Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation candidates squad strengths 22:02 - Aug 31 with 5025 viewsclloy2

I havent followed all the deadline day dealings, but would someone with more knowledge than me, care to give me a lift before bedtime and tell me that on paper, our squad still looks stronger than three potential relegation candidates.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:04 - Aug 31 with 3750 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I hate difficult questions:

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:06 - Aug 31 with 3715 viewsAlgorfajack

We are Villa in waiting

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:07 - Aug 31 with 3690 viewsSwansNZ

on paper, our squad still looks stronger than three potential relegation candidates.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:08 - Aug 31 with 3671 viewsJonTheJack

I think we have phooked up with the defender recruitment.

Everywhere else across the pitch is more than strong enough for a finish pushing mid table.

Not replacing Ash and putting all hope on a young lad from the Championship is unacceptable in my eyes. He should be ahead of Fernandez; as Fernandez is that bad. We are going to concede more than we should be with him playing regularly and it will be a scrap.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:08 - Aug 31 with 3671 viewspencoedjack

Ill give you 8

Burnley
Hull
Sunderland
Bournemouth
Watford
Southampton
West Brom
Boro

Sweet dreams
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 3634 viewsjasper_T

Sunderland have bought a huge heap of sht.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 3623 viewsAlgorfajack

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:07 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

on paper, our squad still looks stronger than three potential relegation candidates.

Unfortunately, games are not played on paper & given our 3 abject performances so far, then it is hard to believe that there will be anyone worse than us.

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to who you feel will be worse than us?

I wait to be convinced.

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 3622 viewsAngelRangelQS

West Brom, Watford, Palace, Bournemouth all made some good signings.

Sunderland signed Denayer but other than that nothing too special.

Reckon it's 3 from 5: Us, Sunderland, Burnley, Hull and Boro.
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:12 - Aug 31 with 3606 viewsTheKirkyLife

Hull City - still look a little light. Mason will give them some steel in the midfield and Marshall from Cardiff is a great signing in goal but the question is how long can they keep going? Do have a defensive numbers still to return such as Dawson and Odubajo but with Keane their only striking addition will it be enough? Not too sure. When they hit the rocks it may be difficult to come back.

Bournemouth - Surely one of the craziest signings of the window in Wilshere who should add some much needed quality to their midfield. Their have looked incredibly blunt up top though with Afobe/Wilson not doing the job this time around and Ibe hardly having much of an impact.

Burnley - Burnley's business, maybe apart from Defour, has been ridiculously underwhelming. Bamford on loan has been useless at Palace and Norwich whilst Hendrick as their record signing from Derby just goes to show that they are still preparing for a drop back into the Championship.

On paper the Swansea squad is easily stronger than these teams. Baston at least is better than any striker, Siggy is better than any attacking midfielder with perhaps the exception of Wilshere when fit, Cork is better than any CDM and though there are currently question marks over our defence I'd say that on their day they can match up against all three. I'd also rate Fabs as the best keeper.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:13 - Aug 31 with 3594 viewsAngelRangelQS

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:08 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Ill give you 8

Burnley
Hull
Sunderland
Bournemouth
Watford
Southampton
West Brom
Boro

Sweet dreams

Southampton, West Brom... Righto
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:14 - Aug 31 with 3574 viewsjasper_T

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:11 - Aug 31 by Algorfajack

Unfortunately, games are not played on paper & given our 3 abject performances so far, then it is hard to believe that there will be anyone worse than us.

I wait to be convinced.

Well we beat Burnley so...
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:18 - Aug 31 with 3516 viewsAlgorfajack

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:14 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Well we beat Burnley so...

Villa beat Bournemouth away in the first game of last season, so.....

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:22 - Aug 31 with 3479 viewsskippyjack

We're definitely in a battle... with 8 other clubs..

Hull
Sunderland
Burnley
(Swansea)
Middlesbrough
WBA
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Watford

Southampton
Stoke
Leicester
West Ham
Everton

Have quality..

Spurs
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal

We're in the bottom group.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:24]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:24 - Aug 31 with 3455 viewsSwansNZ

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:11 - Aug 31 by Algorfajack

I wait to be convinced.

"our 3 abject performances" - one of which we won away from home?

