Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. 20:32 - Aug 31 with 3067 viewsawayjack

Forget the bullshit words about 'investment for the next level' our dealings in this transfer market was the action to indicate what the Yanks and Huw really had planned. Our large net profit of player sales tells us what the plan is.. wouldn't be suprised if it was agreed as part of the sale. It would help explain our pathetic attempt at transfer dealing.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:34]
Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:34 - Aug 31 with 2052 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yup.

NO investment whatsoever.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:35 - Aug 31 with 2008 viewsDr_Winston

This is a recently typical Jenkins window. We could have done business like this even if the Americans hadn't got involved.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:37 - Aug 31 with 1952 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Give over....

This black or white view that we either have to spend every single penny we ever receive on transfer fees or it's proof we're undergoing 'asset stripping' is rather tiresome.

The club is just being run as it always has been. Fairly conservatively - we just have new people taking the dividends.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 1948 viewsLeonisGod

There were never any promises that major funds would be made available for transfers. So anyone expecting it is has unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying I agree and that it's good, but it was obvious from the first we heard of the buy out that the plan would be to try to develop rather than buy players. I think they mentioned something like £30m in total for infrastructure improvements and the playing budget. Expansion would take £15-20m of that, increased player salaries for new deals a good chunk more. Frustrating, but no surprise.

On th other hand they have shown a willingness to step up to bigger money if the player is though to be worth it (e.g. Baston -I hope he's a goal machine,cos we're going to need plenty of them with our defense).
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:40 - Aug 31 with 1890 viewsUplandsJack

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:35 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

This is a recently typical Jenkins window. We could have done business like this even if the Americans hadn't got involved.

This is exactly how I feel...
That's why I'm adamant HJ needs to go. Then there would be no one for them to hide behind and blame... You can see it now,... We gave Huw the money, he just chose not to spend it. We thought he knew what he was doing...etc....
Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:43 - Aug 31 with 1818 viewstylagarwjack

Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:38 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

There were never any promises that major funds would be made available for transfers. So anyone expecting it is has unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying I agree and that it's good, but it was obvious from the first we heard of the buy out that the plan would be to try to develop rather than buy players. I think they mentioned something like £30m in total for infrastructure improvements and the playing budget. Expansion would take £15-20m of that, increased player salaries for new deals a good chunk more. Frustrating, but no surprise.

On th other hand they have shown a willingness to step up to bigger money if the player is though to be worth it (e.g. Baston -I hope he's a goal machine,cos we're going to need plenty of them with our defense).

HJ was quoted as saying that with the Americans backing we would be able to take a few more risks than before, and we are certainly are doing, mainly with our Premier League status at the moment!
Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:43 - Aug 31 with 1816 viewslondonlisa2001

Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:38 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

They haven't shown any willingness to step up with money.

We made a £5m profit (more than that actually with wages and signing on fees saved) with Ayew out and Baston in. £7m profit on Williams out and Mawson in.

I believe that making a profit in this window with so many glaring inadequacies in our squad is phenomenally stupid and short termist. The club also believe that the squad has inadequacies by the way - we know that because we've tried to sign players for two positions over the past couple of days.

I don't believe they are asset stripping - I believe our recruitment to be incompetent.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:44 - Aug 31 with 1798 viewsDr_Winston

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:40 - Aug 31 by UplandsJack

This is exactly how I feel...
That's why I'm adamant HJ needs to go. Then there would be no one for them to hide behind and blame... You can see it now,... We gave Huw the money, he just chose not to spend it. We thought he knew what he was doing...etc....

For the most part of his time as chairman he has known what he's doing, and rightly or wrongly they've trusted him to carry on running the club in the same manner.

I don't particularly buy the image of moustache twirling Yanks loading bags of cash onto a plane at Fairwood. They've probably not had an awful lot of involvement in this window, other than rubber stamping deals.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:45 - Aug 31 with 1793 viewsPozuelosSideys

Given that we have a net surplus on transfer fees and that we have shipped out our biggest earners, the question is "wheres teh fcking money"?

