Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty media 22:36 - Sep 6 with 3163 viewsMillie

Big big company, taking over formula 1, I wonder if they'd be interested in stadium naming rights?
Liberty media on 22:37 - Sep 6 with 3151 viewsswanstillidai

Never heard of 'em
Liberty media on 23:54 - Sep 6 with 3045 viewsharryhpalmer

They own Virgin Media, who sponsored Southampton this season.

so doubtful they would add another club to sponsor in the UK.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Liberty media on 03:17 - Sep 7 with 2972 viewsSwansNZ

They already have naming rights, for free.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Liberty media on 08:53 - Sep 7 with 2791 viewsharryhpalmer

Liberty media on 03:17 - Sep 7 by SwansNZ

I believe the new owners have finding a new ground sponsor high on their agenda

Liberty media on 09:00 - Sep 7 with 2778 viewsmonmouth

Liberty media on 03:17 - Sep 7 by SwansNZ

I like that. That's clever.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liberty media on 12:25 - Sep 7 with 2654 viewsGlyn1

The last time Formula 1 people got involved with a Premier League team it didn't end at all well (Briattore + QPR = relegation).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Liberty media on 12:28 - Sep 7 with 2645 viewsLeonisGod

Liberty media on 08:53 - Sep 7 by harryhpalmer

I believe the new owners have finding a new ground sponsor high on their agenda

If only finding replacement players was as high on their agenda.

Anyhow, not wanting to kick that off again. As you were...
Liberty media on 12:55 - Sep 7 with 2612 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Hopefully we reach out to them and offer them a competitive deal for the naming rights. It would be good exposure for them and we get to keep our stadium name.

However, judging on how our commercial department usually handles things like this, they will contract out the sale of the naming rights to an agency as nobody at the club is competent and qualified to do it themselves, just like when it came to the kit sponsorship.
Login to get fewer ads

Liberty media on 14:34 - Sep 7 with 2541 viewsWhiterockin

Liberty media on 12:55 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

Hopefully we reach out to them and offer them a competitive deal for the naming rights. It would be good exposure for them and we get to keep our stadium name.

However, judging on how our commercial department usually handles things like this, they will contract out the sale of the naming rights to an agency as nobody at the club is competent and qualified to do it themselves, just like when it came to the kit sponsorship.

To be honest who in their right mind would pay money to change the name of the Liberty Stadium to the Liberty Stadium.
Liberty media on 14:57 - Sep 7 with 2509 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Liberty media on 14:34 - Sep 7 by Whiterockin

To be honest who in their right mind would pay money to change the name of the Liberty Stadium to the Liberty Stadium.

The Liberty Media stadium repeated multiple times every match while hundreds of millions are watching around the world. A huge Liberty Media logo at the front of the stadium. Fans will still call it The Liberty while commentators refer to it as the Liberty Media stadium. Everybody wins.

I am sure a lot of people would pay huge money to have their business name in our stadium name. I would have no problem calling it The Diet Coke arena or something just as stupid if it put an extra couple of million pounds in our wage budget each year.

That could pay for a Joe Allen or another elite level player of which we desperately require.
Liberty media on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 2413 viewsGlyn1

Liberty media on 14:34 - Sep 7 by Whiterockin

Because otherwise it would be changed to something else?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Liberty media on 18:07 - Sep 7 with 2365 viewsWhiterockin

Liberty media on 17:22 - Sep 7 by Glyn1

Because otherwise it would be changed to something else?

So far it hasn't and the current deal ran out a while ago.
Liberty media on 18:31 - Sep 7 with 2349 viewsharryhpalmer

Liberty media on 12:28 - Sep 7 by LeonisGod

If only finding replacement players was as high on their agenda.

Anyhow, not wanting to kick that off again. As you were...

I think because they came in so late, and don't know the market, they left the player acquisition up to the current "team".

But in one of their early press conferences, I recall them saying they will be looking at improvements and new ideas in player acquisition.

there is a root and branch look at the club on every level. They have particular expertise in the commercial side, and have quickly identified that our level of sponsorship and commercial income is way down on what it could and should be.

So if I was them, that's what I'd be concentrating on, as there's naff all they can do about buying players until January, where I am sure they'll play a much bigger role.

they really do not want to see their investment go down the shitter in the first season!

Liberty media on 18:31 - Sep 7 with 2347 viewshobo

Why are we still giving them free publicity? Why not just change the name to Stadium of Swansea, or something
Liberty media on 18:45 - Sep 7 with 2327 viewsWhiterockin

Liberty media on 18:31 - Sep 7 by hobo

Why are we still giving them free publicity? Why not just change the name to Stadium of Swansea, or something

Agree 100%
Liberty media on 18:46 - Sep 7 with 2325 viewsMrSwerve

Liberty media on 12:25 - Sep 7 by Glyn1

The last time Formula 1 people got involved with a Premier League team it didn't end at all well (Briattore + QPR = relegation).

Actually Sauber have had a partnership with Chelsea since 2012, and display the Chelsea badge on their car.

Seems like a daft partnership though...was something to do with Abramovic if I recall correctly.

On a side note, I'm surprised that no one has come in to point out that the World's best sport is 'crap' yet.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Liberty media on 16:40 - Sep 9 with 2112 viewssa3swan

I see no problem with Liberty Property's name being on the stadium beyond their deal - they put money in for the naming rights when nobody else would. They're Ospreys men to be fair anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024