Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Power?? 22:09 - Sep 19 with 1781 viewsBurryPortJack

It seems to be a big problem at the Swans, under Laudrup, Monk and now FG.
The players don't like something and down tools, but it's the fans that suffer. The players and board go home to healthy bank accounts so i feel their not that bothered if they lose. The season tickets holders i know all work self employed etc and live for Swansea fc, we all feel it's only the fans at the moment that do care.
Not caring if you lose because you don't like the manager really winds me up, ye don't worry about the 20,000 people who pay towards the club.
Who is to blame here? Players? Board? Both?

Player Power?? on 09:58 - Sep 20 with 1566 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If Guidolin is forced out it will be the end of Premiership football for the Swans.
Player Power is never a good thing when those wielding the power have no real vested interest in the club other than as a cash cow.
What may have started out as passion for the club is now destroying it.
Player Power?? on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 1562 viewsLeonisGod

Didn't look like they'd downed tools against Chelsea.
Player Power?? on 10:02 - Sep 20 with 1561 viewsLoyal

Player Power?? on 10:00 - Sep 20 by LeonisGod

If that was ever proven then my preferred method of total player extermination at Swansea will be put in to effect.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Player Power?? on 10:25 - Sep 20 with 1547 viewsmonmouth

They did, however, look like they didn't have a clue about what they were meant to be trying to do for at least 70% of the game. Similarly 100% of the games against Leicester and Southampton. They either don't believe in what they are being told to do, or they don't understand it. Either way, when it comes to giving that last 5%, it's never there.

The team AND the manager need to work out what suits the team best, and if the manager wants something different he needs to change the staff over time. Same in any job. Needs to cut out any sniping cancers after the strategy is agreed though. I think it's too late though. We're going to have months of discord with the odd flash. Monk's team drew with Tottenham after being outplayed and he talked of turning the corner etc. Same at Liverpool when he celebrated a 1-0 defeat. We're on for a repeat here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Player Power?? on 11:12 - Sep 20 with 1485 viewsDafyddHuw

I think the player power thing is a fallacy. I think it's more down to they haven't got a clue how to play to FG's system(s).
Player Power?? on 11:15 - Sep 20 with 1480 viewsjack247

Did against Southampton, Hull and Burnley. To a lesser extent against Leicester. First half against Chelsea was Guifolins fault, which he acknowledged
Player Power?? on 11:20 - Sep 20 with 1471 viewsmonmouth

Player Power?? on 11:12 - Sep 20 by DafyddHuw

I think the player power thing is a fallacy. I think it's more down to they haven't got a clue how to play to FG's system(s).

I'm coming around to that way of thinking too, and they are then guaranteed to laugh at him and roll their eyes behind his back as everything he says is discounted, ridiculed and half heartedly tried on the pitch without any real belief in it. Result...exactly what we are seeing.

So we're back to square one. 1) Change the manager 2) Change the players on the pitch or 3) Change the approach to one they do believe in. We don't really have the second option.

Otherwise we will be bottom by Christmas at the latest.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:22]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Player Power?? on 11:20 - Sep 20 with 1467 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The manager picks the team & decides on tactics and so far he's come short on it all.

The buck stops with Guido .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Player Power?? on 11:31 - Sep 20 with 1445 viewsjack247

Player Power?? on 11:20 - Sep 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

The manager picks the team & decides on tactics and so far he's come short on it all.

Nowhere near as simple as that, but he absolutely has to take a large share of the blame.

Huw Jenkins, Levein/Caplan, the players, really aren't coveting themselves in glory at the moment either
Player Power?? on 11:33 - Sep 20 with 1439 viewsLegend83

Player Power?? on 11:20 - Sep 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

I agree to some extent, but once the players are on the pitch it is down to them to execute.

What is the point in tactics when your Argentinian-international CB boings the ball back into the danger area, or when several of your players can't trap or pass the ball to another team-mate?

A lot of his decision-making and tactics are questionable at times but there is not much he can do when the players at his disposal flit between half-decent and utter tripe.
Player Power?? on 12:11 - Sep 20 with 1396 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's not getting the best out of the players , motivation is not the there;, respect has gone as is evident the last 2 games .

