Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
interesting at no 2... 22:45 - Sep 3 with 5372 viewsmidswan

http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-13-players-record-most-key-passes-gam

For a player often lambasted on here....
interesting at no 2... on 23:24 - Sep 3 with 4260 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It just goes to show that most on here have no f*cking clue. He's been one of our best ever value signings has Routs. Glad someone is giving him a bit of overdue recognition. Well done to Barrow as well.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

interesting at no 2... on 06:56 - Sep 4 with 4053 viewsjack247

How do they define a key pass? I'm as big a Routledge fan as anyone, but he has been well off the boil so far this season.

If it's a pass leading to a cross or a through ball, an assist to an assist, I wouldn't be surprised to see him ranked so highly. I'd class it as an actual assist and he hasn't had many so far, certainly not 3 per game.

Great to see Barrow in there too.
interesting at no 2... on 08:34 - Sep 4 with 3940 viewsSmellyplumz

interesting at no 2... on 23:24 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

It just goes to show that most on here have no f*cking clue. He's been one of our best ever value signings has Routs. Glad someone is giving him a bit of overdue recognition. Well done to Barrow as well.

Just goes to show what an utter load of sh1te that article is, Wayne's passing had been awful lately, Leicester game being a good example.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

interesting at no 2... on 09:27 - Sep 4 with 3843 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 08:34 - Sep 4 by Smellyplumz

Just goes to show what an utter load of sh1te that article is, Wayne's passing had been awful lately, Leicester game being a good example.

It's the problem with stats in general. Remember when Mark Gower was better than Iniesta?

You are right, he has given the ball away far more than usual lately. I think this is just about key passes though
interesting at no 2... on 09:30 - Sep 4 with 3836 viewsandypitt56

interesting at no 2... on 06:56 - Sep 4 by jack247

How do they define a key pass? I'm as big a Routledge fan as anyone, but he has been well off the boil so far this season.

If it's a pass leading to a cross or a through ball, an assist to an assist, I wouldn't be surprised to see him ranked so highly. I'd class it as an actual assist and he hasn't had many so far, certainly not 3 per game.

Great to see Barrow in there too.

A key pass is one that leads to an opportunity not necessary an assist
interesting at no 2... on 09:30 - Sep 4 with 3836 viewsoldcob

interesting at no 2... on 08:34 - Sep 4 by Smellyplumz

We've played everything through our wingers this season, so little wonder we've 2 on the list.
interesting at no 2... on 09:31 - Sep 4 with 3830 viewsSmellyplumz

interesting at no 2... on 09:27 - Sep 4 by jack247

It's the problem with stats in general. Remember when Mark Gower was better than Iniesta?

You are right, he has given the ball away far more than usual lately. I think this is just about key passes though

Fair point Jack

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

interesting at no 2... on 09:34 - Sep 4 with 3810 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 09:30 - Sep 4 by andypitt56

A key pass is one that leads to an opportunity not necessary an assist

So it's essentially a pass or cross that leads directly to a goalscoring opportunity? I'm surprised he has that many to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

interesting at no 2... on 09:36 - Sep 4 with 3805 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 09:30 - Sep 4 by oldcob

We've played everything through our wingers this season, so little wonder we've 2 on the list.

We have kind of had to. May be different when Gylfi finally gets his sharpness back
interesting at no 2... on 10:40 - Sep 4 with 3684 viewsharryhpalmer

It's all very well highlighting Routledge giving the ball away, but his issues are more to do with the lack of shape in the middle of the park, and lack of an easy pass.

This article brilliantly highlights the malaise the team has had.

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=459637

And it seems the brunt of the criticism goes to the wrong people - Wayne and Llorente - rather than Gylfi, Fer or the manager for either choosing those tactics, or not hauling players off sooner, because they weren't doing what he asked.

The difference in our play when Ki came on against Leicester further highlights where the problems lie.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 11:27]

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

interesting at no 2... on 11:18 - Sep 4 with 3608 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 10:40 - Sep 4 by harryhpalmer

It's all very well highlighting Routledge giving the ball away, but his issues are more to do with the lack of shape in the middle of the park, and lack of an easy pass.

This article brilliantly highlights the malaise the team has had.

