Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American Investment 00:05 - Sep 9 with 7666 viewsNookiejack

What rate of return do we think that the Americsns Kaplan and Levein are targeting to make from our club?

If for example they have invested £68m for say 68% and they were targeting a 15% per annum return for say 3 years - this would equate to circa £30m.

They therefore either:-

(1) have to flip their stake by selling it for £98m (£68m + £30m)
(You would think their shares have increased in value given they now have a substantial controlling stake just left with a small Minority shareholder).

Or

(2) take out £30m of cash out of the club through dividends

Or

(3) Combination of (1) and (2)

The trouble is as we are such a small club (with respect to our overall fan base) for us to remain competitive - we can't afford any money to be going out of the club - especially in regards of (2) above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
American Investment on 20:15 - Sep 9 with 1557 viewsNookiejack

American Investment on 20:12 - Sep 9 by Nookiejack

If I am interpreting these New Articles of the Holding Company 'Swansea City 2020 Ltd' correctly - they don't appear to be symmetrical.

For example clause 13.2 states - the majority shareholder (I assume the Yanks) shall be entitled to exercise the right of first negotiation in respect of the sale of shares.

However it doesn't appear that the Trust would have a similar right if the Majority Shareholder wanted to sell its shares see Article 12.2.

Also the Majority Shareholder has the right to nominate Directors to the Board (Article 8.1) and to remove a Director (Article 8.2.7. ) Hence in a scenario where the Trust were to ask that HuW Cooze be appointed to the board - it would be for the Majority Shareholder to approve it (as opposed to the Trust having an enshrined right to a Directorship on this Board - even though the Trust holds a 21% stake).

I think this is what people were talking about prior to the sale - about the importance of trying to stop one shareholder achieving the 75% threshold to pass special resolutions.

All the shareholders that sold really appear to have sold the Trust out.
American Investment on 13:59 - Sep 10 with 1455 viewsblueytheblue

WalesOnline is saying it was Hernreich, not Henreich. Guess there was a typo when entering the info, easily correctable.

Still, given someone elsewhere couldn't find anything by googling Henreich, nice to see a mere scummer has more lateral thinking capability...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

American Investment on 15:04 - Sep 10 with 1420 viewsmonmouth

American Investment on 13:59 - Sep 10 by blueytheblue

WalesOnline is saying it was Hernreich, not Henreich. Guess there was a typo when entering the info, easily correctable.

Still, given someone elsewhere couldn't find anything by googling Henreich, nice to see a mere scummer has more lateral thinking capability...

Or maybe is just more used to searching for scoundrels that get involved with football clubs?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

American Investment on 15:08 - Sep 10 with 1415 viewsblueytheblue

American Investment on 15:04 - Sep 10 by monmouth

Or maybe is just more used to searching for scoundrels that get involved with football clubs?

Well played sir.

All I did was google the original name given. Variations appeared at the top of the list, which was where I picked it up from.

No suggestion the guy is a scoundrel. He even owned a saw-ker club.

American Investment on 17:38 - Sep 10 with 1335 views3swan

American Investment on 13:59 - Sep 10 by blueytheblue

Or maybe the fact that you couldn't read my post properly

"Haven't read anything before about them"

The word "before" is the important bit, and not I couldn't find any information about them because I hadn't googled them at all
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 17:38]
American Investment on 17:48 - Sep 10 with 1312 viewsdougie

http://www.denverpost.com/2007/12/21/robert-hernreich-part-sacramento-kings-owne

This is our 'guy'. The picture shows the same person that is in directors box during the Hull game. He is just a little more polished !
American Investment on 18:14 - Sep 10 with 1285 viewsblueytheblue

American Investment on 17:38 - Sep 10 by 3swan

Or maybe the fact that you couldn't read my post properly

"Haven't read anything before about them"

The word "before" is the important bit, and not I couldn't find any information about them because I hadn't googled them at all
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 17:38]

Funnily enough, I did read your post properly.

The post was addressed to someone who claimed their google search found nothing... someone who had posted... elsewhere ;)

You weren't the intended target... /wave

American Investment on 20:09 - Sep 10 with 1245 views3swan

American Investment on 18:14 - Sep 10 by blueytheblue

Funnily enough, I did read your post properly.

The post was addressed to someone who claimed their google search found nothing... someone who had posted... elsewhere ;)

You weren't the intended target... /wave

Ah if that’s the case I apologize.

I hadn’t seen the other post, you must read the threads more than I do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024