Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well.. 22:03 - Aug 27 with 7999 viewsGriffting

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37206696

Now I'm getting a little bit concerned.
Well.. on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 5972 viewsLoyal

But not surprised ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Well.. on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 5971 viewsmonmouth

Hasn't this consistently been said to be the case for a while now? Agree or disagree, not sure why anyone would be surprised?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Well.. on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 5964 viewsTheKirkyLife

It's not even 'last defensive signing' it's 'last signing'. So what we're not even going to have a cheeky bid for Chadli just to see where we are?

It's not that I think we'll get relegated with the squad we have but this is almost like just getting by to be honest. I don't even know who to aim my criticism at; Guidolin for thinking his squad is good enough (you can always improve), Jenkins for thinking he's God amongst transfers (he clearly isn't) or the owners for not wanting to invest ON the pitch first rather than in the pitch itself.
Well.. on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 5927 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Very short sighted.
N/A. on 22:11 - Aug 27 with 5914 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:07]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Well.. on 22:12 - Aug 27 with 5905 viewsGriffting

Well.. on 22:06 - Aug 27 by monmouth

Hasn't this consistently been said to be the case for a while now? Agree or disagree, not sure why anyone would be surprised?

Truth is no one really knew. Because before Llorente and Borja Huw said that 3 would come in and that was before trying to replace anyone else. We then bring in 2 strikers, 2 other players leave and all of a sudden it's replace Williams and that's it. I was (and still am) hoping we are holding our cards close to our chest because we need 2 (defender and winger/no 10 back up) minimum I'd say.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 22:13]
Well.. on 22:18 - Aug 27 with 5873 viewsmonmouth

Well.. on 22:12 - Aug 27 by Griffting

Truth is no one really knew. Because before Llorente and Borja Huw said that 3 would come in and that was before trying to replace anyone else. We then bring in 2 strikers, 2 other players leave and all of a sudden it's replace Williams and that's it. I was (and still am) hoping we are holding our cards close to our chest because we need 2 (defender and winger/no 10 back up) minimum I'd say.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 22:13]

We might do something out of the blue yet, but I'd be astonished, given Jenkins thinking time is measured in dog years. I share your concern by the way, although I don't think Chadli is any answer. I wouldn't mind seeing some money spent on a competent defensive coach to be honest, if we're bringing in a rookie centre back.. It's leaking stupid soft goals that will kill us if anything does.

Well.. on 22:57 - Aug 27 with 5724 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We badly need an alternative to Siggy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Well.. on 23:00 - Aug 27 with 5695 viewsAl_Bundy

After today's farcial defending we'll struggle big time if nothing is done to replace both CB's
Well.. on 23:02 - Aug 27 with 5686 viewsmonmouth

Well.. on 22:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

After watching the last two games I'll put the tin helmet on and say we need someone significantly better than Siggy providing the bullets (edit - I mean on that evidence).

I hope it is lack of match fitness, not the fact he's too comfy.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 23:03]

Well.. on 23:09 - Aug 27 with 5649 viewsmagicdaps10

2/3 players to come and replace what goes was what Huey said before Ayew and Williams left.
We get in Llorente and Baston so as far as i am concerned we are still after Ash and Ayew's replacement, Mawson in my eyes is not Ash's replacement.

Am i surprised with what Curtis is saying? No, not at all. I am at a loss to what is happening and cant believe they genuinely think we are good to go with what we have.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Well.. on 23:12 - Aug 27 with 5627 viewsKrisP

Well.. on 22:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

He's had a couple of bad games. A bit premature to be signing a replacement I think. Unless by "alternative" you mean "backup." For me he's still our best player, with the number ten role far down our list of priorities.
Well.. on 23:22 - Aug 27 with 5574 viewsmagicdaps10

Siggy is obviously not up to fitness, we are lucky to have him.

It amazes me that if we do not sign the players required that the guys or guy making the calls on the subject genuinely believes we do not need strengthening. It is clear we need a centre back ready for premier league football and a creative attacking midfielder capable of getting goals who can play in the hole and out wide.

Jenkins was with others our saviors but he is slowly bursting our premier league journey. There is cautious and then there is over cautious. Investment was the key word from Huw, lets see some investment in what is needed at present.............the first 11.

Well.. on 23:31 - Aug 27 with 5522 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well.. on 23:12 - Aug 27 by KrisP

He's had a couple of bad games. A bit premature to be signing a replacement I think. Unless by "alternative" you mean "backup." For me he's still our best player, with the number ten role far down our list of priorities.