He's not even picking the best players .
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 12:16]

Player Power?? on 12:18 - Sep 20 with 1371 viewsDarran

Player Power?? on 12:11 - Sep 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's not getting the best out of the players , motivation is not the there;, respect has gone as is evident the last 2 games .

He's not even picking the best players .
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 12:16]

It's not his fault though it's nothing to do with him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Player Power?? on 12:26 - Sep 20 with 1346 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Player Power?? on 12:18 - Sep 20 by Darran

It's not his fault though it's nothing to do with him.

He picks the team you eda .

Player Power?? on 12:59 - Sep 20 with 1291 viewsvetchonian

Whilst I think there were some player power issues during the Laudrup era and possibly towards the end of Monks reign I dont think we have the same issues now.
There may be a case of certain players losing respect for Franco as a result of his decision making or lack off. Take Sunday the world and his dog could see we were getting mullered down our left side but franco did nothing except make a like for like substitution at half time , then he decided too late to bring on Montero to give them something to think about. I am sure we have all been in a situation where we cannot believe the decisions or non action our managers in our own workplaces have taken over the years and often this can lead to us dropping our heads or behaving in a certain way I think this is happening to some of the team. Regarding not having the skills ..well most of this team all have experience at this level and even international so they should not be "utter tripe" again there are many of us who are well capable in our own jobs who have a bad day at the office. SOmetimes for a footballer the basics are lost due to the pressure they are under during play....no excuse for bad passes when there is loads of time but if the team is under the cosh as more recently we find ourselves mistakes will creep in. I am not defending our players BUT how they are set up for a match how the competeition is countered is down to the coach. If they are not ahppy with the style of play once they step over the white line iot is up to them and the seniors in the team should change it to show the manager is wrong ..not all switch off and down tools. I think at the moment our problem is a combination of poor coaching maybe not helped due to the language problems, some poor attitudes of certain individual players (Tayls in particular).. Also we have not yet played started with the same 11 2 games running sides need time to settle ....something we had for many years a "core " team whihc each season we made one or two additions too.....usually carefully chosen too! SO I dont think it is the player power revolt which was part of Laudrups demise ( and this wasnt the only reason he went) also Monk has gone ( and Ash too) who were the ones who were seen to be running to HJ telling tales and complaining its more of players at a loss!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Player Power?? on 17:08 - Sep 20 with 1133 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Player Power?? on 12:59 - Sep 20 by vetchonian

Whilst I think there were some player power issues during the Laudrup era and possibly towards the end of Monks reign I dont think we have the same issues now.
There may be a case of certain players losing respect for Franco as a result of his decision making or lack off. Take Sunday the world and his dog could see we were getting mullered down our left side but franco did nothing except make a like for like substitution at half time , then he decided too late to bring on Montero to give them something to think about. I am sure we have all been in a situation where we cannot believe the decisions or non action our managers in our own workplaces have taken over the years and often this can lead to us dropping our heads or behaving in a certain way I think this is happening to some of the team. Regarding not having the skills ..well most of this team all have experience at this level and even international so they should not be "utter tripe" again there are many of us who are well capable in our own jobs who have a bad day at the office. SOmetimes for a footballer the basics are lost due to the pressure they are under during play....no excuse for bad passes when there is loads of time but if the team is under the cosh as more recently we find ourselves mistakes will creep in. I am not defending our players BUT how they are set up for a match how the competeition is countered is down to the coach. If they are not ahppy with the style of play once they step over the white line iot is up to them and the seniors in the team should change it to show the manager is wrong ..not all switch off and down tools. I think at the moment our problem is a combination of poor coaching maybe not helped due to the language problems, some poor attitudes of certain individual players (Tayls in particular).. Also we have not yet played started with the same 11 2 games running sides need time to settle ....something we had for many years a "core " team whihc each season we made one or two additions too.....usually carefully chosen too! SO I dont think it is the player power revolt which was part of Laudrups demise ( and this wasnt the only reason he went) also Monk has gone ( and Ash too) who were the ones who were seen to be running to HJ telling tales and complaining its more of players at a loss!

Indeed good post that .

Monk lost the plot everyone could see it bar him

Stubborn maybe ?

Player Power?? on 17:13 - Sep 20 with 1122 viewsDarran

Player Power?? on 12:26 - Sep 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

He picks the team you eda .

FFS Tom how long have you been on here now?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024