Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? 12:15 - Aug 9 with 4138 viewsdobjack2

Up front with Llorente in and Borja Baston set to sign the answer is yes - compared to paloschi Eder and gomis.

Wingers - we have the return of dyer and loss of ayew. I know that ayew split opinions as a winger but that was his original role. Therefore to me the answer at this stage is no we have lost a goal threat. Ayew needs to be replaced.

Midfield - Fer replaced shelvey and has now signed permanently but Leon is a year older and there is no real back up to gylfi therefore not really.

Defence - ash has gone, so whilst Bartley going and van Der Hoorne coming in was strengthening we now need to strengthen in this area.

Goalkeeping no change but I assume all ok with this.

So I think we need at least 2 more in this window - to replace ash and ayew with possibly an alternative to gylfi.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:34 - Aug 9 with 3115 viewscrix

we are definitely light in the cb area now that's for sure. as for buying siggy backup well I just cant see it happening now.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:45 - Aug 9 with 3046 viewsJFSwan

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:34 - Aug 9 by crix

we are definitely light in the cb area now that's for sure. as for buying siggy backup well I just cant see it happening now.

I think if Gylfi isnt on the pitch, then Fer/Ki will be pushed forward, with Fulton comin into midfield. Or Baston/Llorente might play together, with one slightly deep.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:48 - Aug 9 with 3024 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

1 light at centreback

Get 1 in and we are good to go

stronger in quality than last year as well
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 15:46]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:54 - Aug 9 with 2986 viewsAngelRangelQS

Arguably stronger up front
Weaker on the wing (Ayew is a far superior player to Dyer, leaving aside any sentiment)
Central midfield - no change
Centre halves - Dutch fella looks better than Bartley. No ash replacement yet so at present looking weaker
Keeper - as you were

I'd like to see a CB and a winger then I'd be delighted with the window, particularly if we've done it at a reasonable price
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:55 - Aug 9 with 2972 viewssomersetsimon

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:45 - Aug 9 by JFSwan

I think if Gylfi isnt on the pitch, then Fer/Ki will be pushed forward, with Fulton comin into midfield. Or Baston/Llorente might play together, with one slightly deep.

It's either Fer pushed up or we'd play someone like Routledge off the striker.
Gylfi is such a fixture that any straight AM replacement would be sitting on the bench 95% of the time. We aren't going to pay out good money for someone almost as good as Gylfi to sit on the bench.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:02 - Aug 9 with 2944 viewsyescomeon

less said about full backs the better

Upthecity!

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:05 - Aug 9 with 2926 viewsJackofdreambeach

No,we haven't strengthened. Hopefully signings will be healthy team additions. Pedigree llorente impressive.
But squad depth as thin as ice now.
And still you'll have fans suggesting we've done some good business.
Need another 2 or 3 players in.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:05 - Aug 9 with 2921 viewssomersetsimon

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:54 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

Weaker on the wing (Ayew is a far superior player to Dyer, leaving aside any sentiment)
Centre halves - Dutch fella looks better than Bartley. No ash replacement yet so at present looking weaker
Keeper - as you were

I'd like to see a CB and a winger then I'd be delighted with the window, particularly if we've done it at a reasonable price

I disagree about the wings. Yes, Ayew is a better player than Dyer, but he wasn't very effective as a winger. Plus, the Barrow of this year is going to be a lot better than the Barrow of last year!
Login to get fewer ads

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:11 - Aug 9 with 2878 viewsbathgatejack

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:05 - Aug 9 by somersetsimon

I disagree about the wings. Yes, Ayew is a better player than Dyer, but he wasn't very effective as a winger. Plus, the Barrow of this year is going to be a lot better than the Barrow of last year!

yes. But taylor is the weak link
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:11 - Aug 9 with 2873 viewsJango

It's impossible to tell we're stronger up front until they start scoring goals. Shevchenko and falcao were world beaters before they came over here remember and gomis had a decent record too!
So on that basis I don't think We've strengthened the team as whole, I think we've stood still at best. Another 2 attacking player and a centre half and then I'll be happy with this window
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:16 - Aug 9 with 2853 viewsAnotherJohn

Weaker at present, though there is still time to make signings and get back more or less to where we were. i cannot see that we will be stronger than last year unless one of the striker signings really clicks.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:20 - Aug 9 with 2836 viewsJango

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:16 - Aug 9 by AnotherJohn

Weaker at present, though there is still time to make signings and get back more or less to where we were. i cannot see that we will be stronger than last year unless one of the striker signings really clicks.