A bit of both really. We need an alternative player in style to change games when we need to

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Well.. on 23:36 - Aug 27 with 5499 viewsjasper_T

Well.. on 23:31 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

A bit of both really. We need an alternative player in style to change games when we need to

The alternative style would be a change of shape that doesn't use a 10, like the West Ham game last season.

It's the straight swap that we lack.
Well.. on 23:40 - Aug 27 with 5474 viewsawayjack

Well.. on 23:22 - Aug 27 by magicdaps10

It amazes me that if we do not sign the players required that the guys or guy making the calls on the subject genuinely believes we do not need strengthening. It is clear we need a centre back ready for premier league football and a creative attacking midfielder capable of getting goals who can play in the hole and out wide.

Jenkins was with others our saviors but he is slowly bursting our premier league journey. There is cautious and then there is over cautious. Investment was the key word from Huw, lets see some investment in what is needed at present.............the first 11.

Agree with this. Is it caution or HJ honestly believes our squad is strong enough to go to 'the next level'?
Well.. on 23:45 - Aug 27 with 5451 viewsowainglyndwr

The way our CB, s are playing I will surprised if we do not conced a pen almost every week.
Poor defence at the moment.
Best form of defence is to attack.
Well.. on 23:47 - Aug 27 with 5438 viewsmagicdaps10

Well.. on 23:40 - Aug 27 by awayjack

Agree with this. Is it caution or HJ honestly believes our squad is strong enough to go to 'the next level'?

If Huw 100% believes that we are good enough with what we have then he needs to just fook off now.

I have no doubt he started off at the club in the best interest, without doubt BUT money changes people, he is getting paid sums of money he would have only dreamed of 10 years ago...........the bigger the income then the bigger the dividend or bonus or whatever you want to call it.

We were told we were to have investment, yet we have made a profit of around 20M in players leaving compared to players arriving. That 20M should be atleast put back into the team and infact with the talk of investment, a couple of quid put on top of that total.
Nothing against this kid Mawson, i really hope he does a job for us but bringing him in as Ash's replacement is taking the piss out of the manager, the staff, the players and most importantly the fans. We can all see what we need and i just hope Curt is spouting off without knowing 100% the truth, or he is playing a bit of cat and mouse to the build up to the close of the window.

Well.. on 23:49 - Aug 27 with 5428 viewsLoyal

Well.. on 23:22 - Aug 27 by magicdaps10

If gylfii isn't fit he should be ashamed of himself. That's all he does ffs 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

N/A. on 00:13 - Aug 28 with 5380 viewsHuw57

N/A.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Well.. on 00:21 - Aug 28 with 5338 viewsharryhpalmer

how quick is McCarthy of Everton?

He couldn't even get in the match day squad, and is looking for a move.

Can pass the ball the Swansea Way. Has a lot of dog about him in the tackle.

We are definitely missing that kind of driving influence in the middle of the park, and speed.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Well.. on 00:28 - Aug 28 with 5312 viewsTheKirkyLife

N/A. on 00:13 - Aug 28 by Huw57

N/A.

Utterly shocking.
Well.. on 01:19 - Aug 28 with 5220 viewsgiantstoneater

Well.. on 22:06 - Aug 27 by TheKirkyLife

It's not even 'last defensive signing' it's 'last signing'. So what we're not even going to have a cheeky bid for Chadli just to see where we are?

It's not that I think we'll get relegated with the squad we have but this is almost like just getting by to be honest. I don't even know who to aim my criticism at; Guidolin for thinking his squad is good enough (you can always improve), Jenkins for thinking he's God amongst transfers (he clearly isn't) or the owners for not wanting to invest ON the pitch first rather than in the pitch itself.

Sunderland have been getting by for a few seasons now once you get into that groove it's hard to get out of it I hope we're not going to settle for just getting by. I think we are guilty of not addressing problems and creating new ones.
Well.. on 01:23 - Aug 28 with 5207 viewsGriffting

Well.. on 00:28 - Aug 28 by TheKirkyLife

Utterly shocking.

I despair. Can we not compete with West Brom these days. We've been after this guy since he went to Spurs and it looks like we're going to miss out once again. Christ.
Well.. on 01:31 - Aug 28 with 5192 viewsUplandsJack

I'm not convinced this is the right guy for us, but for anyone in the club to honestly think we currently have enough quality in our squad, to go the season or at least till January. Must either be off their nut, or bull-shitting to tow the party line.....
Guys be concerned, very concerned!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024