Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ash goes new captain? 07:56 - Aug 2 with 1851 viewsJohnw102

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

If Ash goes new captain? on 07:58 - Aug 2 with 1831 viewsSwansNZ

Neil Taylor listed for a laugh?

Leon is too old, has to be Gylfi.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

If Ash goes new captain? on 08:54 - Aug 2 with 1713 viewsshandyjack

It won't be Cork, in pre-season Routledge was captin for the games they both started together wasn't he?

Poll: Expectation for the season

If Ash goes new captain? on 11:52 - Aug 2 with 1488 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi, then he can tell himself to stop taking corners because he's crap at them and get in the box where he can do some damage.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If Ash goes new captain? on 12:04 - Aug 2 with 1461 viewsplasjack

Give the job too who will be a regular in the team, oh wait a minute we are selling most of them,
If Ash goes new captain? on 12:18 - Aug 2 with 1418 viewsSwansea93

Got to be Sigurdsson, I think he'd make a great captain, I remember Bournemouth away when we was losing he was chasing everything down and was pushing our players to do the same also.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

If Ash goes new captain? on 12:26 - Aug 2 with 1371 viewsjasper_T

Siggy is Gylfi's dad.
If Ash goes new captain? on 12:27 - Aug 2 with 1370 viewsDewi1jack

My thoughts on it not being Siggy.
Having to watch all the other players and talking to them constantly is going to detract from what Siggy can do when he's allowed to be a 'free spirit.' Far, far too much of a distraction
I would never have a keeper as captain. Keeper needs to be watching the ball and opposition players making runs.
Again being a captain is a distraction, even though there are a few good keeper captains out there.
Out of that list I'd go for Jack

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

If Ash goes new captain? on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 1287 viewsLeonisGod

If Ash goes new captain? on 12:27 - Aug 2 by Dewi1jack

My thoughts on it not being Siggy.
Having to watch all the other players and talking to them constantly is going to detract from what Siggy can do when he's allowed to be a 'free spirit.' Far, far too much of a distraction
I would never have a keeper as captain. Keeper needs to be watching the ball and opposition players making runs.
Again being a captain is a distraction, even though there are a few good keeper captains out there.
Out of that list I'd go for Jack

Jack for me too. And I'd stick him in front of the back four where he can dictate the game. No more of this the right hand side of a diamond rubbish that doesn't suit him.

I wonder whether in time Jordi would be a good option. He looks so composed and in control at the back, but not sure what he's like behind the scenes.
Login to get fewer ads

If Ash goes new captain? on 12:57 - Aug 2 with 1257 viewsjasper_T

It'll be interesting to see who takes on leadership duties without Ash shouting over everyone. Give Leon the armband for a while until a natural leader emerges; the guy who organises, encourages, gets in the ref's face etc. For me it's Jack, you can see those aspects in his game but whether he'll step up and take full responsibility it's hard to tell.

But if Gylfi wants it to sign a new contract he can have it. The armband doesn't mean much at the end of the day. Leaders can still lead without it.
If Ash goes new captain? on 13:04 - Aug 2 with 1230 viewsicecoldjack

Cork looks a natural captain to me, siggy not so much but more a guy that leads by how he plays.

Some players step up and go another level forward and others get a bit wayed down with the armband.

It remains to be seen who it will be but for me either of those would be a natural choice.

Forget rangel,Leon or taylor those players should concentrate on trying to get into the team.
If Ash goes new captain? on 13:37 - Aug 2 with 1161 viewsLeonisGod

If Ash goes new captain? on 13:04 - Aug 2 by icecoldjack

Cork looks a natural captain to me, siggy not so much but more a guy that leads by how he plays.

Some players step up and go another level forward and others get a bit wayed down with the armband.

It remains to be seen who it will be but for me either of those would be a natural choice.

Forget rangel,Leon or taylor those players should concentrate on trying to get into the team.

Jack seemed to do ok when he had the armband at West Ham last season. I'd take that result every weekend quire happily
If Ash goes new captain? on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 1022 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am surprised Amat is not on the list.
If Ash goes new captain? on 15:27 - Aug 2 with 1006 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If Ash goes new captain? on 15:25 - Aug 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I'm surprised Ayew isn't.

Give him a carrot to stick around.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If Ash goes new captain? on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 901 viewsjasper_T

If Ash goes new captain? on 15:25 - Aug 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Young and not yet a first team regular. Why would he be?
If Ash goes new captain? on 15:26 - Aug 11 with 651 viewsSwansea93

Guidolin says Britton is the captain when he plays and also says he's unsure if he or the board pick the new captain.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024