Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has FG lost the players ? 19:09 - Sep 18 with 10317 viewsicecoldjack

There seems to be a real problem.
Gylfi seems to be playing with a major strop, Taylor and Ki arguing with the manager in front of millions in consecutive weeks, the team overall looking devoid of interest,something is seriously wrong IMO.

FG in his after match press interview mentioned something that i think is at the crux of it all
"I do not think it is a problem for players to change formation. We will speak to the players and the assistants to work out the problem."

That tells me the players arn't buying into his ideas and by fook it sure looks that way! he can only coach whats in front of him but if he can't change that what does he or the club do ?

I think he's lost the players, far too many off colour performers for it to be anything else.

Thoughts?
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 with 5025 viewsmonmouth

This is seriously grim.

For Swansea, the task does not get any easier, with two matches against a seemingly untouchable Manchester City on the horizon. “I am worried because if we play in this way in the Premier League, it’s difficult to win any game,” said Guidolin. “I am thinking to change something. We have to think game-by-game but we have to improve. The opponents are important but our attitude has to change.”

Ki Sung-yueng shrugged his shoulders and walked past his Italian manager after being substituted, a week after Neil Taylor, left out of Swansea’s 18-man squad at St Mary’s, showed his frustration at being taken off during the first half against Chelsea. “It’s not a good attitude. I have to speak with him because I respect all people, all of my players because the relationship is important,” said Guidolin of Ki’s actions. Taylor, meanwhile, is expected to feature in the EFL Cup on Wednesday. “I have found good, good guys in this squad. My relationship with the players is no problem.” Regardless of Guidolin’s words, it does not look too promising for Swansea.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 with 5021 viewsItchySphincter

I think he might have but the sad thing is that it's not because he's a loon or a bully - it's because the playing staff are in the main a bunch of c*nts.

Tossers the lot of them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 with 5018 viewsraynor94

Early days, but I'm reluctantly coming to that conclusion, something is definitely not right behind the scenes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 4972 viewsunion_jack

Have a word with Curt, he'll set you right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:17 - Sep 18 with 4948 viewsjacabertawe

I agree. It is all very well for us mere supporters to criticise the players for their lack of effort (and pay packets), but they are human and can be expected to react to discord, for whatever reason it may arise. No, I am most definitely not ITK, but I just sense an unsettled team and Manager who is grasping at straws.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:20 - Sep 18 with 4916 viewsicecoldjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

I think he might have but the sad thing is that it's not because he's a loon or a bully - it's because the playing staff are in the main a bunch of c*nts.

Tossers the lot of them.

I agree. I just picked up on when he mentioned about formation and thought it a bit pointed, wouldn't surprise me that the senior players are kicking up because they're being asked to do different tasks .

Also couldn't help but think that the players played for themselves in the second half V Chelsea as the Sky Camaras were in town, thus proving they can commit when they want to.

I have a horrible feeling that FG is fighting losing battle here.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:22 - Sep 18 with 4879 viewsblaine_scfc

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Tossers the lot of them.

Agree with this 100%

Really is sad to see. I don't want to see him sacked, but if the players have downed tools then we haven't got much choice, I just hope whoever comes in will show a few of these muppets the door.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:23 - Sep 18 with 4881 viewsOldjack

The signs are not good ,i honestly now can;t see where the next points are coming from ,we're right in the brown stuff and total confusion reigns
Sort it Huw or you'll be getting both barrels from many many disgruntle fans

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:23 - Sep 18 with 4873 viewsItchySphincter

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:17 - Sep 18 by jacabertawe

I agree. It is all very well for us mere supporters to criticise the players for their lack of effort (and pay packets), but they are human and can be expected to react to discord, for whatever reason it may arise. No, I am most definitely not ITK, but I just sense an unsettled team and Manager who is grasping at straws.

I can't ever remember being as annoyed with a bunch of Swans players as I am with this lot and I've been witness to several relegations and near misses.

The players went out with a bad attitude today - it was obvious. If they don't like what they're being asked to do tough. A team giving 100% or even 75% could have easily overcome a poor Southampton side today.

It's on the players.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:24 - Sep 18 with 4869 viewslondonlisa2001

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:16 - Sep 18 by union_jack

Have a word with Curt, he'll set you right.

Don't know what this means or is supposed to mean, but the really sad thing for me, is that if indeed FG has 'lost the players' then it goes without saying that the entire coaching staff have lost tha players, including Curt.

And it also goes without saying that any player who allows their annoyance with a manager to influence their performance, has no respect for the club or the fans.

I watched a documentary thing the other night about the Green Bay Packers - the only fan owned US major team in any sport. Their connection with their community was very special. It made me very sad - we had the opportunity to be that, and it's gone.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 4835 viewsAngelRangelQS

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:23 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

I can't ever remember being as annoyed with a bunch of Swans players as I am with this lot and I've been witness to several relegations and near misses.

The players went out with a bad attitude today - it was obvious. If they don't like what they're being asked to do tough. A team giving 100% or even 75% could have easily overcome a poor Southampton side today.

It's on the players.

In the main they are poor players with poor attitudes. Recipe for disaster
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:28 - Sep 18 with 4799 viewsicecoldjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:17 - Sep 18 by jacabertawe

The constant changing of formation is IMO an indicator of the manager trying to solve a problem that maybe not all the players believe is there, especially if it means a few senior players sitting on the bench.