Other clubs are spending big as they have the funds which are offset by the tv deal. We seem to be sitting on the cash. Why?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:45 - Aug 31 with 1782 viewsmax936

Baston could well be a real talent and a good investment, but he's not gonna fetch the ball out of defence and midfield or create enough opportunities to be able to score those goals, that's the point we lack creativity in the middle and at least one winger was needed to freshen us up to supply him with the ball to score those goals and that's without mentioning the need for a Fullback or maybe two.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 1766 viewsexiledclaseboy

Has anyone considered the admittedly novel notion that the manager might be happy with his playing squad and doesn't fell that he needs any new additions right now?

Poll: Tory leader

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 1765 viewslondonlisa2001

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:45 - Aug 31 by PozuelosSideys

Given that we have a net surplus on transfer fees and that we have shipped out our biggest earners, the question is "wheres teh fcking money"?

Other clubs are spending big as they have the funds which are offset by the tv deal. We seem to be sitting on the cash. Why?

Probably to fund the stadium / expansion that no one will need if we are relegated.

Incompetent.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:48 - Aug 31 with 1725 viewstylagarwjack

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:46 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

Has anyone considered the admittedly novel notion that the manager might be happy with his playing squad and doesn't fell that he needs any new additions right now?

Well he could do, he would need sectioning if he actually did though, and the attempt to sign Valencia would be against his will then?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:49]
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:48 - Aug 31 with 1722 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:46 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

But the manager was apparently entering into negotiations today with West Ham about Enner Vale....oh, you mean Francesco, don't you....?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:49 - Aug 31 with 1704 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Not crossed my mind, but I have seen all three games this season, maybe that influenced my thinking?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:50]

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1668 viewsPozuelosSideys

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:46 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Probably to fund the stadium / expansion that no one will need if we are relegated.

Incompetent.

Im struggling to find many positives.

ECB has alluded to that FG could be happy with his squad and thats why we arent adding.. if Frankie believes that then he is far stupider than we thought.

Are we to believe that the club have a list of 10 players for each position in terms of transfer targets, and that we couldnt get any of them for whatever reason? Jenkins is a fan at heart like the rest of us (despite what some think), i cant for a second believe that he cant see the holes in the squad and the negativity hanging over the club as a whole.

The whole thing stinks as PL status maintained on a shoestring for the new owners and given the way other teams are adding, this wont end well for us. Look at Stoke? I bet they are chuffed to bits with the way their squad has shaped up over the last 12 months. Imagine what somebody could do with that?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1666 viewsexiledclaseboy

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:48 - Aug 31 by tylagarwjack

Well he could do, he would need sectioning if he actually did though, and the attempt to sign Valencia would be against his will then?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:49]

Huw's going for constructive dismissal.

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1666 viewsperchrockjack

If the manager is happy right now then thst really is the crux of the matter.anyway, he says he has no say in recruiting players.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1655 viewsGowerjack

If only.

The manager has stated that he has little or nothing to do with player recruitment.

Which in itself is very worrying.

Lets face it HJ is nowhere near the genius at finding players that he thinks he is.

There may be trouble ahead.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1653 viewsexiledclaseboy

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

If the manager is happy right now then thst really is the crux of the matter.anyway, he says he has no say in recruiting players.

True. It was just a thought. Silly of me really.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:52]

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:52 - Aug 31 with 1648 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:51 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

Huw's going for constructive dismissal.

LOL

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 1596 viewsWatchman

he should not have said 'I am appy with my squad' he should have said i would still like us to get x, y, z pressure is now on him now if it goes pete tong the board will say he said in public you were happy with the squad

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:57 - Aug 31 with 1559 viewslondonlisa2001

If that were the case as it has been on many other deadline days, then fine.

We've tried to sign (at least) three players for two positions in the past 24 hours and have failed. Not the actions of a club or manager that are happy.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:59]
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:01 - Aug 31 with 1496 viewsWarwickHunt

Err...no.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 1465 viewsAngelRangelQS

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:01 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Err...no.

Let's be honest... Guidolin has shown how gutless he is this window. Any manager worth his salt wouldn't have put up with HJ antics
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024