Leicester was not exactly great, but it was even worse last year at home and away, yet there were 8 teams worse than us at the season end.

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:25 - Aug 31 with 3447 viewsAngelRangelQS

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:22 - Aug 31 by skippyjack

Hull
Sunderland
Burnley
(Swansea)
Middlesbrough
WBA
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Watford

Southampton
Stoke
Leicester
West Ham
Everton

Have quality..

Spurs
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal

At least half of palaces team would walk into ours
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:28 - Aug 31 with 3398 viewsjasper_T

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:25 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Still managed by Pardew and have won one league game all year or something.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:29 - Aug 31 with 3380 viewsLoyal

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:12 - Aug 31 by TheKirkyLife

Hull City - still look a little light. Mason will give them some steel in the midfield and Marshall from Cardiff is a great signing in goal but the question is how long can they keep going? Do have a defensive numbers still to return such as Dawson and Odubajo but with Keane their only striking addition will it be enough? Not too sure. When they hit the rocks it may be difficult to come back.

Bournemouth - Surely one of the craziest signings of the window in Wilshere who should add some much needed quality to their midfield. Their have looked incredibly blunt up top though with Afobe/Wilson not doing the job this time around and Ibe hardly having much of an impact.

Burnley - Burnley's business, maybe apart from Defour, has been ridiculously underwhelming. Bamford on loan has been useless at Palace and Norwich whilst Hendrick as their record signing from Derby just goes to show that they are still preparing for a drop back into the Championship.

On paper the Swansea squad is easily stronger than these teams. Baston at least is better than any striker, Siggy is better than any attacking midfielder with perhaps the exception of Wilshere when fit, Cork is better than any CDM and though there are currently question marks over our defence I'd say that on their day they can match up against all three. I'd also rate Fabs as the best keeper.

Wilshere is utter shit and can't play more than five games in a row.
The most over hyped player of recent years.
Average player who plays for Bournemouth.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:29 - Aug 31 with 3379 viewsAngelRangelQS

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:28 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Still managed by Pardew and have won one league game all year or something.

Benteke, Remy and Townsend are very likely to put that right
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:31 - Aug 31 with 3362 viewsSwansNZ

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:22 - Aug 31 by skippyjack

Hull
Sunderland
Burnley
(Swansea)
Middlesbrough
WBA
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Watford

Southampton
Stoke
Leicester
West Ham
Everton

Have quality..

Spurs
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal

With a few minor tweaks, that’s the same list every year. While we’re in the PL, we’ll always start the season looking to avoid the drop.

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 3343 viewsAlgorfajack

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:24 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

"our 3 abject performances" - one of which we won away from home?

Leicester was not exactly great, but it was even worse last year at home and away, yet there were 8 teams worse than us at the season end.

SwansNZ,

I always enjoy your musings on this forum, but Burnley was a fortunate result & even if you accept that they are worse than us (which I do not by the way) then I am still waiting to be convinced of the 'other' 2 at least who are.

Of course, this is an unanswerable question at the moment & hopefully you will be proven right & I will need to eat humble pie.

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 3320 viewspencoedjack

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:25 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

& half of ours would walk into theirs so it's swings & roundabouts
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:40 - Aug 31 with 3296 viewsAngelRangelQS

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:38 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

& half of ours would walk into theirs so it's swings & roundabouts

Siggy and Fab would. Not sure who else would walk in without any problems.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:43 - Aug 31 with 3275 viewsraynor94

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:29 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Benteke, Remy and Townsend are very likely to put that right

Benteke, seriously? I just don't rate the bloke at all, neither do any of his previous managers by the look of it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:44 - Aug 31 with 3269 viewslondonlisa2001

What part of 'if the club thought we were strong enough we wouldn't have tried to sign players in two positions over the past 48 hours but failed' are people struggling with?

We haven't chosen to make no signings - we have, so far, tried on several occasions, and failed.

It's not rocket science.
Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:50 - Aug 31 with 3222 viewscostalotta

Relegation candidates squad strengths on 22:43 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Benteke, seriously? I just don't rate the bloke at all, neither do any of his previous managers by the look of it

They did when they spent those millions on him. And he didn't do that bad in a very bad Villa team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024