Looks like somethings not right, especially Ki digging FG out today, that just confirms it for me.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:31 - Sep 18 with 4755 viewsSwanjaxs

Listen up boys.... yes Guidolin might be losing the dressing room. ... but make no mistake he has been working with his hands firmly tied behind his back! He wasn't my choice in the first place but the blame for this car crash lays firmly at one door!!! You reap what you sow and for this Jenkins should fall on his sword. .. and proto
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 19:32]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:32 - Sep 18 with 4745 viewsSwanjaxs

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Early days, but I'm reluctantly coming to that conclusion, something is definitely not right behind the scenes

😂😂😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:35 - Sep 18 with 4706 viewsAngelRangelQS

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:31 - Sep 18 by Swanjaxs

Listen up boys.... yes Guidolin might be losing the dressing room. ... but make no mistake he has been working with his hands firmly tied behind his back! He wasn't my choice in the first place but the blame for this car crash lays firmly at one door!!! You reap what you sow and for this Jenkins should fall on his sword. .. and proto

Had his captain sold and last years top scorer. Not adequately improved on a struggling squad from last season.

I don't think he is blameless but surely the majority of it rests elsewhere
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:36 - Sep 18 with 4686 viewsmonmouth

Just had a quick look at the Stoke forum. Total replica. Some saying they didn't spend enough...WHAT???

Lisa's right though, we've (or rather the sellouts and some poor managerial choices) have tossed away everything that was special about this club. We really could have been a shining light community club. Now we are nothing, a Wigan.

I fully expect the Trust to get nowhere with their discussions. Our model has been shot down. Like the Chinese at WBA, nobody could give a f**k about the communities these 'clubs' are meant to represent. They are just names. may as well be Hull Tigers, Swansea Jacks, Cardiff Jokers and all that shit. It's a circus, might as well have clown names.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:37 - Sep 18 with 4671 viewsShonky

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 by raynor94

There has been a "somethings not right behinds the scenes" post every week for the last four years.

Its just a ride...

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:38 - Sep 18 with 4653 viewsicecoldjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:31 - Sep 18 by Swanjaxs

I think most understand that FG has his hands tied, and i think most firmly lay the blame at the board and lack of investment but how do we get out of our current predicment ?

Bad enough if FG isn't getting the required help from above but if he isn't getting it from below,ie, his players then what's the next move ? seems like FG is getting it from all angles!
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:42 - Sep 18 with 4614 viewsSwanzay

Is it a simple question that if you dont/CANT select players as that decision is made for you , then naturally he has no authority or respect.

Which is no fault of his own, I assume he is one hand behind is back.

The players maybe think they are cosy as irrelevant whos in charge, they know they are not really....

He has no power, to do shite, unless Sir huw says...
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:43 - Sep 18 with 4602 viewslonglostjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:23 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

It's on the players.

This. If anything Guido needs to be more ruthless and the Board needs to back him. He is being too much the Gentleman and too cautious. He gave Ki a chance today and what happened - he blew it. Llorente was getting pissed off in the first half and signalling to the others to get forward and do some pressing rather like Ayew did last season. In his first game as manager against Everton this was what was a breath of fresh air compared to Monk. He needs to stick to his principles and ignore the ego's. Get rid of Ki and Taylor in January and use his contacts to buy in some hungry talent.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:44 - Sep 18 with 4589 viewsunion_jack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:24 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

Don't know what this means or is supposed to mean, but the really sad thing for me, is that if indeed FG has 'lost the players' then it goes without saying that the entire coaching staff have lost tha players, including Curt.

And it also goes without saying that any player who allows their annoyance with a manager to influence their performance, has no respect for the club or the fans.

I watched a documentary thing the other night about the Green Bay Packers - the only fan owned US major team in any sport. Their connection with their community was very special. It made me very sad - we had the opportunity to be that, and it's gone.

What I meant was that Curt has always been in touch with the players and also what suits us best as a team.

That fits in with your latter point that people like Curt are part of the community and just like last year when he was called upon to pull us out if the mire, he did so.

After a few glasses of wine, I hope that makes sense.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:47 - Sep 18 with 4556 viewsicecoldjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:42 - Sep 18 by Swanzay

Is it a simple question that if you dont/CANT select players as that decision is made for you , then naturally he has no authority or respect.

Which is no fault of his own, I assume he is one hand behind is back.

The players maybe think they are cosy as irrelevant whos in charge, they know they are not really....

He has no power, to do shite, unless Sir huw says...

Great point. If he don't hire the players , he don't fire the players!

Therefore they can feel free to chip in with bad attitude any time they like, seems to be the order of things these days.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:53 - Sep 18 with 4481 viewsJack123

I think he has lost the players, taylor last week, now Ki.. The players look lost, today was like watching a 2nd division side against Southampton, really poor..:(

libera nos a malo

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:01 - Sep 18 with 4382 viewslonglostjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:53 - Sep 18 by Jack123

I think he has lost the players, taylor last week, now Ki.. The players look lost, today was like watching a 2nd division side against Southampton, really poor..:(

What does it mean to lose the players? Manager completely incompetent according to players ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:13 - Sep 18 with 4299 viewsicecoldjack

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:01 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

What does it mean to lose the players? Manager completely incompetent according to players ?

Pretty much.

though it could be argued " ...according to incompetent players" works well too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024