Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This club become a joke. 20:51 - Aug 31 with 5136 viewsjoshdon10

I never have posted. Just come on here to check the news etc.

This club has become a joke. Getting rid of our best players pretty much a big offer comes in. It's about time we say no and stick by our words. Fed up of seeing our best players go after a few seasons rather by sticking to our guns and just do what west brom done to berahino. (Your under contract and we decided if you leave. If you throw a strop then sit on the bench)

I love huw for what he's done to our club but it's about time he let's go of his pride and let the managers decided what players they want. Not let huw choose them for him. Seeing stoke get Allen and now bony. Just sums it all up. Every club has seemed to have improved their squad. Apart from Baston the other signings seems to be not a improvement.

had to come on here and post that to see if anyone else feels the same. Because at the moment I don't feel confident going into the rest of the season..
This club become a joke. on 20:53 - Aug 31 with 4029 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Thanks for the input.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

This club become a joke. on 20:53 - Aug 31 with 4013 viewsPozuelosSideys

Mate, its not getting rid of the best players, its getting rid of the biggest earners. This was said a month or two ago. Get rid of them, add cheap option - moneyball.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

This club become a joke. on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 3965 viewsswanstillidai

"Not let huw choose them for him. Seeing stoke get Allen and now bony. Just sums it all up"

That's a contradiction in terms. If either of them had signed for us it would 100% be a Huw signing
This club become a joke. on 20:58 - Aug 31 with 3899 viewsjoshdon10

This club become a joke. on 20:55 - Aug 31 by swanstillidai

"Not let huw choose them for him. Seeing stoke get Allen and now bony. Just sums it all up"

That's a contradiction in terms. If either of them had signed for us it would 100% be a Huw signing

Wouldn't be a huw signing being as bony prob been one of our best strikers. Allen showed how good he was at the euros. If we made a serious effort then we could of got the pair of them.
This club become a joke. on 20:58 - Aug 31 with 3898 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

This club become a joke. on 20:53 - Aug 31 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, its not getting rid of the best players, its getting rid of the biggest earners. This was said a month or two ago. Get rid of them, add cheap option - moneyball.

I am all for ridding the club of the huge earners such as Gomis, Ayew and Williams and reverting to our previous strategy of less expensive players with obvious potential.

However, we are replacing them with further useless, expensive wastes of space such as Llorente and seemingly Valencia etc.

There appears to be no strategy other than raise a huge sum of money, bank most of it and waste the small % we do allocate to improve the squad.
This club become a joke. on 20:59 - Aug 31 with 3884 viewsmax936

Both Ayew and William's set their stall out to leave, the club couldn't do much about it in fairness in fact the story goes that the Americans tried to keep Williams at the last knockings, if players no longer want to be here, then its Ta Ra and rightly so for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

This club become a joke. on 20:59 - Aug 31 with 3856 viewsjesushchrist

Why do so many people think that We missed out on Joe Allen.
This club become a joke. on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 3843 viewsswanstillidai

This club become a joke. on 20:58 - Aug 31 by joshdon10

Wouldn't be a huw signing being as bony prob been one of our best strikers. Allen showed how good he was at the euros. If we made a serious effort then we could of got the pair of them.

OK then
Login to get fewer ads

This club become a joke. on 21:01 - Aug 31 with 3805 viewsswanstillidai

This club become a joke. on 20:59 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

He used to play for us see. Plus someone heard his Mrs wasn't happy
This club become a joke. on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 3750 viewsSwansNZ

We did.

We also missed out on Pogba.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

This club become a joke. on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 3732 viewsjoshdon10

This club become a joke. on 20:59 - Aug 31 by max936

Both Ayew and William's set their stall out to leave, the club couldn't do much about it in fairness in fact the story goes that the Americans tried to keep Williams at the last knockings, if players no longer want to be here, then its Ta Ra and rightly so for me.

Williams I can understand he been with us a long time and wanted his last break. Ayew haven't should of stood our ground. If ur going sell someone get someone In who is just as good or if not better. Then sell. Like the club have said we are not going to become a stepping stone.
This club become a joke. on 21:06 - Aug 31 with 3704 viewsjoshdon10

Do you think fer is a better player?
This club become a joke. on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 3638 viewsSwansNZ

This club become a joke. on 21:05 - Aug 31 by joshdon10

Williams I can understand he been with us a long time and wanted his last break. Ayew haven't should of stood our ground. If ur going sell someone get someone In who is just as good or if not better. Then sell. Like the club have said we are not going to become a stepping stone.

