Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mersons premier transfer grades 07:15 - Sep 1 with 2969 viewsclloy2

Don't usually have time for this idiot. His weekly predictions on SKY are heavily biased against us, and give us very little respect, however in his assessment on sky this morning, he has given us the lowest grade of all the Prem teams in his summary of transfer window dealings- D. All other teams got C or higher. Have to say Im generally in agreement with his assessment, which is a worry. If you take their numbers and fill in some gaps, it looks like we have made £38m and spent £32m. And backs up what most people have been complaining about, with obvious gaps in our match day squad, we haven't recruited well enough. If you think we took points last year off Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, this year its unlikely to happen, so we need to pick up points from the middle and lower order teams who have all invested heavily, relative to us.
Where was their advisor Landon Donovan in all this, he must have seen our weaknesses surely. Full back, creative midfielder/winger, lack of an obvious captain leader.
Mersons premier transfer grades on 07:34 - Sep 1 with 2885 viewsclloy2

Since writing this, Chris Watham has written a good article on WOL, which gives an insight into some of the financial restriction FFP, we have to work within, which makes for good reading, and I have to say, sheds some light on what has gone on this window. However, he does question whether some of our recent dealings have been up to scratch
Mersons premier transfer grades on 07:35 - Sep 1 with 2877 viewsawayjack

Just said similar thing on other thread. Don't like Merson but fair summary. We've slipped from competing for transfers with likes of Stoke, Everton, West Ham, Soton in our mid-table peer group, to being outmanoeuvred by Bournemouth, Watford, Palace and Sunderland and now grouped with the likes of Burnley, Hull, WBA and Boro. I'm glad the window is over. It's a clear indication what to expect from Yanks in terms of profit/dividends over playing squad and the joke that our DOF / recruitment process has become.
Mersons premier transfer grades on 07:59 - Sep 1 with 2765 viewscostalotta

Mersons premier transfer grades on 07:34 - Sep 1 by clloy2

Since writing this, Chris Watham has written a good article on WOL, which gives an insight into some of the financial restriction FFP, we have to work within, which makes for good reading, and I have to say, sheds some light on what has gone on this window. However, he does question whether some of our recent dealings have been up to scratch

Appeasement!

The article was probably prepared by Huw. When has Chris ever employed an investigatory manner to his work?
Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:00 - Sep 1 with 2749 viewsStarsky

Mersons premier transfer grades on 07:34 - Sep 1 by clloy2

Well, if we were worried about FFP then maybe we should have loaned Bony and not bought Baston.
Just a thought.

It's just the internet, init.

Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:05 - Sep 1 with 2723 viewscostalotta

Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:00 - Sep 1 by Starsky

Well, if we were worried about FFP then maybe we should have loaned Bony and not bought Baston.
Just a thought.

Well yes.

Perhaps the majority of our fans will lap this up and if they do, job done.

All of them out!
Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:12 - Sep 1 with 2690 viewsjojaca

Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:05 - Sep 1 by costalotta

Well yes.

Perhaps the majority of our fans will lap this up and if they do, job done.

All of them out!

I thought the FFP was being scraped anyway.

Even when you know, you never know?

Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:25 - Sep 1 with 2629 viewscostalotta

Mersons premier transfer grades on 08:12 - Sep 1 by jojaca

I thought the FFP was being scraped anyway.

Exactly. Thing is with this article is the timing. If it had come out on Saturday for example, at the same time as Curtis comments then maybe , maybe you could consider it.

This is nothing more than a pre written timed to detonate article designed to attempt to get the fans onside with what's just happened. In fact, this has been Chris's style for 5/6 months.
Mersons premier transfer grades on 10:08 - Sep 1 with 2419 viewsLeonisGod

I'd continue to not have time for him too if I was you. we won't know whether this widow has been a success for at least another couple of months.

We've spent years being written off by clueless pundits, why suddenly think they've got a clue now? We're always written off against the bigger clubs. Let's see how the season develops before we start to panic.
Login to get fewer ads

Mersons premier transfer grades on 10:12 - Sep 1 with 2401 viewsmonmouth

I bet Merson had Newcastle at the top of the success chart last January, along with every other clueless c**t.

Including many of our lot. Stephen f***ing Naismith for £9m anyone.

