Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mo & Jeff 17:52 - Aug 13 with 2968 viewsorion3016

As exciting a wing pair as anyone else in this league. Our Spanish strikers should get plenty of opportunities

Be over there now after

Mo & Jeff on 18:07 - Aug 13 with 2897 viewsJzjack

Montero definitely seems to favour the floated, stood up ball which we haven't had the height or physical presence to really take advantage of previously. Llorente can exploit that now and, although he definitely looked rusty with a couple of his chances, it was great to see him doing the things a classy, experienced striker of his physical presence should be doing. I.e. winning free kicks, holding the ball up, linking play and, of course, winning headers.

Someone else mentioned earlier that he was quicker than he looks and I agree with that. He's never going to beat Vardy in a foot race but he's no lummox.

Both Barrow and Montero looked like they could skin the full backs and Mo definitely made an impact when he came on - he's unpredictable but his pace will cause many defences problems.

Routledge had a poor game. Not just because of the amount of times he lost the ball but his decision-making seemed all wrong. He always puts in a shift though and he's looked decent in pre-season so will always be an option.

All in all though, delighted to start with 3 points and happy in the knowledge there is still room for improvement as the boys get fitter and continue to gel.

PS: Though Naughton was worthy of a mention as well.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2016 18:10]
Mo & Jeff on 18:13 - Aug 13 with 2860 viewsjasper_T

Mo & Jeff on 18:07 - Aug 13 by Jzjack

Montero definitely seems to favour the floated, stood up ball which we haven't had the height or physical presence to really take advantage of previously. Llorente can exploit that now and, although he definitely looked rusty with a couple of his chances, it was great to see him doing the things a classy, experienced striker of his physical presence should be doing. I.e. winning free kicks, holding the ball up, linking play and, of course, winning headers.

Someone else mentioned earlier that he was quicker than he looks and I agree with that. He's never going to beat Vardy in a foot race but he's no lummox.

Both Barrow and Montero looked like they could skin the full backs and Mo definitely made an impact when he came on - he's unpredictable but his pace will cause many defences problems.

Routledge had a poor game. Not just because of the amount of times he lost the ball but his decision-making seemed all wrong. He always puts in a shift though and he's looked decent in pre-season so will always be an option.

All in all though, delighted to start with 3 points and happy in the knowledge there is still room for improvement as the boys get fitter and continue to gel.

Which one is Mo again?
Mo & Jeff on 18:19 - Aug 13 with 2813 viewsjack247

Mo & Jeff on 18:07 - Aug 13 by Jzjack

I thought Naughton had a decent game too.

Llorentes problem was that he was totally isolated. He is obviously good in the air, can hold the ball up and looks comfortable in possession. We need to get players around him
Mo & Jeff on 18:25 - Aug 13 with 2772 viewsFar_Post

Mo & Jeff on 18:19 - Aug 13 by jack247

Llorentes problem was that he was totally isolated. He is obviously good in the air, can hold the ball up and looks comfortable in possession. We need to get players around him

That will be case once Siggy gets more game time.

I like the options we have out wide in Routs, Dyer, Jeff and Barrow. All have the strengths and weaknesses, will be interesting how Guido uses them.

Blog: The C Word

Mo & Jeff on 18:31 - Aug 13 with 2731 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mo & Jeff on 18:19 - Aug 13 by jack247

It was a rusty performance but it will come. Barrow was superb on times and Montero made a difference when he came on along with Gylfi getting into the game as well.
Llorente looks to be a class buy and with the right service he will thrive, as will Borja.

We'll be a much sterner proposition for Hull on Saturday that's for sure.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mo & Jeff on 18:46 - Aug 13 with 2666 viewsnyc_swans

they're exciting but they have to be used properly.

i don't understand the people who clamor for both of them to start. i think the brilliant moments each of them have cloud the judgment. but they are moments, only. having one of them on the bench ready to stretch a game is ideal.

today they were used well.
Mo & Jeff on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 2345 viewskarnataka

Mo & Jeff on 18:46 - Aug 13 by nyc_swans

they're exciting but they have to be used properly.

i don't understand the people who clamor for both of them to start. i think the brilliant moments each of them have cloud the judgment. but they are moments, only. having one of them on the bench ready to stretch a game is ideal.

today they were used well.

Agree with that 100%. Both Mo & Jeff can destroy fullbacks when they're on song but can leave their own fullbacks exposed. I hope Barrow gets physically stronger as the season progresses because he does't look like a 90 minute player to me yet. Completely faded out of the picture this afternoon in the 2nd half so it was good to have Jeff to come on and put the pressure on again.
Mo & Jeff on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 2311 viewsjack247

Mo & Jeff on 21:01 - Aug 13 by karnataka

Agree with that 100%. Both Mo & Jeff can destroy fullbacks when they're on song but can leave their own fullbacks exposed. I hope Barrow gets physically stronger as the season progresses because he does't look like a 90 minute player to me yet. Completely faded out of the picture this afternoon in the 2nd half so it was good to have Jeff to come on and put the pressure on again.

Exactly. Some of our fans don't realise they expose our fullbacks. Easier to blame Taylor than see the full picture. Both can be devastating if used the right way though, particularly now they have someone to cross to
Login to get fewer ads

Mo & Jeff on 21:46 - Aug 13 with 2233 viewsLeonisGod

Mo & Jeff on 21:01 - Aug 13 by karnataka

Neither do 90 minutes, so I've no problem with mixing them up with someone like Routs or Dyer, or Ayew when he was here, all of whom are more streetwise.

But both are unstoppable when on form though. A nice position to be in. I still think this should be (and needs to be) Barrow's breakthrough season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024