Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC complaint 12:40 - Sep 19 with 2631 viewscockneyswan

Bit of a waste of time:-
Dear Mr ..........

Reference CAS-

Thanks for getting in touch with us about Chris Sutton's appearance on Match of the Day 2 on the 11 September.

I understand you felt Chris Sutton was an inappropriate choice of pundit and was biased towards Chelsea.

Whilst Chris is well-known for being outspoken and opinionated on foootballing matters, we are happy with the insight he provided as an ex-Premier League player.

We acknowledge that you were unhappy with his contribution, therefore we have made our colleagues at BBC Sport aware of the concerns you've raised.

Once again, thanks for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Brian Irvine
BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

BBC complaint on 12:43 - Sep 19 with 2613 viewsDarran

You actually complained?

F*ck my eyes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

BBC complaint on 12:47 - Sep 19 with 2589 viewsvetchonian

interestingly no mention of an assault on Martial by Watford which led to a goal.
It was discussed as a foul but whilst it was in my eyes worse than Fers on Cahill no massive analysis and "assault" claim!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

BBC complaint on 12:49 - Sep 19 with 2575 viewsLord_Bony

I complained also so await a similar reply I suppose.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

BBC complaint on 13:17 - Sep 19 with 2486 viewsLord_Bony

BBC complaint on 12:49 - Sep 19 by Lord_Bony

I complained also so await a similar reply I suppose.

Ha ha just as I thought the standard letter sent to everyone who complained...

Just got this

"Reference CAS-4005976-G9C1PY
Thanks for getting in touch with us about Chris Sutton's appearance on Match of the Day 2 on the 11 September.
I understand you felt Chris Sutton was an inappropriate choice of pundit and was biased towards Chelsea.
Whilst Chris is well-known for being outspoken and opinionated on footballing matters, we are happy with the insight he provided as an ex-Premier League player.
We acknowledge that you were unhappy with his contribution, therefore we have made our colleagues at BBC Sport aware of the concerns you've raised.
Kind regards
Brian Irvine"

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

BBC complaint on 13:21 - Sep 19 with 2469 viewsQuakerJack

BBC complaint on 13:17 - Sep 19 by Lord_Bony

Just got this

Whilst Chris is well-known for being outspoken and opinionated on footballing matters, we are happy with the insight he provided as an ex-Premier League player.
Kind regards
Brian Irvine"

good old copy and paste hey!! best thing about the digital age

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

BBC complaint on 13:25 - Sep 19 with 2445 viewsWarwickHunt

BBC complaint on 12:43 - Sep 19 by Darran

You actually complained?

F*ck my eyes.

Innit.
BBC complaint on 13:56 - Sep 19 with 2363 viewscockneyswan

Just got this

Kind regards
Brian Irvine"

Probably just change the names of the pundits as the different complaints come in! 😂😂😂
BBC complaint on 13:59 - Sep 19 with 2350 viewscockneyswan

You actually complained?

F*ck my eyes.

I actually did so feck you
Login to get fewer ads

BBC complaint on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 2334 viewsDarran

BBC complaint on 13:59 - Sep 19 by cockneyswan

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

BBC complaint on 14:21 - Sep 19 with 2287 viewsswanstillidai

BBC complaint on 14:53 - Sep 19 with 2229 viewsunion_jack

You actually complained?

F*ck my eyes.

I'm not normally one who would complain about such things but I've got to say, I think such emails were justified this time.

What difference will it make? Absolutely nothing but it helps to get things off your chest. It didn't help given the BBC Wales comments about the game. Everybody was against us and that was just not fair

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

BBC complaint on 15:50 - Sep 19 with 2120 viewssherpajacob

Would it have been better to complain about the bbc employing someone with a conviction for assault.

There are plenty of ex players available as pundits without any such conviction.

Personally I believe the standard of punditry has rapidly nose dived since the media stopped using current and ex managers in favour of ex players.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

BBC complaint on 15:53 - Sep 19 with 2110 viewsWarwickHunt

Wanna go halves on a placard?
BBC complaint on 16:01 - Sep 19 with 2080 viewssherpajacob

An awful lot of people complained on the PS forum about him, a complaint direct to the bbc can be seen as actually doing something about it.

If it makes the motd producers think twice about using him again, then well done.to those that did complain.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

BBC complaint on 16:02 - Sep 19 with 2071 viewsPrivate_Partz

You actually complained?

F*ck my eyes.

All you do us complain! At least he takes it into the wider world beyond PS. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BBC complaint on 16:05 - Sep 19 with 2055 viewsswan65split

Any complaint to a large/small organisation is a total waste of time, try making one to British Gas or the 3 network....................now thats a challenge!
BBC complaint on 16:35 - Sep 19 with 2008 viewsbuilthjack

It was a topic of discussion at the game yesterday. It would appear that a lot complained to the BBC about this.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

BBC complaint on 18:01 - Sep 19 with 1933 viewscockneyswan

BBC complaint on 16:35 - Sep 19 by builthjack

It was a topic of discussion at the game yesterday. It would appear that a lot complained to the BBC about this.

I'm sure we all had the same copy and paste reply 😂😂😂
BBC complaint on 18:12 - Sep 19 with 1906 viewsHighjack

Is there any facility to complain about the response letter to your complaint? If there isn't I'm going to complain.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

BBC complaint on 18:39 - Sep 19 with 1864 viewscockneyswan

BBC complaint on 18:12 - Sep 19 by Highjack

Is there any facility to complain about the response letter to your complaint? If there isn't I'm going to complain.

BBC complaint on 19:12 - Sep 19 with 1824 viewsexiledclaseboy

Just got this

Kind regards
Brian Irvine"

I bet his name isn't Brian Irvine either. My mate worked for the complaints department of the BBC once. It might have changed now because this would have been about 20 years ago but the people dealing with complaints to the BBC were encouraged to adopt public facing pseudonyms and not use their real names. They needed to remain anonymous to ensure their safety from the green crayon wielding, mouth breathing halfwits who feel the need to complain when the BBC broadcasts a television or radio programme they don't like. My mate used to call himself Glynn Vivian.

Poll: Tory leader

BBC complaint on 19:44 - Sep 19 with 1771 viewsParsSwans

Just got my reply today and it read exactly the same
Reference CAS-

Kind regards

Brian Irvine

BBC Complaints Team
BBC complaint on 19:48 - Sep 19 with 1756 viewsunion_jack

BBC complaint on 19:44 - Sep 19 by ParsSwans

Just got my reply today and it read exactly the same
Reference CAS-

Kind regards

Brian Irvine

BBC Complaints Team

There's an echo in here!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

BBC complaint on 23:32 - Sep 19 with 1620 viewsCatullus

BBC complaint on 19:48 - Sep 19 by union_jack

There's an echo in here!

There's an echo in here.........here...........here...........here

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024