It's amazing how little faith we have (me included) no matter how many times we prove that it can be done another way. I do feel deflated this time though, no denying it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mersons premier transfer grades on 10:24 - Sep 1 with 2354 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Mersons premier transfer grades on 10:12 - Sep 1 by monmouth

I bet Merson had Newcastle at the top of the success chart last January, along with every other clueless c**t.

It's amazing how little faith we have (me included) no matter how many times we prove that it can be done another way. I do feel deflated this time though, no denying it.

Chin up
Chest out Mon

We've been written off every year by the experts

Keep proving them wrong

Although they'll be right one day , we won't stay forever and when we do drop we won't be up to our eye balls in debt .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Mersons premier transfer grades on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 2348 viewsMattG

Mersons premier transfer grades on 07:35 - Sep 1 by awayjack

Just said similar thing on other thread. Don't like Merson but fair summary. We've slipped from competing for transfers with likes of Stoke, Everton, West Ham, Soton in our mid-table peer group, to being outmanoeuvred by Bournemouth, Watford, Palace and Sunderland and now grouped with the likes of Burnley, Hull, WBA and Boro. I'm glad the window is over. It's a clear indication what to expect from Yanks in terms of profit/dividends over playing squad and the joke that our DOF / recruitment process has become.

Not sure how we have been "outmanoeuvred" by Bournemouth and the other clubs you mention. Unless you mean the way they have thrown £15m at Ibe or £32m at Benteke?

We might not have spent as much or brought in as many players as those clubs but it remains to be seen who has done the best business. Remember Shelvey to Newcastle was apparently the best value transfer in Europe last January.....
Mersons premier transfer grades on 11:14 - Sep 1 with 2244 viewsjojaca

Paul Merson is the weakest football pundit across all the channels, he probably gets all his information from the back pages of the sun and the rest of the time he spends eating and playing golf. But I don't personally mind him because he provides a comic element and everyone is waiting for next mistake, which occurs every couple of minutes.

Even when you know, you never know?

Mersons premier transfer grades on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 2185 viewsJesusJack

Is this the same Paul Merson who rated our last Summer window as A-? And Newcastle, Norwich and Villa as B's?

This has actually cheered me up a bit. All I need now is for Lawro to come along and predict we'll do a Derby and I'll be convinced we'll win the league.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Mersons premier transfer grades on 11:41 - Sep 1 with 2159 viewsbuilthjack

Is he back on the shandy?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mersons premier transfer grades on 11:54 - Sep 1 with 2136 viewsymaohyd

Mersons premier transfer grades on 10:12 - Sep 1 by monmouth

Great post, glad you put the bit on the end.

This time around its gone too far, an abysmal month. Only positive is Gylfi signing a new contract. Obviously, we wait in anticipation on Baston, however, Wed probably make Messi look average the way we have played going forward.

Dyer back, new contracts for Routs, Leon (deserved) in his case. Not signing Allen.

We may all be proven wrong again, don't think so this time though.

Poor structure, a manager who has been around the block and an abysmal transfer window.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Mersons premier transfer grades on 12:04 - Sep 1 with 2117 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Merson - who gives a shite what he thinks anyway? I have read on here that he hates us because we stuffed his Walsall team nine years ago. Nine years ago! Merson can't remember what he had for breakfast let alone what happened nine years ago in what, to be fair, was probably one of the most insignificant games in his career in football. He doesn't hate us, he doesn't know the first thing about us and so his comments about us are irrelevant.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mersons premier transfer grades on 19:20 - Sep 1 with 1878 viewsGlyn1

I don't believe that we had the worst transfer window.

Have Southampton adequately replaced Sadio Mané, Graziano Pellè and Victor Wanyama? West Bromwich Albion couldn't get rid of Saido Berahino so he's going to be moping around until the next window. Nobody important wanted to go to Sunderland, especially after David Moyes told them that they would be in a relegation battle.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Mersons premier transfer grades on 19:31 - Sep 1 with 1855 viewsStarsky

Mersons premier transfer grades on 11:54 - Sep 1 by ymaohyd

Great post, glad you put the bit on the end.

This time around its gone too far, an abysmal month. Only positive is Gylfi signing a new contract. Obviously, we wait in anticipation on Baston, however, Wed probably make Messi look average the way we have played going forward.

Dyer back, new contracts for Routs, Leon (deserved) in his case. Not signing Allen.

We may all be proven wrong again, don't think so this time though.

Poor structure, a manager who has been around the block and an abysmal transfer window.

Don't forget new contract for Rangel

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024