Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordi Amat 11:48 - Aug 4 with 3877 viewsjack247

Seems to be the future of SCFC on here. Not knocking him at all, as he never lets us down, but how do we really know he is ready to be the main man in defence? He played 4 league games last season, probably a few more the two seasons before that, but he has never been a regular.

I get that we won't find out unless we give him game time and that he has suffered due to Ash's longevity, but I'm surprised at how confident everyone seems to be in him, given how little most will have seen him play.
Jordi Amat on 11:52 - Aug 4 with 3044 viewsPhaedrus

Whilst 2 inches away an Amat thread has been underway for an hour already.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:57 - Aug 4 with 3015 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 11:52 - Aug 4 by Phaedrus

Discussing whether he is likely to leave. Completely different topic, no? Do you have some kind of message board OCD?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2016 12:02]
Jordi Amat on 12:03 - Aug 4 with 2978 viewsHighjack

Jordi Amat on 11:52 - Aug 4 by Phaedrus

You should put him on ignore you happy bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordi Amat on 12:14 - Aug 4 with 2906 viewsJango

He made an appalling error against Bristol rovers which led to their goal but he needs a constant run of games to get his consistency and confidence right before we can really say if he's the long term answer. Eould be a huge risk going into season with him and Fernandez as first choice with the Dutch guy as back up in my opinion
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:20 - Aug 4 with 2864 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 12:14 - Aug 4 by Jango

He made an appalling error against Bristol rovers which led to their goal but he needs a constant run of games to get his consistency and confidence right before we can really say if he's the long term answer. Eould be a huge risk going into season with him and Fernandez as first choice with the Dutch guy as back up in my opinion

My thoughts exactly. We don't have enough to judge him on one way or another.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2016 12:27]
Jordi Amat on 12:33 - Aug 4 with 2800 viewsshandyjack

Had plenty of time to see him play too see he will be a very good PL CH

Poll: Expectation for the season

Jordi Amat on 12:33 - Aug 4 with 2797 viewsmacthejack

It's plain to see just how much potential and talent the guy has. Future captain of Swansea City.
Jordi Amat on 12:36 - Aug 4 with 2775 viewsmagicdaps10

I think the high percentage of Swansea fans know how good Amat is and how could he could be.
It amazes me that no other club in the premier league or even one of the better La Liga teams have not come in for him whilst he has been playing understudy to Ash and Fede.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:37 - Aug 4 with 2759 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 12:33 - Aug 4 by macthejack

It's plain to see just how much potential and talent the guy has. Future captain of Swansea City.

4 league games last year, 31 in 3 seasons with us.

Not saying you're wrong, just don't see how you can be so sure when he hardly ever plays
[Post edited 4 Aug 2016 12:39]
Jordi Amat on 12:40 - Aug 4 with 2729 viewsDaggyjack

Ash will leave, Amat will stay and become a regular...end of story as far as I see it.
Jordi Amat on 12:41 - Aug 4 with 2716 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 12:36 - Aug 4 by magicdaps10

I think the high percentage of Swansea fans know how good Amat is and how could he could be.
It amazes me that no other club in the premier league or even one of the better La Liga teams have not come in for him whilst he has been playing understudy to Ash and Fede.

It doesn't amaze me at all. How would they scout him?

He may well have a lot of potential, but I think he needs a run in the team before we start heralding him as the future of our defence
Jordi Amat on 12:44 - Aug 4 with 2685 viewsshandyjack

He's had plenty of mini runs and has shown his class

Jordi Amat on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 2663 viewsnantywatcher

Now I have a conundrum. Do I consider Jack247's random ramblings or leave it to a football manager with over forty years experience in the game.
Damn! What a choice.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 2659 viewsjasonbromham

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:37 - Aug 4 by jack247

4 league games last year, 31 in 3 seasons with us.

Not saying you're wrong, just don't see how you can be so sure when he hardly ever plays
[Post edited 4 Aug 2016 12:39]

It's 5 actually, just saying.
Jordi Amat on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 2630 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 12:44 - Aug 4 by shandyjack

He's had plenty of mini runs and has shown his class

Shown his class yes. Had plenty of mini runs? When?

Hopefully you guys are all right
Jordi Amat on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 2601 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 12:46 - Aug 4 by nantywatcher

Now I have a conundrum. Do I consider Jack247's random ramblings or leave it to a football manager with over forty years experience in the game.
Damn! What a choice.

You mean the manager who doesn't pick him?
Jordi Amat on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 2597 viewsshandyjack

Jordi Amat on 12:49 - Aug 4 by jack247

Shown his class yes. Had plenty of mini runs? When?

Hopefully you guys are all right

He started first season under Monk until he got injured at Chelsea, played the last handful of games last season and that's off top of my head. Sure he's played a few other mini runs

Jordi Amat on 13:24 - Aug 4 with 2487 viewsHighjack

Jordi Amat on 12:52 - Aug 4 by jack247

You mean the manager who doesn't pick him?

And has no control or influence over players bought and sold.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordi Amat on 13:40 - Aug 4 with 2400 viewsJango

Jordi Amat on 12:36 - Aug 4 by magicdaps10

I agree that he's got great potential but there's a reason why he was behind both Fernandez and Williams last year, who both had poor seasons for their standards.
Jordi Amat on 13:47 - Aug 4 with 2364 viewsWhiterockin

Jordi Amat on 13:40 - Aug 4 by Jango

I agree that he's got great potential but there's a reason why he was behind both Fernandez and Williams last year, who both had poor seasons for their standards.

Is that the same reason he was behind Bartley as well.
Jordi Amat on 13:49 - Aug 4 with 2352 viewsSkipTheJack

One of the most promising young centre-halves I've seen, but he really does need to start playing now. I was disappointed when we paid £7m for Fernandez because I just saw it as an unnecessary barrier in Amat's development. If Ash leaves then the consolation will be that Amat will finally get his chance.
Jordi Amat on 13:49 - Aug 4 with 2349 viewsJango

Jordi Amat on 13:47 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Well it tells a story
Jordi Amat on 13:50 - Aug 4 with 2344 viewsWhiterockin

Jordi Amat on 13:49 - Aug 4 by Jango

Well it tells a story

Not necessarily based on talent/form.
Jordi Amat on 13:53 - Aug 4 with 2323 viewsJango

Jordi Amat on 13:47 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Well it tells a story
Jordi Amat on 14:15 - Aug 4 with 2209 viewsjasper_T

Jordi Amat on 13:40 - Aug 4 by Jango

Ash is captain and so has to play every week, and playing two short centrebacks together is generally seen as a bad idea. Jordi has always been seen as Ash's potential replacement not partner. It's got little to do with his ability or attitude, both of which are held in fine regard at the club.

Once Ash is gone the only thing holding Jordi back will be his injury record. If he stays fit he'll be the better of the two in 12 months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024