I think if we can get a least one more creative player on who can score and create with our wingers and full backs chipping in a bit more we'll be a force this year. The signs are there's towards end of season and in pre season. I feel Williams has to be replaced by a top draw centre half tho, we look very weak at the back now
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 2778 viewsFireboy

If we get chadli then that's the winger sorted

It's just another CB we need then imo we will be stronger as lorente and baston (when he hopefully signs) are surely better than last year's strike force

Time will tell on that matter though
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:35 - Aug 9 with 2736 viewsjasper_T

We need a full-back far, far more than we need competition for Fede and Amat.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:38 - Aug 9 with 2717 viewsvetchonian

And what of the manager/coaching effect?

Despite our "poor" season last year we still had a squad capable of turning over BIG opposition..eg Arsenal away almost beating Man City and Man U away, the West Ham result. Weaknesses were up front which maybe solved with our two new signings....more suited to our style of play.

Maybe Franco will tweak our style more. Interestingly Leon dropping between the CBs was something that Curt employed last season and something Ki could be good at should FG want to play in a different way pushing the fullbacks on.

I think its too early to write us off and too early to be talking Europa places but think this may have been one of our better transfer windows.....especially with the retention of Siggy
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 13:41]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:42 - Aug 9 with 2694 viewsdeanscfc

Chadli, cover at centre back and a fullback.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 13:52 - Aug 9 with 2630 viewspencoedjack

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:34 - Aug 9 by crix

Back up for Siggy ? .... Is Messi available then.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 2540 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:54 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

Keeper - as you were

Dyer is a far better winger than Ayew, as Ayew is never on the wing for more than a few minutes after kick off.
Ayew is obviously the better goal threat.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 14:32 - Aug 9 with 2512 viewsJango

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 14:23 - Aug 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Dyer is a far better winger than Ayew, as Ayew is never on the wing for more than a few minutes after kick off.
Ayew is obviously the better goal threat.

Being a wide player is not just about staying on the wing tho is it? theyve got to contribute as well. Ayew did, dyer rarely does
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 15:06 - Aug 9 with 2454 viewsKerouac

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 12:55 - Aug 9 by somersetsimon

It's either Fer pushed up or we'd play someone like Routledge off the striker.
Gylfi is such a fixture that any straight AM replacement would be sitting on the bench 95% of the time. We aren't going to pay out good money for someone almost as good as Gylfi to sit on the bench.

Routs would be a great no. 10 IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 15:19 - Aug 9 with 2403 viewsJango

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 15:06 - Aug 9 by Kerouac

Routs would be a great no. 10 IMO

Right up there with maradona
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 2248 viewsGlyn1

"Up front with Llorente in and Borja Baston set to sign the answer is yes - compared to Paloschi, Eder and Gomis."

It's too early to say that - when they arrived and before they played for us, Gomis and Paloschi both had very good reputations - obviously we just don't know how Llorente and Baston will adapt.

But personally I'm very pleased that Amat will be given an extended run in the side.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 16:52 - Aug 9 with 2203 viewsangryjack

we not signed baston yet so how have we strenghthened in forward department.club said ayew wouldnt be allowed to go without replacement and now we have sold ash without replacement bunch c$nts
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 16:56 - Aug 9 with 2173 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 16:52 - Aug 9 by angryjack

we not signed baston yet so how have we strenghthened in forward department.club said ayew wouldnt be allowed to go without replacement and now we have sold ash without replacement bunch c$nts

Living up to your name I see.
Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 16:58 - Aug 9 with 2169 viewslondonlisa2001

Have we strengthened the squad so far this window? on 16:36 - Aug 9 by Glyn1

"Up front with Llorente in and Borja Baston set to sign the answer is yes - compared to Paloschi, Eder and Gomis."

It's too early to say that - when they arrived and before they played for us, Gomis and Paloschi both had very good reputations - obviously we just don't know how Llorente and Baston will adapt.

But personally I'm very pleased that Amat will be given an extended run in the side.

In most cases I would agree that we don't know until we see them.

But in this case, I really don't think it's a stretch to imagine that Llorente and Baston will be better than Gomis and Eder, or Gomis and Paloschi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024