Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? 14:48 - Aug 4 with 1687 viewsSwans9

I would have liked the swans to have bought him anyway. If Ash does go then surely we would be looking to bring in a centre half.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 14:48 - Aug 4 with 1671 viewsAl_Bundy

No better than our current back ups
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 14:56 - Aug 4 with 1633 viewsQuakerJack

Best of the three CBs at the Euros.... Best player in qualifying apart from Bale... Yes, yes and yes!!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 15:01 - Aug 4 with 1601 viewsblaine_scfc

Not for me,

I like him as a player, but I would love to see someone who could go some way to sorting our set piece problems out. I quite liked the look of that Italian guy, cant think of his name, but had good stats in Serie A.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 15:09 - Aug 4 with 1569 viewssomersetsimon

Should we be looking for a direct first choice replacement or would we expect Fernandez and Amat to be our new first choice pairing?
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 15:13 - Aug 4 with 1548 viewsjasper_T

He's not going to want to go somewhere to be third choice again.

Fine in a three, would struggle in our system at this level.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 15:13 - Aug 4 with 1548 viewsdobjack2

Not for me. Tidy player but due to lack of height needs a dominating centre half alongside him.

In our team I believe he would only make us more vulnerable at set pieces.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 17:33 - Aug 4 with 1381 viewsRancid

A few of the Wales squad at the Euro's punched above their weight.Robson Kanu and Chester being 2 of those.Id rather Amat and if Chester is willing to sit on the bench as backup then maybe.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 17:42 - Aug 4 with 1351 viewsAnotherJohn

Clear downgrade from Ash. Bearing in mind that we only just survived last season I'm surprised so many are happy with a gamble.
Login to get fewer ads

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 17:49 - Aug 4 with 1315 viewsTheKirkyLife

Amat is the replacement. Feel sorry for the lad that so many people don't see his clear ability to fill the gap and grow in it.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 17:55 - Aug 4 with 1294 viewsharryhpalmer

Amat and Fede 1st choices for me.

Van der Hoom is 1st back up, while Rodon gets time working with the Don, who has impeccable credentials in developing young players.

And by some observers I respect, he is ready to step up as 4th choice, and is going to be a real player for us in the future.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 01:38 - Aug 5 with 1012 viewsSwans9

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 17:55 - Aug 4 by harryhpalmer

Amat and Fede 1st choices for me.

Van der Hoom is 1st back up, while Rodon gets time working with the Don, who has impeccable credentials in developing young players.

And by some observers I respect, he is ready to step up as 4th choice, and is going to be a real player for us in the future.

We happy with amat as replacement for williams. I say no more.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 03:17 - Aug 5 with 971 viewsWanderer

tidy tackler and good with ball at feet but.....corners and set pieces he is as good as we have got in my opinion, we need a beast in the box to repel all comers
might be wrong here but didn't Ronaldo give him the slip to head that goal?
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 04:08 - Aug 5 with 948 viewsStarsky

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 03:17 - Aug 5 by Wanderer

tidy tackler and good with ball at feet but.....corners and set pieces he is as good as we have got in my opinion, we need a beast in the box to repel all comers
might be wrong here but didn't Ronaldo give him the slip to head that goal?

I thought that was Collins?

It's just the internet, init.

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 05:47 - Aug 5 with 906 viewsdobjack2

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 04:08 - Aug 5 by Starsky

I thought that was Collins?

No Chester for the goal.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 05:57 - Aug 5 with 897 viewstylagarwjack

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 05:47 - Aug 5 by dobjack2

No Chester for the goal.

Not saying we should sign him but to be fair Ronaldo is one of the best in the world and it was more down to his clever play to find space and one huge leap that led to the goal rather than any major failing on Chester's part.
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 06:28 - Aug 5 with 874 viewsDr_Winston

Simple question in situations like this is would we have wanted him before the Euros. If the answer is no, then it should still be the answer now.

Same with HRK, and any other player people are a bit excited about after a couple of decent performances.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 06:44 - Aug 5 with 851 viewsSwansNZ

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 06:28 - Aug 5 by Dr_Winston

Simple question in situations like this is would we have wanted him before the Euros. If the answer is no, then it should still be the answer now.

Same with HRK, and any other player people are a bit excited about after a couple of decent performances.

Yeah, it's coz he's Welsh eh!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 06:50 - Aug 5 with 839 viewstylagarwjack

Chester is a decent player, was before the euros and still is now. It's no surprise that he hasn't fitted in at West Brom given Pulis's penchant for extremely tall centre backs (and full backs actually).

For us? If we do lose Ash, and for £15m, as much as I don't want us to lose him, I think we'd have to sell, and if we do we should probably go for a player with a bit more height than Chester as a replacement, though it's conceivable that Amat will get promoted, and a 3rd/4th choice comes in.

I would be less concerned with Amat and more with Fernandez alongside him in that scenario.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 6:56]
James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 09:09 - Aug 5 with 715 viewsKerouac

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 17:49 - Aug 4 by TheKirkyLife

Amat is the replacement. Feel sorry for the lad that so many people don't see his clear ability to fill the gap and grow in it.

The Spanish press are linking him with a move to Granada...have to wonder how long he will put up with being a substitute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

James Chester as a replacement if Ash goes? on 09:27 - Aug 5 with 686 viewsTom1912

I'd have taken Chester before the Euros to strengthen depth if he was reasonably priced.

Not to replace Williams though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024