to a move. I expected someone to have taken a punt on him by now.

It' seems a moot point though, as I can't see us stumping up enough to sign him on loan or permanently

I'm not remotely surprised that no one will take a punt on a player that wants £100k per week having proved he can't cut it at that level.

He's a good player, but not that sort of player.

As you say - he may reduce his demands, but he may decide to stay where he is and pick up his money.
Bony on 16:52 - Aug 1 with 3933 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony on 16:50 - Aug 1 by londonlisa2001

I'm not remotely surprised that no one will take a punt on a player that wants £100k per week having proved he can't cut it at that level.

As you say - he may reduce his demands, but he may decide to stay where he is and pick up his money.

Only a few more years before he picks up his pension. Allegedly.
Bony on 16:56 - Aug 1 with 3902 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 16:52 - Aug 1 by WarwickHunt

Only a few more years before he picks up his pension. Allegedly.

27 he is mun...
Bony on 17:03 - Aug 1 with 3848 viewsjack247

Bony on 16:50 - Aug 1 by londonlisa2001

Is he going to cost £100k though? Surely City would prefer to contribute half than all of it if he isn't getting near their team.

Can't see him coming here either way
Bony on 17:23 - Aug 1 with 3783 viewsstid

The club will be doing everything they can to get Wilf back but the problem is will he come back? Getting Ayew off the books to give him the wages he wants is a start though
Bony on 17:26 - Aug 1 with 3771 viewsLoyal

The boat is in dry dock and no fcking coastguard are available.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024