Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The need to sign another CB 11:21 - Aug 14 with 3710 viewsDaggyjack

A very solid looking performance yesterday from FF and Jordi but we need to sign another CB as Guidolin has said.
Would you sign a top CB to play / challenge these two for a starting spot or sign someone similar to VDH to be back-up?
My worry if we don't sign quality is the number of yellow cards FF and Amat will pick up (both had one yesterday) which will lead to both being suspended throughout the season.
I would buy quality so that we have 3 very good defenders fighting for two spots with VDH as a further back -up.
The need to sign another CB on 11:23 - Aug 14 with 2538 viewsDr_Winston

I'd sign someone good enough to displace either Fernandez or Amat. We've got the money, so no skimping.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The need to sign another CB on 11:57 - Aug 14 with 2445 viewsAnotherJohn

Still not convinced that either JA or FF are consistent enough to maintain top form through a season - so I would go for the best we can afford.
The need to sign another CB on 12:08 - Aug 14 with 2389 viewsgiantstoneater

JA and FF will both pick up yellows for sure but my main concern is Amat' s injury record injuries seem to come at regular intervals for him. As for another centre half I'm very surprised that FG hasn't brought in a player that has played for him before perhaps he may try and bring someone that's tried and trusted for him it would be foolish not to bring another centre half in.
The need to sign another CB on 12:08 - Aug 14 with 2387 viewsDrizzy

Amat is better than Ash apparently.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The need to sign another CB on 12:12 - Aug 14 with 2369 viewsSwansea93

Van Dijk would of been a perfect choice, if only we had signed him when we had the chance when he was at Celtic.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The need to sign another CB on 12:27 - Aug 14 with 2331 viewsgiantstoneater

The need to sign another CB on 12:08 - Aug 14 by Drizzy

Amat has plenty of potential but has a long way to go before he can fill Ashleys boots but he's gone and for the time being we should forget him and just concentrate on who we've got and perhaps on this occasion HJ will perhaps allow FG to bring in one of his trusted henchmen at the back no rush only two weeks of the window left.
The need to sign another CB on 12:30 - Aug 14 with 2319 viewsjasper_T

The need to sign another CB on 12:12 - Aug 14 by Swansea93

Van Dijk would of been a perfect choice, if only we had signed him when we had the chance when he was at Celtic.

He was out of our price range and wouldn't have chosen us over Southampton.
The need to sign another CB on 15:08 - Aug 14 with 2141 viewsMagic_Michu

Amat is certainly better than Fernandez

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Login to get fewer ads

The need to sign another CB on 15:13 - Aug 14 with 2117 viewshobo

Ash was playing league 2 football at Amat's age. Amat has the potential to be twice the player Ash is
The need to sign another CB on 15:20 - Aug 14 with 2083 viewsTheFranchise

This is where we need to make a statement to the rest, a really solid centre half as good or better than Ash. Someone with a bit of a name already. Do that and our spine is very strong.
The need to sign another CB on 15:44 - Aug 14 with 2008 viewsDaggyjack

The need to sign another CB on 15:20 - Aug 14 by TheFranchise

This is where we need to make a statement to the rest, a really solid centre half as good or better than Ash. Someone with a bit of a name already. Do that and our spine is very strong.

I agree, not sure who but I agree.
Have a feeling that we may buy Radnar Sigurdsson from Krasnodar....not sure if he I what we need and he is 30...sure that they would have asked Siggy about his ability to cut it in the PL. He's our type of signing, prob in the £5 million bracket and wages not a problem.
The need to sign another CB on 15:56 - Aug 14 with 1973 viewsGriffting

For me, if we sign a big imposing centre half of quality, then Fernandez should be worrying about his place.
The need to sign another CB on 16:02 - Aug 14 with 1945 viewsshandyjack

with Man City moving Kolarov into CH, do you think Mangala would be an option on loan, what about a loan move for Denayer?