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=459637

And it seems the brunt of the criticism goes to the wrong people - Wayne and Llorente - rather than Gylfi, Fer or the manager for either choosing those tactics, or not hauling players off sooner, because they weren't doing what he asked.

The difference in our play when Ki came on against Leicester further highlights where the problems lie.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 11:27]

Top post Harry. Routledge and Llorente should both look a lot better when the real Gylfi is back. The disjointed start to the season highlights how much we rely on him
interesting at no 2... on 11:29 - Sep 4 with 3581 viewsharryhpalmer

interesting at no 2... on 11:18 - Sep 4 by jack247

Top post Harry. Routledge and Llorente should both look a lot better when the real Gylfi is back. The disjointed start to the season highlights how much we rely on him

And that is a worry.

The Swansea way is not to reply on one player. It's the system that's the strength.

So when Ki came on, he showed the discipline needed to play that role.

It's hard to say if it was Gylfi or Fer at fault, but something wasn't right, when you see our midfielders stretched so far apart.

I though it looked like a Gary Monk team out there!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 11:39]

interesting at no 2... on 11:44 - Sep 4 with 3542 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 11:29 - Sep 4 by harryhpalmer

And that is a worry.

The Swansea way is not to reply on one player. It's the system that's the strength.

It's hard to say if it was Gylfi or Fer at fault, but something wasn't right, when you see our midfielders stretched so far apart.

I think the fault is with the squad depth. We could have played Ayew there last season. I wouldn't really call Gylfi at fault, he just hasn't been up to speed. We desperately need him to be after the international break. Assuming he plays for Iceland he will have had a fair bit of game time.

I'd agree. It looked like a Monk team. Very disappointing, I'm confident that with everyone fit we will look a lot more cohesive. We are taking a bigger gamble than usual on keeping our key players fit though.
interesting at no 2... on 11:56 - Sep 4 with 3516 viewsmidswan

As an aside I found a stat last week that put Routs at pretty much top of the Prem for chances created thus far which backs up this stat.
I agree completely in that we need a firing Gylfi for Routs to play with and off. He has always looked a better player playing with better players,ie with Michu or Bony(or Siggs)
not really a traditional winger at all but a much more rounded player. Look at some of the off the ball runs he makes for instance,wasted if there is no one on the same wavelength...I think coaches and managers (all of them since he's been here ) must recognise this as he has consistently been picked.
interesting at no 2... on 12:02 - Sep 4 with 3507 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 11:56 - Sep 4 by midswan

As an aside I found a stat last week that put Routs at pretty much top of the Prem for chances created thus far which backs up this stat.
I agree completely in that we need a firing Gylfi for Routs to play with and off. He has always looked a better player playing with better players,ie with Michu or Bony(or Siggs)
not really a traditional winger at all but a much more rounded player. Look at some of the off the ball runs he makes for instance,wasted if there is no one on the same wavelength...I think coaches and managers (all of them since he's been here ) must recognise this as he has consistently been picked.

Another top post
interesting at no 2... on 12:16 - Sep 4 with 3466 viewsharryhpalmer

interesting at no 2... on 11:44 - Sep 4 by jack247

I think the fault is with the squad depth. We could have played Ayew there last season. I wouldn't really call Gylfi at fault, he just hasn't been up to speed. We desperately need him to be after the international break. Assuming he plays for Iceland he will have had a fair bit of game time.

I'd agree. It looked like a Monk team. Very disappointing, I'm confident that with everyone fit we will look a lot more cohesive. We are taking a bigger gamble than usual on keeping our key players fit though.

Agreed, he has been brought back too soon, as was plainly evident vs Hull, and should have been subbed at HT.

I don't think him and Fer work in the same team either.

interesting at no 2... on 12:47 - Sep 4 with 3404 viewsJango

interesting at no 2... on 23:24 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

He's been absolutely p*ss poor every game so far this season so get off your high horse! What does key pass mean? Look at his assists if you want an accurate stat and it's not very good. Or let's look at the stat of how many times each player has lost posession this season, because he'd right near the top of that as well.
interesting at no 2... on 12:50 - Sep 4 with 3395 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 12:47 - Sep 4 by Jango

He's been absolutely p*ss poor every game so far this season so get off your high horse! What does key pass mean? Look at his assists if you want an accurate stat and it's not very good. Or let's look at the stat of how many times each player has lost posession this season, because he'd right near the top of that as well.

