Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin Presser 16:04 - Aug 11 with 4398 viewsAustinIsOurHero

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-boss-francesco-guid

Guidolin Press Conference:

1. Has identified Ash's replacement but is in no hurry. One more signing to come in this window.
2. Doesn't know if he's allowed to appoint the next captain - most likely to be Leon when he plays.
3. Borja won't be involved on Saturday. Not had a chance to train yet - sticking with squad from pre season. Happy with current squad of players.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Guidolin Presser on 16:20 - Aug 11 with 4281 viewsCooperman

#1 - Not in a hurry to replace our first choice CB?

I'm going to read that as Huwbert is going like the clappers to secure the services of...

I wonder who it is.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Guidolin Presser on 16:39 - Aug 11 with 4167 viewstomdickharry

One of Shawcross,Keane or an Italian.
Guidolin Presser on 16:43 - Aug 11 with 4134 viewsJFSwan

Cant see any harm of having Borja on the bench, does this mean Gylfi will miss out too ?

I can see a 'sensible' line up coming.

Fabianski
Rangel Amat Fede Taylor
Leon Cork
Routledge Fer Montero
Llorente

Hopfully im wrong and we get to see Barrow & Gylfi link up with Llorente
Guidolin Presser on 16:43 - Aug 11 with 4133 viewsPozuelosSideys

Guidolin seems like a genuinely nice bloke in amongst all the sharks in this business. He doesnt like the media side at all though.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Guidolin Presser on 16:47 - Aug 11 with 4097 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin Presser on 16:43 - Aug 11 by JFSwan

Cant see any harm of having Borja on the bench, does this mean Gylfi will miss out too ?

I can see a 'sensible' line up coming.

Fabianski
Rangel Amat Fede Taylor
Leon Cork
Routledge Fer Montero
Llorente

Hopfully im wrong and we get to see Barrow & Gylfi link up with Llorente

I'd like to see

Fab
Naughton Fede (VDH if Fede not fit) Amat Kingsley
Cork Fer Siggy
Barrow Routs
Llorente

If Siggy is not ready, bring in Britton and play a flatter midfield.
Guidolin Presser on 16:49 - Aug 11 with 4074 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin Presser on 16:39 - Aug 11 by tomdickharry

One of Shawcross,Keane or an Italian.

Keane is supposed to be £20m isn't he?

Ben Davies? Don't think it will be by the way, but I think he'd be good CB / FB flexibility.
Guidolin Presser on 16:50 - Aug 11 with 4065 viewsZut_Alors

what a nice chap Guido seems. That bit about Ash felt really genuine and i think it's great he seems to have a strong relationship with Curtis too. Think Garry marginalised Alan to his detriment. He showed during his brief time in charge what an excellent motivator he was and Franco seems wise to tap into that too.

Humble and ambitious. I like that too. I think we'll do well this year.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 16:54]
Guidolin Presser on 17:27 - Aug 11 with 3808 viewsbennytee

Guidolin Presser on 16:50 - Aug 11 by Zut_Alors

what a nice chap Guido seems. That bit about Ash felt really genuine and i think it's great he seems to have a strong relationship with Curtis too. Think Garry marginalised Alan to his detriment. He showed during his brief time in charge what an excellent motivator he was and Franco seems wise to tap into that too.

Humble and ambitious. I like that too. I think we'll do well this year.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 16:54]

I completely agree, its a shame he can't quite articulate what he wants to say at times yet but he comes across as a really genuine bloke.
I've come over all warm and optimistic after watching that!
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin Presser on 18:53 - Aug 11 with 3487 viewsTheKirkyLife

I think a lot of people are reading the whole CB thing absolutely wrong.

"We need a new central defender, although I am happy with my group and there is no rush."

If we were looking for a fully-fledged Ash replacement there would most certainly have been a rush. Amat deserves his chance to be our CB for the season and I'm happy for him, such a shame some people on here still can't get that into their heads.

No rush means he'll use Rodon if need be but likely looking for a Van der Hoorn competition.
Guidolin Presser on 19:35 - Aug 11 with 3339 viewsjackjackjackjack

Liking the purple jacket, blue-rimmed sunglasses combo. Stylin.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidolin Presser on 20:27 - Aug 11 with 3217 viewsharryhpalmer

Guidolin Presser on 18:53 - Aug 11 by TheKirkyLife

I think a lot of people are reading the whole CB thing absolutely wrong.

"We need a new central defender, although I am happy with my group and there is no rush."

If we were looking for a fully-fledged Ash replacement there would most certainly have been a rush. Amat deserves his chance to be our CB for the season and I'm happy for him, such a shame some people on here still can't get that into their heads.

No rush means he'll use Rodon if need be but likely looking for a Van der Hoorn competition.

100% agree with your reading of what he said.

I think he recognises Rodon is not quite ready to push Van or the other centre backs, but Amat and Fede are definitely the first choice pair which he is very 'appy with.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024