Poll: Expectation for the season

The need to sign another CB on 16:17 - Aug 14 with 1901 viewsstid

The need to sign another CB on 16:02 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

with Man City moving Kolarov into CH, do you think Mangala would be an option on loan, what about a loan move for Denayer?

Both S##T.
The need to sign another CB on 16:19 - Aug 14 with 1898 viewsshandyjack

The need to sign another CB on 16:17 - Aug 14 by stid

Both S##T.

Managla was definately not s~~t before he signed for Man City, he was one of the most looked at CH's before his move. Denayer looks a real prospect, don't know how much you've seen of him to make that judgement, or are you going off one game?

The need to sign another CB on 16:24 - Aug 14 with 1883 viewsstid

Mangala done it in a small league but aint had a good game in the PL. As for the Belgium lad he is no upgrade on Amat or Fede so why would be pay the 12-15m fee? Ash was a warrior so if we do replace him it needs to be a solid experienced cb not some young prospect.
The need to sign another CB on 16:26 - Aug 14 with 1880 viewsDJack

Fair point but do you remember how poor Ash was in his early seasons. Before you point out Amat has had years with us I'm talking game time. Give Jordi a chance.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The need to sign another CB on 16:30 - Aug 14 with 1869 viewsshandyjack

The need to sign another CB on 16:24 - Aug 14 by stid

Mangala done it in a small league but aint had a good game in the PL. As for the Belgium lad he is no upgrade on Amat or Fede so why would be pay the 12-15m fee? Ash was a warrior so if we do replace him it needs to be a solid experienced cb not some young prospect.

What makes you say he isn't an upgrade, i've seen him a few times and he looks a very strong solid defender

The need to sign another CB on 16:34 - Aug 14 with 1847 viewsstid

Who does he replace? We cannot replace Ash for a youngster with less experience than any of the three cbs we already have. Simply the fact he is at Man City people like yourself believe the hype. IM sorry but if you cannot get in a team at cb over Kolarov we should not be interested.
The need to sign another CB on 16:36 - Aug 14 with 1828 viewsshandyjack

The need to sign another CB on 16:34 - Aug 14 by stid

Who does he replace? We cannot replace Ash for a youngster with less experience than any of the three cbs we already have. Simply the fact he is at Man City people like yourself believe the hype. IM sorry but if you cannot get in a team at cb over Kolarov we should not be interested.

got nothing to do with the fact he plkays for Man City, he just looks like a player who would add quality to our side at the back. Otamendi didn't start over Kolarov yesterday, are you suggesting you wouldn't take him in our team?

The need to sign another CB on 16:40 - Aug 14 with 1808 viewsjasper_T

The need to sign another CB on 16:30 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

What makes you say he isn't an upgrade, i've seen him a few times and he looks a very strong solid defender

He's got more mistakes in him than a Harry Kane maths test.
The need to sign another CB on 16:40 - Aug 14 with 1808 viewsstid

The need to sign another CB on 16:36 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

got nothing to do with the fact he plkays for Man City, he just looks like a player who would add quality to our side at the back. Otamendi didn't start over Kolarov yesterday, are you suggesting you wouldn't take him in our team?

Where have you seen him play? In the SPL and Turkish league for god sakes cause the 2 times he has faced Wales he has been utter S~~t. Otamendi is injured...
The need to sign another CB on 16:41 - Aug 14 with 1805 viewsairedale

I think that the sale of Ash has shown that good CBs cost an arm and a leg these days.
The need to sign another CB on 16:45 - Aug 14 with 1791 viewsshandyjack

The need to sign another CB on 16:40 - Aug 14 by stid

Where have you seen him play? In the SPL and Turkish league for god sakes cause the 2 times he has faced Wales he has been utter S~~t. Otamendi is injured...

ok agree to disagree, neither of us will change the others mind on this one

The need to sign another CB on 16:48 - Aug 14 with 1773 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Would like to see how good Van De Hoorn is before blowing out on a CB signing

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024