Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday night football 18:31 - Aug 19 with 2828 viewsMurph75

Thoughts?

I'd prefer a home KO on a Friday night rather than a 4pm KO on a Sunday.
Friday night football on 18:37 - Aug 19 with 2816 viewsraynor94

Me too, used to love Friday night games

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Friday night football on 18:42 - Aug 19 with 2794 viewsjack247

Friday night football on 18:37 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Me too, used to love Friday night games

Yep. Back in the days when we cared about the six nations affecting our attendances. Friday night games used to have a bit more buzz about them
Friday night football on 18:45 - Aug 19 with 2780 viewsMurph75

Friday night football on 18:42 - Aug 19 by jack247

Yep. Back in the days when we cared about the six nations affecting our attendances. Friday night games used to have a bit more buzz about them

Yep definite buzz about a Friday night game.
Friday night football on 19:33 - Aug 19 with 2704 viewsJackfath

Friday night football on 18:45 - Aug 19 by Murph75

Yep definite buzz about a Friday night game.

More people had beers. Whole weekend ahead of them - a great way to start the weekend. Freezing cold, floodlights on. I love Friday night games.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Friday night football on 19:41 - Aug 19 with 2671 viewsplasjack

Friday night football on 19:33 - Aug 19 by Jackfath

More people had beers. Whole weekend ahead of them - a great way to start the weekend. Freezing cold, floodlights on. I love Friday night games.

I thought it was summer.
Friday night football on 20:29 - Aug 19 with 2576 viewssherpajacob

And if the all whites were entertaining the all blacks.

I distinctly remember John toshack programme notes in which he hoped swansea rugby fixtures would soon be moved to accommodate swans v man utd or Liverpool.

In the first days of live matches bbc had Friday night games and itv had Sunday.

The atmosphere always seemed better at the friday games.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Friday night football on 20:31 - Aug 19 with 2565 viewsexiledclaseboy

Early finish, out straight from work, drunk as f*ck by kick off time. Bring 'em back.

Poll: Tory leader

Friday night football on 20:36 - Aug 19 with 2536 viewsDr_Winston

Friday night games are better than Saturday afternoon games.

Fact.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Friday night football on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 2527 views1983

Out out!! clothes on then into Central Park/Ritzys after the match

Friday night football on 20:41 - Aug 19 with 2511 viewsJackFish

Always used to enjoy Friday night games at the Vetch. Bit of a pain in the arse if they're away though.
Friday night football on 21:12 - Aug 19 with 2419 viewsbuilthjack

They sold more Bovril on Friday nights, and you couldn't see the pi$$ all over the floor of the toilets.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Friday night football on 21:21 - Aug 19 with 2383 viewsdailew

Manure 2 up.

Results going our way so far. Only WBA from our rival;s have won so far.

Zlatan with both goals. Not a bad start.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Friday night football on 21:34 - Aug 19 with 2349 viewsDewi1jack

Rose tinted specs.
Depending on if we had some crowd or not.
If the ground was emptyish (down around the 1200- 1500 mark), p1ssing down with rain, cold winters night, everyone asking "what the fug are we doing here?" the atmosphere was as bad as a Saturday afternoon under the same conditions.
A bouncing NB and the noise level seemed to be two or three times up as for the same conditions on a Saturday.
Saying that, the early Sunday KO's against our inferior Welsh cousins (seem to remember one kicking off either 9ish or 10ish) had a very poor atmosphere as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Friday night football on 21:42 - Aug 19 with 2329 viewsMurph75

Friday night football on 21:34 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

Rose tinted specs.
If the ground was emptyish (down around the 1200- 1500 mark), p1ssing down with rain, cold winters night, everyone asking "what the fug are we doing here?" the atmosphere was as bad as a Saturday afternoon under the same conditions.
A bouncing NB and the noise level seemed to be two or three times up as for the same conditions on a Saturday.
Saying that, the early Sunday KO's against our inferior Welsh cousins (seem to remember one kicking off either 9ish or 10ish) had a very poor atmosphere as well

I disagree with the atmosphere being better on a Saturday. Night games at the Vetch had a special aura about them. Regardless of who we played.
Friday night football on 21:58 - Aug 19 with 2271 viewsDewi1jack

Friday night football on 21:42 - Aug 19 by Murph75

I disagree with the atmosphere being better on a Saturday. Night games at the Vetch had a special aura about them. Regardless of who we played.

I never said it was better as on a Saturday.
Both could be bad, especially when we were atrocious!
And as someone said "you couldn't see the floor in the NB bog" on a night game (probably for the best!)
Still knew you had a Nuclear Thermal pasty in your pocket though!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Friday night football on 22:03 - Aug 19 with 2249 viewsMurph75

Friday night football on 21:58 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

I never said it was better as on a Saturday.
Both could be bad, especially when we were atrocious!
And as someone said "you couldn't see the floor in the NB bog" on a night game (probably for the best!)
Still knew you had a Nuclear Thermal pasty in your pocket though!

Maybe I misinterpreted the quote below from you?

"A bouncing NB and the noise level seemed to be two or three times up as for the same conditions on a Saturday."
Friday night football on 22:08 - Aug 19 with 2243 viewsjack247

Friday night football on 21:34 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

Rose tinted specs.

Nah. There was a clear difference between Friday night and midweek games. Certainly a difference between Friday's and Saturdays.

When did we ever have crowds of 1200-1500?

Edit - just realised football didn't start when I started going. You may have been referring to the seventies or eighties
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 22:11]
Friday night football on 22:17 - Aug 19 with 2202 viewsDewi1jack

Friday night football on 22:03 - Aug 19 by Murph75

Maybe I misinterpreted the quote below from you?

"A bouncing NB and the noise level seemed to be two or three times up as for the same conditions on a Saturday."

Now read it out loud and you will understand that I'm saying Friday night (under similar conditions) was noisier than a Saturday afternoon.
Should I have used the word louder instead of up? Does that help?

Friday night football on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 2010 viewsMurph75

Friday night football on 22:17 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

Now read it out loud and you will understand that I'm saying Friday night (under similar conditions) was noisier than a Saturday afternoon.
Should I have used the word louder instead of up? Does that help?

Like I said it was a misinterpretation by myself. Maybe try thinking a little more about what you type rather than typing how you speak??

Just a thought.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024