Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you change for Southampton? 21:24 - Sep 11 with 4603 viewsicecoldjack

I would like to see Mawson come in to replace Fernandez, i think it's a gamble worth taking, i also think the midfield lacks energy, maybe a freshen up with Leon coming in for Cork, Llorente is feeding off next to nothing so i'd be inclined to have the option of Dyer on the bench to come on and play as a striker for the last 20 mins if we're chasing it.

Will we go ultra defensive or go for it? Southampton are lacking a bit of confidence so IMO we should look to frustrate early on and prepare to play on the counter, we need pace back in the team though thats for sure.

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:27 - Sep 11 with 2835 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I'd definitely play Mawson, and agree with Leon for Cork.

Depends on the formation. I don't think we have players to play the 5 at the back calamity he tried today - unless we go with the crackpipe option of Barrow and Montero as the wingbacks and just go for it.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:30 - Sep 11 with 2818 viewsexiledclaseboy

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:27 - Sep 11 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'd definitely play Mawson, and agree with Leon for Cork.

Depends on the formation. I don't think we have players to play the 5 at the back calamity he tried today - unless we go with the crackpipe option of Barrow and Montero as the wingbacks and just go for it.

I suggested the Barrow/Montero wing backs nuclear option at half time today. My chums looked at me as if I was a mental case. They're probably right.

Poll: Tory leader

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:32 - Sep 11 with 2804 viewsBigPhilG

I'd go with

Fabianski

Naughton Amat Mawson Kingsley

Barrow Fer Leon Ki Montero

Lorente, assuming Baston still isn't fit
What would you change for Southampton? on 21:35 - Sep 11 with 2775 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Just imagine it, a defensive 5 of Montero, Mawson, Amat, Fernandez and Barrow.

Not entirely sure how the game would pan out, but it'd probably be first on MOTD either way...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:37 - Sep 11 with 2751 viewsOldjack

Attack attack attack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:39 - Sep 11 with 2735 viewsicecoldjack

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:30 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

I suggested the Barrow/Montero wing backs nuclear option at half time today. My chums looked at me as if I was a mental case. They're probably right.

We need some kind of pace in the team for sure. Barrow seems to be progressing but he still ball watches a lot too.

Seems FG has plenty to consider.
What would you change for Southampton? on 21:44 - Sep 11 with 2696 viewsPozuelosSideys

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:32 - Sep 11 by BigPhilG

I'd go with

Fabianski

This

Southampton arent at the races at all yet this season. Need to get at them.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:54 - Sep 11 with 2642 viewsPrivate_Partz

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:44 - Sep 11 by PozuelosSideys

This

We certainly need not be as cautious as we were today. Southampton have nowhere near the quality of Chelsea. We can set up very similarly to the way we did at WHU last season and hope for a similar result. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:18 - Sep 11 with 2576 viewstrampie

Kingsley has done very well for the first team since making his debut and looks to have a bright future, but how did he do in the 2-0 loss to Hull, the 2-1 loss to Leicester and being part of a backline that let 2 in against Chelsea ?
Taylor had a very good Euro's and kept a clean sheet against Moldova and now seems to be back up to speed after his late summer break due to the Euro's.

Who will Guido pick at left back if its a flat back 4 against Soton next week ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:22 - Sep 11 with 2545 viewsSwansNZ

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:18 - Sep 11 by trampie

Kingsley has done very well for the first team since making his debut and looks to have a bright future, but how did he do in the 2-0 loss to Hull, the 2-1 loss to Leicester and being part of a backline that let 2 in against Chelsea ?
Taylor had a very good Euro's and kept a clean sheet against Moldova and now seems to be back up to speed after his late summer break due to the Euro's.

Hull are far better than Moldova, let alone Chelsea.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:26 - Sep 11 with 2529 viewsexiledclaseboy

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:18 - Sep 11 by trampie

Kingsley.

Poll: Tory leader

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:29 - Sep 11 with 2515 viewsmonmouth

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:26 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

Kingsley.

Moldova

Leaving that aside anyway, if he picked Taylor after his tantrum he's lost any respect from me. Wa*ker should be fined and dropped from the squad for two weeks for that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:30 - Sep 11 with 2503 viewstrampie

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:26 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

Kingsley.

If its Kingsley, that would be fair enough and there would be no doubt that Kingsley would then be first choice.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:32 - Sep 11 with 2495 viewsepaul

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:32 - Sep 11 by BigPhilG

I'd go with

Fabianski

Drop Siggy?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

What would you change for Southampton? on 23:07 - Sep 11 with 2406 viewsBigPhilG

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:32 - Sep 11 by epaul

Drop Siggy?

Predictive text I didn't spot that.

No I meant Siggy instead of Ki, thanks for pointing that out
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:16 - Sep 12 with 2143 viewsyescomeon

I'd go back to the usual formation against Southampton, but I wouldn't bin the 3 at the back just yet. I think there is potential there, I'd go for 3 actual CBs and Kingsley and Naughton WBs.

Upthecity!

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:38 - Sep 12 with 2091 viewsperchrockjack

He s needs to assess who is worst .ff or Amat, then if Mawson has talent enough. Same for vdh who seems anonymous in our squad

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:45 - Sep 12 with 2003 viewsnierika

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:44 - Sep 11 by PozuelosSideys

This

Current odds are undeserved #lumpon
What would you change for Southampton? on 13:49 - Sep 12 with 1984 viewsjasper_T

I'd love to see Montero try playing at wingback.
What would you change for Southampton? on 13:51 - Sep 12 with 1980 viewsjack247

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:16 - Sep 12 by yescomeon

I'd go back to the usual formation against Southampton, but I wouldn't bin the 3 at the back just yet. I think there is potential there, I'd go for 3 actual CBs and Kingsley and Naughton WBs.

Agreed. That formation could work well if done properly. Our wingbacks need to trust the centrebacks though and have the confidence to push on and contribute to attacks.

Also think Leon is better suited to that style than Cork
What would you change for Southampton? on 13:52 - Sep 12 with 1979 viewstomdickharry

Mawson is a talent,big,strong,mobile and fearless he has proved through his career he can play at a higher level when tested,he will be a revelation in place of FF, he and Amat could be a regular pairing as the season develops.We bought him to play.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:00 - Sep 12 with 1957 viewsjasper_T

We should sell Mawson now, his stock can't possibly get any higher.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:07 - Sep 12 with 1936 viewsjack247

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:00 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

We should sell Mawson now, his stock can't possibly get any higher.

Shades of Matt Grimes?
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:11 - Sep 12 with 1928 viewsmonmouth

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:52 - Sep 12 by tomdickharry

Mawson is a talent,big,strong,mobile and fearless he has proved through his career he can play at a higher level when tested,he will be a revelation in place of FF, he and Amat could be a regular pairing as the season develops.We bought him to play.

Some people were excited when we got Kyle Bartley from Arsenal.

Lets see him play first is it, before setting him up as the new combintion of John Terry and Tony Adams.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:13 - Sep 12 with 1915 viewslondonlisa2001

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:11 - Sep 12 by monmouth

Some people were excited when we got Kyle Bartley from Arsenal.

Lets see him play first is it, before setting him up as the new combintion of John Terry and Tony Adams.

A combination of those two would never be out of prison for long enough to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024