Which is exactly why I don't have a lot of time for stats. No doubt he has been way below his best so far this season.
interesting at no 2... on 12:56 - Sep 4 with 3381 viewsBrynmill_Jack

interesting at no 2... on 11:29 - Sep 4 by harryhpalmer

And that is a worry.

I think the problem seems to be Fer reading that article. I hope this isn't the starter his post contract disinterest, which QPR and Norwich fans warned us about.

If Guidolin can really make him disciplined in his positional play ie away from home to stick with Cork and help protect the back 4 whilst using his passing range to set Gylfi and the wingers away on the counter.

Good spot Harry, a superb article.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

interesting at no 2... on 13:05 - Sep 4 with 3367 viewsWingstandwood

interesting at no 2... on 09:27 - Sep 4 by jack247

Yeah and that is the very Mark Gower whom after leaving SCFC went on to make a final SEVEN league appearances as a full time pro...... and then (2 apps for Ebbsfleet United aside) into complete professional oblivion and immediate retirement.

Apparently? No other full time professional club wanted Gower i.e. the 'passing-maestro' (*cough, cough, cough*) who was of more 'pedestrian-back-pass to-the-goalkeeper' type than a Hollywood pass(ing) Glenn Hoddle-esque defence splitter.

What an utter load of crap these stats (at-times) can be!

Argus!

interesting at no 2... on 14:18 - Sep 4 with 3251 viewsPozuelosSideys

interesting at no 2... on 11:44 - Sep 4 by jack247

It looks like a Monk team because it IS a Monk team. How many of our starting 11 played under Laudrup? Kiss goodbye to those days because they are gone.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

interesting at no 2... on 14:21 - Sep 4 with 3241 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 14:18 - Sep 4 by PozuelosSideys

It looks like a Monk team because it IS a Monk team. How many of our starting 11 played under Laudrup? Kiss goodbye to those days because they are gone.

It didn't look like a Monk team towards the end of last season. Forget Laudrup, it was starting to look like a Guidolin team. Hopefully it will again when everyone is fully fit.
interesting at no 2... on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 3160 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How the hell does anyone know if Fer was supposed to do what he did, especially after scoring his first goal.
For all any of us know Guido could have told him fery boy you get up there as much as you can and support our striker and pick up any loose balls and go for goal.
Gylfi went through a very similar poor patch last year after the Internationals, as did Ki and it took them a long time to improve, mostly because of the discontent within the club.
Let's hope they improve a lot quicker this year.
interesting at no 2... on 15:20 - Sep 4 with 3130 viewsjack247

interesting at no 2... on 15:08 - Sep 4 by A_Fans_Dad

How the hell does anyone know if Fer was supposed to do what he did, especially after scoring his first goal.
For all any of us know Guido could have told him fery boy you get up there as much as you can and support our striker and pick up any loose balls and go for goal.
Gylfi went through a very similar poor patch last year after the Internationals, as did Ki and it took them a long time to improve, mostly because of the discontent within the club.
Let's hope they improve a lot quicker this year.

Gylfi is (hopefully was) just lacking match fitness. He took a long time last year because we didn't play his type of game. Main tactic was to give Shelvey the ball deep and look for him to either play Gomis through, or put a diagonal for Montero so he could cross for Gomis with Ayew coming off his wing to act as a second striker. Gylfi pretty much just chased defenders down for the first few months.

My biggest worry is what we do if Gylfi gets injured. He is critical to the way Guidolin wants to play and I don't think we have adequate cover for him.
interesting at no 2... on 15:27 - Sep 4 with 3116 viewsjasper_T

interesting at no 2... on 15:20 - Sep 4 by jack247

Gylfi is (hopefully was) just lacking match fitness. He took a long time last year because we didn't play his type of game. Main tactic was to give Shelvey the ball deep and look for him to either play Gomis through, or put a diagonal for Montero so he could cross for Gomis with Ayew coming off his wing to act as a second striker. Gylfi pretty much just chased defenders down for the first few months.

My biggest worry is what we do if Gylfi gets injured. He is critical to the way Guidolin wants to play and I don't think we have adequate cover for him.

West Ham 1 Swansea 4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024