Ayew is a typical modern day football mercenary.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

This club become a joke. on 21:14 - Aug 31 with 3589 viewsGowerjack

Welcome joshdon10

It's good to see some new blood on here.

Makes a real change from some of the self obsessed posters you often have to endure on here.

Please keep contributing.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

This club become a joke. on 21:15 - Aug 31 with 3581 viewsnierika

I love how a few games at the Euros seems to matter more than the previous 40odd games of the season
This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 with 3541 viewsjesushchrist

This club become a joke. on 21:06 - Aug 31 by joshdon10

Do you think fer is a better player?

4 goals in 4 years.... At this moment in time I would take Leroy yes.
This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 with 3540 viewsLeonisGod

This club become a joke. on 20:53 - Aug 31 by PozuelosSideys

But apparently we offered to match Ash's salary at Everton according to his agent, so that's simply wrong. Ayew was always going to go - he'd practically stated last year that we were a stepping stone. Gomois was another big earner, and should have gone 6 months earlier. So we either wanted rid of them or they wanted to go even though we were prepared to pay. And who knows how much Llorente and Borja are on?

Ash is more worrying, not because he went necessarily, but because of why he went. If we were matching his salary it obviously wasn't about money. What does that say about the direction he felt we were going?
This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 with 3538 viewsairedale

I wonder how many man hours goes on recruitment of playing staff each week?
This club become a joke. on 21:19 - Aug 31 with 3511 viewsSwaneeRiver

This club become a joke. on 21:05 - Aug 31 by joshdon10

Baston has not kicked a ball in anger for us yet, and Llorente is not even up to speed ATM.
When both of those are playing to their full potential, they may both show that we did indeed sign better players than Ayew.
Especially as Ayew was unluckily injured and will be out for some time.
This club become a joke. on 21:20 - Aug 31 with 3492 viewsDr_Winston

This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

But apparently we offered to match Ash's salary at Everton according to his agent, so that's simply wrong. Ayew was always going to go - he'd practically stated last year that we were a stepping stone. Gomois was another big earner, and should have gone 6 months earlier. So we either wanted rid of them or they wanted to go even though we were prepared to pay. And who knows how much Llorente and Borja are on?

Ash is more worrying, not because he went necessarily, but because of why he went. If we were matching his salary it obviously wasn't about money. What does that say about the direction he felt we were going?

Or whether we signed his mates.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This club become a joke. on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 3456 viewstomdickharry

This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 by airedale

That's one of the things our new owners will be keen to know.
This club become a joke. on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 3442 viewsswanstillidai

This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 by airedale

Hours?

Bit generous.
This club become a joke. on 21:31 - Aug 31 with 3339 viewsmorningstar

This club become a joke. on 21:19 - Aug 31 by SwaneeRiver

Baston has not kicked a ball in anger for us yet, and Llorente is not even up to speed ATM.
When both of those are playing to their full potential, they may both show that we did indeed sign better players than Ayew.
Especially as Ayew was unluckily injured and will be out for some time.

Why isn't Llorente up to speed ATM? Surely you would think a player of his pedigree would be fit enough at the start of a season? And please don't come back with a "but it's the Premier league mun" type of response?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

This club become a joke. on 21:32 - Aug 31 with 3316 viewsBear

I like what the club has done in the past, and how they did it. Responsible and sustainable for the financial climate at the time. But times have changed. Big money in the premier league now and all clubs are showing ambition to compete.

What you ask from your club as a fan is that they have a plan. Selling bigger names is ok if you have a plan in place to replace. We need leaders, competitors and some little bit of magic to make a difference. Ashley and Ayew had this. Where are the replacements? Where was the replacement plan? The club didn't need to find replacements. What was needed was to enhance last season squad with quality, then maybe our quality players would not have wanted to leave.
I respect what Jenkins has given the club, but he has had his payday now. Premier league is now big business, needing higher networking skills from the board and manager.
I am afraid manager and chairman are now out of their depth in the new league. Loans are a last chance saloon for team now, and we have failed at that! Old adage - fail to plan, plan to fail.

As a minimum, We needed an experienced centre back, a holding midfielder, creative midfielder alongside siggurdson, right back and another mobile goal scorer. Loads of options out there for transfer earlier in the window, but even in the last few days for loan. Ouch! So, so unhappy at prospect of my home town club struggling.
This club become a joke. on 21:34 - Aug 31 with 3273 viewsShonky

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/7666/Premier-League-deals-top-20-expensi

They must have made a mistake. They have got us in here.

Its just a ride...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024