Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Camber sands 23:27 - Aug 24 with 4691 viewscontroversial_jack

Five drowned on Camber sands. Awful tragedy. The sea didn't look rough either, very unusual. Awful for the families.
Camber sands on 00:20 - Aug 25 with 4224 viewsLord_Bony

Looks like rip tides again.

That brings the death toll from UK coastal waters to 11 in just the last 5 days.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Camber sands on 00:49 - Aug 25 with 4202 viewsskippyjack

People have been swept away by 4ft rivers.. yet when it's the ocean that covers half the world.. it's unusual.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Camber sands on 06:23 - Aug 25 with 4147 viewsepaul

Use to go there quite a bit, it's a nice beach but has a vicious cross wind

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Camber sands on 07:44 - Aug 25 with 4093 viewsdickythorpe

Rumours say some were fully clothed, possibly migrants?
Camber sands on 08:11 - Aug 25 with 4069 viewsAnotherJohn

Many moons ago, just after finals, my group of UG university friends made a long drive there as one of the last things we did together. It is a great beach in an area with few really good beaches.
Camber sands on 10:46 - Aug 25 with 3971 viewsmax936

Camber sands on 08:11 - Aug 25 by AnotherJohn

Many moons ago, just after finals, my group of UG university friends made a long drive there as one of the last things we did together. It is a great beach in an area with few really good beaches.

I've a couple of Bass fishing mates who live up near there and it can be a very prolific beach for catching fish, due to the tidal currents, which says it all, Spring tides even on the calmest of days can catch you out due to the fast movement of the tide.
Worst sea conditions lve experienced over the last 5 yrs were at the beach in Cala de Majorca conditions looked fantastic with a very good surf for a decent swim and some fun, but as soon as you got into the water to waist deep you could feel the pull of the water pulling you under, unfortunately the lifeguards pulled a gent out and despite their best efforts they couldn't save him, they stopped people from entering the water soon after, went there a few days later and it was like a different beach.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Camber sands on 10:54 - Aug 25 with 3964 viewsDarran

A few of us hired a house on Camber Sands a couple of years ago the house was virtually on the beach so when the tide was in dopey went in for a dip,it was perfectly calm then all of a sudden a massive wave came from nowhere and hit me up in the f*cking air,my mate took a photo.
Cracking house mind.

http://www.camberbeach.co.uk/sea-gem.html

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Camber sands on 11:14 - Aug 25 with 3946 viewscontroversial_jack

Camber sands on 10:46 - Aug 25 by max936

I've a couple of Bass fishing mates who live up near there and it can be a very prolific beach for catching fish, due to the tidal currents, which says it all, Spring tides even on the calmest of days can catch you out due to the fast movement of the tide.
Worst sea conditions lve experienced over the last 5 yrs were at the beach in Cala de Majorca conditions looked fantastic with a very good surf for a decent swim and some fun, but as soon as you got into the water to waist deep you could feel the pull of the water pulling you under, unfortunately the lifeguards pulled a gent out and despite their best efforts they couldn't save him, they stopped people from entering the water soon after, went there a few days later and it was like a different beach.

Majorca doesn't have much of a tide, what you experienced was a rip current, and it won't pull you under, as water finds it's own level, but it will can your feet from under you as it's a fast moving, but narrow current. It's the biggest killer on beaches worldwide.

You can actually learn to spot them before you enter the water. Here is a good video

Login to get fewer ads

Camber sands on 13:07 - Aug 25 with 3868 viewsperchrockjack

Katie Hopkins again at it looking at drawing humour from tragedy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Camber sands on 13:11 - Aug 25 with 3866 viewsdickythorpe

Camber sands on 10:54 - Aug 25 by Darran

A few of us hired a house on Camber Sands a couple of years ago the house was virtually on the beach so when the tide was in dopey went in for a dip,it was perfectly calm then all of a sudden a massive wave came from nowhere and hit me up in the f*cking air,my mate took a photo.
Cracking house mind.

Free Willy
Camber sands on 13:58 - Aug 25 with 3829 viewsmax936

Camber sands on 11:14 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

Majorca doesn't have much of a tide, what you experienced was a rip current, and it won't pull you under, as water finds it's own level, but it will can your feet from under you as it's a fast moving, but narrow current. It's the biggest killer on beaches worldwide.

You can actually learn to spot them before you enter the water. Here is a good video

Thanks for that, but my experience of the Sea is extensive, l won't bore you with details but l spent probably 5 yrs of my teenage life on Langland and Rossili beaches as a voluntary lifeguard my swimming credencials speak for themselves as well, l was lucky enough to have learnt off the best Mr Gordon Grey.

Camber sands on 14:21 - Aug 25 with 3801 viewsDarran

Camber sands on 13:58 - Aug 25 by max936

Thanks for that, but my experience of the Sea is extensive, l won't bore you with details but l spent probably 5 yrs of my teenage life on Langland and Rossili beaches as a voluntary lifeguard my swimming credencials speak for themselves as well, l was lucky enough to have learnt off the best Mr Gordon Grey.

F*cking hell.

Camber sands on 15:12 - Aug 25 with 3772 viewsLord_Bony

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Camber sands on 15:20 - Aug 25 with 3757 viewsBanosswan

Cracking house mind.

Man with balancing issues in getting knocked off foot by small wave shocker...

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Camber sands on 16:48 - Aug 25 with 3698 viewsmax936

Camber sands on 15:20 - Aug 25 by Banosswan

Man with balancing issues in getting knocked off foot by small wave shocker...

Those mushies up on Baglan mountain have a lot to answer for, hotdogs for tea mum.

Camber sands on 16:58 - Aug 25 with 3685 viewsJackfath

I always knew he reminded me of someone

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Camber sands on 17:05 - Aug 25 with 3672 viewsDarran

Camber sands on 16:58 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

I always knew he reminded me of someone

Camber sands on 17:12 - Aug 25 with 3665 viewsswanstillidai

F*ck me!

Hark at Popeye by ere!
Camber sands on 17:32 - Aug 25 with 3636 viewscontroversial_jack

It wasn't meant for you , but the whole site. I also feel very passionate about water safety, having experience myself
Camber sands on 17:33 - Aug 25 with 3632 viewscontroversial_jack

Cracking house mind.

Thar she blows, Captn.
Camber sands on 17:38 - Aug 25 with 3629 viewsGowerjack

Camber sands on 17:33 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

Thar she blows, Captn.

Christ I hope not....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Camber sands on 19:37 - Aug 25 with 3566 viewsexiledclaseboy

They do it down on Camber Sands, they do it at Waikiki.

Poll: Tory leader

Camber sands on 19:39 - Aug 25 with 3562 viewsLord_Bony

Camber sands on 19:37 - Aug 25 by exiledclaseboy

They do it down on Camber Sands, they do it at Waikiki.

Was waiting for that one...class

Camber sands on 19:43 - Aug 25 with 3553 viewsmax936

Camber sands on 17:32 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

It wasn't meant for you , but the whole site. I also feel very passionate about water safety, having experience myself

Camber sands on 22:17 - Aug 25 with 3482 viewsmax936

Camber sands on 17:33 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

Thar she blows, Captn.

That's Oliver Reed after a night on the tiles, trying to blow the cob webs off mun.

Only water Dazbag as ever entered is his bath tub once a yr and that was only when Jackfath called round. Fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024